Vitamin Supplements: What do are you taking?

Options
13»

Replies

• lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I take a B complex it helps to eaze some stress, and it's water soluble, meaning you just pee out the excess. I have found it to make me feel a little happier, also with being on Birth Control, it is a great supplement, your body tends to depleat itself very fast of the b vitamins. I also take Melatonin some nights. I live in Wisconsin, dark cold winters, and your body tends to slow down production of it. I always had problems falling asleep, and the mealatonin tends to allow me to get a more restfull sleep.
  • Faith2FeelFabulous
    Faith2FeelFabulous Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a manager at GNC... So I take quite a bit of supplements.

Green Multivitamin (which has digestive enzymes, so I no longer take them separately)
    Sport Fish Oil (with L-Glutamine, so I don't have to take it separately)
    L-Arginine + L-Ornithine
    L-Lysine
    B6
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D
    Probiotic
    L-Carnitine
    Astragulus
    Resveratrol
    Be Beautiful (Hair Skin Nail)
    Chia Seed (every few days, esp when I need fibre)
    CLA (just started back on this)
    Spirulina (especially when I forget food at work, or just want to up my protein)

I just bought some SafSlim (safflower oil) to see what it does (and up my calorie intake)
    I have some of the Be Hot vitapaks, but usually toss the fish oil one out of it. Major fishy burps.

I also drink a protein shake every morning.

wow. thats allot to keep up with. I would forget unless i had a couple of the granny pills packs to keep them in. I would love to be this healthy. Seriously. Great job!
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    One a day for metabolism, B12, Vitamin C, Hair Skin and Nails, Fish Oil, Green Tea extract (sometimes)
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Thanks to many of you! :) I'm totally going to get some L-Lysine tomorrow. I can't believe I did not know about this supplement with all the supplements I have. Sheesh! LOL
  • Michaelaraedixon
    Options
    I workin an office where we suggest suppliments for patients. There are lots out there and it all depends on your daily diet. I take 3,000 vit D because it is winter time here and we dont get much sunlight. This helps with your immune system. I also take fish oil 2 times a day. Fish oil is a nutural inflammatory. If you work out and have slight injuries here and there it helps. I take a Doctors Pride brand Meta Trim.everyday too. Its green tea based and has amazingly helped with my over eating. I take l-lysine, which is a protein to help with muscle and it also helps you sleep a little better. If you have a specific concern, I can try to suggest certain supplimemts for you. I actually like researching this for people and I have a company I use for ordering these. Let me know!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm a manager at GNC... So I take quite a bit of supplements.

Green Multivitamin (which has digestive enzymes, so I no longer take them separately)
    Sport Fish Oil (with L-Glutamine, so I don't have to take it separately)
    L-Arginine + L-Ornithine
    L-Lysine
    B6
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D
    Probiotic
    L-Carnitine
    Astragulus
    Resveratrol
    Be Beautiful (Hair Skin Nail)
    Chia Seed (every few days, esp when I need fibre)
    CLA (just started back on this)
    Spirulina (especially when I forget food at work, or just want to up my protein)

I just bought some SafSlim (safflower oil) to see what it does (and up my calorie intake)
    I have some of the Be Hot vitapaks, but usually toss the fish oil one out of it. Major fishy burps.

I also drink a protein shake every morning.

OK. I'm very confused by this ---- "I just bought some SafSlim (safflower oil)".

Hun, you already take SafSlim. CLA is the same thing! I saw the whole SafSlim thing with Montel on Dr. Oz so I looked it up. Cause of course, it intrigued me. :) Found out it's the same and I already take CLA myself.
  • marybethhillegas
    Options
    I take on a daily basis:

Flaxseed Oil
    Prenatal
    DHA
    Cinnamon capsules
    Calcium+ vitamin D

My doctor advised me to take a prenatal since I am in child bearing years, and am planning on trying to concieve soon.
  • Michaelaraedixon
    Options
    Geeen tea helps me so much with hunger. Since I have been taking it, I have been able to balance out my daily food intake better. I love it. It also has wonderful health bennifits.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I take:
    Chewable multi (right now its CVS gummie swirls)
    Ester C gummies
    Iron (near and on TOM)

When I remember I take:
    L-Lysine
    B Complex

I used to take fish oil and it made my acid reflux really bad and my dr told me to stop taking it.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I take melatonin every night for sleep and that's pretty much it. I own a women's multi that I take sometimes. This is something I will be revisiting, though, since I think I could do for some supplements -- I've just been poor lately!
  • eedossa
    eedossa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • diviana
    diviana Posts: 53
    Options
    Costco brand omega oil, multi-vitamin, and vitamin D.
  • ndonato
    ndonato Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Love the information I'm getting here.

Bump!

15089457.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chanson104
    Options
    I take Juice Plus, Fish oil, and Calcium. I really do see an improvement in my dry skin and dry eyes by taking the fish oil, and I totally believe in the benefits of taking Juice Plus!
  • chanson104
    Options
    Niacin - get the flush free kind - is a natural B vitamin - which fights cholesterol and triglycerides. I take 1000 mgs every day. I also take a magnesium/Vitamin D/Calcium tablet, 1000mg fish oil, all as rec. by my doctor. I take a multi vitamin, too.

OH.....definitely Flush Free! That was a very scary experience. LOL And unfortunately, when I saw 'flush free' on the bottle, stupid me thought that had something to do with going to the bathroom. ;/
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm on doctor's orders to take 5,000 IU of Vit D daily and I'm also on Rx strength (990mg) of L-carnitine. In addition to that I take Biotin, Gingko Biloba (helps reduce some side effects from my medication), cranberry pills every now and then (I'm prone to UTIs), and valarian root if I need help sleeping (as I work 3rd shift).
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    multi vitamin, b12, vitC, fish oil