My Plateau Nutrition Story, Learn from my mistakes.

Options

Replies

• cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Nice post.

If anyone wants an easier method of calculating their calories using Katch McArdle rather than doing it manually then use this link:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Select "Advanced Options" and check the Katch McCardle box.

Still telling me to eat 1,214 for "extreme" fat loss :sad:
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post, I have been struggling with a plateau since June! I will do the numbers!
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST and thank you for sharing. I agree with you and am so happy you took time to read about how to feed your body!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    Great info. Thanks.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Great Post, Love it!!
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    best post!
  • WehttamThims
    WehttamThims Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Eat more people!!

I think you'll find there are laws against eating people. :noway:

Those laws are fuzzy at best and with a good lawyer....
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Katie41907
    Options
    What better place to get all the nutrients that you need!.....just make sure you are eating healthy people!!!! :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have increased my calories, and I seemed to be on a plateau as a result of it. I think everyone's body works differently.
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    hmmm.calculator tells me for extreme weight loss, at my current size to eat about 2000 calories based on exercise level. i'm going to have to think about this. i'm well under that.
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's posts like these that making me do what I'm doing...listening to my body. I've lost almost 50 pounds since August and around Christmas the loss slowed down-but I think that is due to holiday snacking! Anyhow, when I went back to work in January I noticed that my daily intake was several hundred higher than it had been the entire first semester. Well that was because I was HUNGRY and rather than deny myself I am actually eating! The best part is that I've lost 3.5 pounds since January first even with the increased calories. I'm not following a program, I'm still eating what I want (and yeah-that usually means I go over on my sugar) but I'm eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm not. I hope this continues to work like it has been so far!
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nice post.

If anyone wants an easier method of calculating their calories using Katch McArdle rather than doing it manually then use this link:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Select "Advanced Options" and check the Katch McCardle box.

Still telling me to eat 1,214 for "extreme" fat loss :sad:

Thanks for this link...I went to it and did the calculations and my "increased" calories that I'm eating just by listening to my body fall within the range recommended for "extreme fat loss" and "fat loss". I guess there is something to be said for listening...
  • abrantner
    Options
    Eat more people!!

I think you'll find there are laws against eating people. :noway:

Wait!! I thought it was "Eat More Chikin" :bigsmile:
  • QuiteNice
    QuiteNice Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yikes !!! Math ...
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thanks.

Downloading the book as we speak.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I will definitely be reading this over again. I downloaded "BFFM" a long time ago and found it to be full of useful information, but I wasn't ready for it yet. It seemed to be written for body builders, and I was so not a body builder then. I'm not now either, but at least I'm transforming it!

I have been stuck in a huge plateau for about 10 months now and cannot seem to find the answer. I've upped calories, decreased calories, changed workouts, etc. I will work on the info in your post and see if this gives my any hope. I have had some success - I've lost pants sizes and inches, but I am really starting to lose patience as far as weight is concerned. Thanks again!