who eats oatmeal for breakfast?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    I have tried the oatmeal and for some reason it seems to make me hungry faster. Is that normal? I really like it with brown sugar and dried cranberries tho. Thanks in adv for your tips
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    the answer:

Every damn day.....lol....but just for the past 191 days.

I eat instant, mixing one packet of the flavored version and one regular. Nothing added...well, Water.
  • Taith
    Taith Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "I have tried the oatmeal and for some reason it seems to make me hungry faster. Is that normal? I really like it with brown sugar and dried cranberries tho. Thanks in adv for your tips "

I had that problem, my nutritionist asked me to add cottage cheese or another protein source to it. and it did the trick.
  • lindsaymo34
    Options
    I always put a sliced banana in. I switch between sliced almonds and chopped walnuts. And then cinnamon. I also put chia seeds in as well. In the past I've put in peanut butter, pureed pumpkin and pumpkin spice, a dash of cocoa powder.
  • debnp88
    Options
    I eat it daily and add wheat germ and honey -
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I'm in love with everyone's responses! I love all of the ideas! I have really been loving this in the morning, or evening lol, so all of the ideas are just perfect!

My fav add ins are
    Vanilla almond milk, apples, cranberries, raisins , strawberries, blueberries, brown sugar, & stevia!

I heard pumpkin suggested, that sounds delicious! I love pumpkin!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I eat it with skim milk, low fat greek yogurt, protein powder and natural PB.
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    MMmmmmmmm! Going to go make some now.. tyvm
  • Angie_PDX
    Options
    I alternate between oatmeal and Greek yogurt for breakfast every morning.. To prepare my oatmeal breakfasts each week, I make 4 servings of Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats - which I pack away in containers. But before I seal them up, I add 2 teaspoons of dried blueberries then I sprinkle the top of the oatmeal with apple pie spice (no sugar added) and then top with a single crunchy pecan. It looks amazing, smells heavenly & has only 220 calories per one cup serving. I love it (and it's totally filling)!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal most days in the winter when it's cold. Definately not in summer. I put in a big spoonfull of pumplin puree, pumpkin pie spice and some walnuts. Really good, and the pumpkin adds a lot of fiber. Other times I have some low fat fruit flavered yogurt on top.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I'm in love with everyone's responses! I love all of the ideas! I have really been loving this in the morning, or evening lol, so all of the ideas are just perfect!

My fav add ins are
    Vanilla almond milk, apples, cranberries, raisins , strawberries, blueberries, brown sugar, & stevia!

I heard pumpkin suggested, that sounds delicious! I love pumpkin!

Pumpkin kinda disappears from the grocery shelves after the holidays so you better hurry and get a can if you want to try it.
  • athearenee
    Options
    I eat Quaker Lower Sugar Oatmeal/Maple&Brown Sugar - it calls for 2/3c water or milk (if made in microwave)
    I make it with water or if I am having one of those...
    "man, wish I had a doughnut" mornings...
    I will use 1/3c milk/1/3c water

It's So Good...Especially after having no sweets for such a long time.

I have to alternate my breakfasts or I get burnt out though.

Have a Great Day! :smile:

PS> if you use plain oatmeal, I suggest honey and raisins to sweeten it
  • ntm76
    ntm76 Posts: 25
    Options
    I cook big batches of oatmeal at a time and then microwave it in the mornings. Lately I have been eating it with apples, cinnamon, a sprinkle of pecans agave for sweetness and some milk. I plan on add whey protein to it when I get some this week.

I do eat pumpkin puree in it sometimes ( not with all of the above though ) with cranberries. If you like pumpkin you can buy a can and put it in ice cube trays freeze and then put the cubes in a plastic bag. Not only is it pre portioned but this way when you get a pumpkin craving in the summer you have some available,
  • xrRebekahHx
    Options
    i have 60g of instant oats and 1/2 tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk all the time! all you gotta do is to thoroughly mix them together and microwave for a min! tastes super nice to me :D
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    I heart oatmeal, but fage and go lean crunch is my FavE
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    I love oatmeal for breakfast, i make mine with water. I add 1 tsp. Natural Peanut Butter and 1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream protein powder-YUM!!