First weigh in nerves!!

Options
Hello all,

I start my MFP journey last tues and it will now be my first weigh in this tues and I am really nervous!

I have been under my calorie goal so far and intend to stick to that for the rest of the week,

Is there anyone else who felt like this or is feeling like this for their first weigh in??

Natz :bigsmile:

x

14696887.png

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi Natz :flowerforyou:

I cannot see your diary but if you stuck to the guidelines, drank the water watched the Sodium level during the week you should be fine :bigsmile: The first week is always the hardest but you will get there :drinker:

You mentioned "under your calorie goal" if it is too low then you need to actually eat more or that could delay the process ... never thought I would hear myself saying that but it does work :bigsmile:
  • Natz_20
    Natz_20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Natz :flowerforyou:

I cannot see your diary but if you stuck to the guidelines, drank the water watched the Sodium level during the week you should be fine :bigsmile: The first week is always the hardest but you will get there :drinker:

You mentioned "under your calorie goal" if it is too low then you need to actually eat more or that could delay the process ... never thought I would hear myself saying that but it does work :bigsmile:

Hey :bigsmile:

Thanks for the advice really will take it on board been about 100 calories under goal everyday this is gonna increase next week as I am going back to Zumba after the Xmas hols so really looking forward to it and will defo eat back the calories that I burn!!!

Natz

xx
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It's your first weigh-in. This is the one you SHOULDN'T be putting pressure on. Because it might take a while to figure out what's going to work for you. You're new at this. Don't put so much emphasis on the number on the scale, especially for this weigh-in. You will probably lose if you've been eating the way you need to, but if you don't, it could be any number of factors (not eating enough, water retention, etc.). If you lose a lot, that rate of loss probably won't continue for future weigh-ins. Just step on the scale and record the number. Your self-worth is not a number on a scale.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I feel them all the time! I was super nervous this week as I ate junk food, but I still lost 2 lbs!
  • KristinC4
    Options
    I feel nervous every weigh in. For me, it hasn't gotten any easier to step on the scale. I am always nervous!
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Dont worry. The journey your taking takes a long time. It will be filled with celebrations and crushing disappointment. One week will not dictate the rest. Its ok to be nervous, but remember its just a number. : )
  • Chast373
    Options
    I definitely felt super nervous on my first weigh in. If you are sticking to your intake you will have lost. Good luck when the day arrives.
  • Natz_20
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

So glad I am not the only one who suffers from this!!

Done the whole weight loss journery before then was in an abusive relationship and put all the weight I had lost back on (which was around 60lbs) this was through weight watchers so should be used to weigh ins especially since I am standing in the bathroom myself this time around :laugh:

Everyone please feel free to add me :bigsmile:

Natz x

14696887.png
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My first weigh in tomorrow. I'm nervous too. But I have stucked to my healthy eating and have increased my exercise. Simple things really. But I think Scotts advice is perfect. Cheers Scott.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I decided to weigh in this am after being at it only 4 days because I wanted to join a challenge and I needed my starting weight to do so and I had lost 2.8 pounds already! But I was def nervous going in! The best hing I can say is to take any loss you get even if its just a few ounces! And ALAWAYS keep in mind that what the scale says should not be your bottom line in deciding if your successful! Always take into account how your clothes fit. The effort you put in and how you feel overall. Especially if you are going to be excercising alot becuase that will build muscle and so no loss could just be from a gain of muscle!

Good luck!
  • Natz_20
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

This is why I am on here because of the support everyone gives each other!!

Really want to get down to 133lbs by the end of the year!!! got a long way to go the now but I am determined to do it for the 2nd and last time and show my mean ex what he really had and lost!!! :bigsmile:

Natz x

14696887.png
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I was excited-nervous about it! The potential! The start of a hard, but rewarding journey.
  • Natz_20
    Options
    Dont worry. The journey your taking takes a long time. It will be filled with celebrations and crushing disappointment. One week will not dictate the rest. Its ok to be nervous, but remember its just a number. : )

This must be one of the most positive things I have ever heard!!

Natz x

14696887.png
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    HERE IS MY ADVICE:

(having not read any of the responses in this thread)...

Now that you've started this journey you are going to be weighing yourself a lot. I'm not saying everyday or even every other day - but even just once a week is going to prove to be a lot during the course of this quest for better health and fitness.

My advice is to never be so discouraged by the number that you quit trying, and to never be so confidant over the number that you become complacent.

It's a number. It's an arbitrary guideline. Your body is the actual vessel that will send you signals on concrete progress. Because some days that number is going to spike due to unseen forces that otherwise seem compelled to stunt our progression and piss us off. They come from water retention due to our muscles attempting to repair themselves. Time of Month, sodium, etc. (Et cetera meaning I've run out of examples).

Our culture has placed a lot of weight (lol) on the scale. It's just a guideline.

Good luck on your journey. Don't hold that scale as having too much weight than it really does.
  • Natz_20
    Options
    HERE IS MY ADVICE:

(having not read any of the responses in this thread)...

Now that you've started this journey you are going to be weighing yourself a lot. I'm not saying everyday or even every other day - but even just once a week is going to prove to be a lot during the course of this quest for better health and fitness.

My advice is to never be so discouraged by the number that you quit trying, and to never be so confidant over the number that you become complacent.

It's a number. It's an arbitrary guideline. Your body is the actual vessel that will send you signals on concrete progress. Because some days that number is going to spike due to unseen forces that otherwise seem compelled to stunt our progression and piss us off. They come from water retention due to our muscles attempting to repair themselves. Time of Month, sodium, etc. (Et cetera meaning I've run out of examples).

Our culture has placed a lot of weight (lol) on the scale. It's just a guideline.

Good luck on your journey. Don't hold that scale as having too much weight than it really does.

Thanks!! its great how everyone is so positive!!!

Please everyone feel free to add me :smile:

Natz
    x

14696887.png
  • eg140
    eg140 Posts: 8
    Options
    Pick one time of the day to weigh yourself my weight fluctuates through out the day by several pounds. I choose to weigh myself in the morning.
  • Natz_20
    Options
    Pick one time of the day to weigh yourself my weight fluctuates through out the day by several pounds. I choose to weigh myself in the morning.

defo weighin myself in the morning done that last week so gonna stick to it and get an accurate measurement :smile:

Natz

x

14696887.png
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options

^^50lb lost so far^^ I'd listen to these wise words :smile:
  • Natz_20
    Options

^^50lb lost so far^^ I'd listen to these wise words :smile:

Definately!!

cant wait to fit into UK size 12 jeans :) x
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My first weigh in is this coming Monday.. I am nervous & excited.. I have been doing good.. Had a bad day yesterday with temptation - but I kept it at bay... I have done the diet thing so many times & this time I am sticking with it.. I want to be healthier & have more energy & feel great.. I to have to remember the scale is just numbers.. I am sure there will be good & bad weeks - but thats a part of everything in our lives.. Good luck & I hope your first one goes great.. Scott those were great words of advice.. I might have to copy those & put on my wall.. Words to live by..:smile: