facebook

Options

Replies

• megansoriano
    Options
    well actually I started to get really motivated months ago, this guy was posting on Facebook that he was at the gym or what workout he was doing. So, yes I do post my MFP info on Facebook so maybe it will motivate others. :)

11527915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have my workout report and my food diary posted daily. I have supportive people who check it out and a couple of them have joined to start with me because of it.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't linked. I don't know how much it publishes and I wouldn't want it publishing everything. When I hit the 30lb mark, I took the -30 MFP sign and posted it on my Facebook with "Thank you MFP!" above it. In general, I don't post much about my weight loss on Facebook. It's not that I care that people know, it's just that I don't feel the need to advertise it. When I hit the 50lb mark, I'll probably post the MFP image again.
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    MFP not linked to FB at all. Infact MFP is pulling me away from FB :)

I have logged in here for the past ten days and have been spending way more time on here then on FB.
  • kristena6968
    Options

me too
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I haven't told anyone IRL about my MFP account. The things I post on here can be very personal, emotional, sometimes embarrassing. I know that the support I get on here is enough, and I don't know how my facebook friends would react.
    This is a very specific community for a specific purpose, and you can't be sure of how all your facebook friends would respond to the things you say, eat, and post.
    Those are my reasons!

THIS
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    its linked for exercise and when ive lost weight its a motivater for me when i know my family who are constantly saying i cant do this can see that i am they arent on mfp friends so cant see how bad i am some days but they see the good parts
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    I had mine linked for a while but then people kept commenting on everything I did and in the end I wanted to tell them to get lost so I changed it back
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    no... FB already knows too much about me!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I think when I am closer to my goal I am linking up mfp to facebook because I will feel more comfortable.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't have mine linked but I do talk about MFP on there and my progress!!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Nope. This is a different world. Kinda reluctant to share this site at all. Here I can say things I wouldn't there.
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Not to FB but I do link it to Twitter ...
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    No, facebook has my friends family and my network, which is mostly competitive bodybuilders.
  • PMPB7
    PMPB7 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I completely agree. I have hardly touched my FB recently and now less so when I am here. This is much more encouraging for me and people with many of the same desires and goals. No way is it linked for now. :)
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i don't have it linked either....i hadn't thought of why, but now i realized that i dont want ppl knowing in on this journey....kinda keeping it to myself and the ones very close to me......
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i also noticed just now that i long on here so much more than i do facebook......
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I don't mind posting that I'm losing weight. But I don't want them to see my progress. Because I'd never hear the end of it from certain family members about falling off the wagon. For example, if I ate an extra portion of something, (that I budgeted for) I'd never hear the end of it.

My grandma was always on me like that during pregnancy. My doctor had told me to eat every 3 hours to keep my heartburn from turning me into a volcano.And I ate small portions. Even though I told her this, she was constantly saying, "Meagan you shouldn't eat so much you're gaining too much weight and it's not healthy for the baby."

The irony is that even though I already weighed a lot, I gained 40 lbs, and my bean pole cousin who weighed nothing and gained 80 lbs during her pregnancy was NEVER yelled at.
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options

me too.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    No. Freaking. Way.

That is the LAST thing I'd want to broadcast to everyone.
    i concur