PERIOD HELP -- LADIES ONLY!!!!!

Options

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    FYI to all..... Peroxide takes out blood very well from anything. Carpets, clothing, towels. Just my 2 cents. I have a female and she had a few heats, because we were going to breed, then I had her fixed. My kids and I would have wanted to keep the puppies. Another FYI, My Lab has gotten super fat afterwards. Like as in pin head blown up tick fat. Before you all say anything, we measure the food, and the dogs get fed once a day period. no table food, ect. We are strict with the dogs because they are show dogs. My kids train them for the 4-H fair and my male Lab has won Agility in the State Fair on year. So, point being is she may get fat afterwards for no reason. Vet and our trainers say that some dogs do.
  • arnoldnagy
    arnoldnagy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Get her fixed.
    Scheduled for the 18th, actually.

In all seriousness, check with your vet to make sure she can get spayed now. Some vets won't do the surgery if she's in heat or has recently been in heat, and may want you to reschedule.
  • jeepgirl1020
    jeepgirl1020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is no problem with bathing her in regular dog shampoo. You will need to get her a doggie diaper to wear while she is bleeding typically their heat cycle lasts 3 weeks and don't let outside off leash as a female in heat can attract a male dog from miles away. I would highly recommend getting her SPAYED then you won't have to worry with this twice yearly. There are a lot of health benefits for her ( like preventing ovarian and uterine cancers) and you won't have to worry about her getting pregnant and having puppies. To many animals end up in shelters unwanted please don't contribute to the pet over population!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Get her fixed.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    FYI to all..... Peroxide takes out blood very well from anything. Carpets, clothing, towels. Just my 2 cents. I have a female and she had a few heats, because we were going to breed, then I had her fixed. My kids and I would have wanted to keep the puppies. Another FYI, My Lab has gotten super fat afterwards. Like as in pin head blown up tick fat. Before you all say anything, we measure the food, and the dogs get fed once a day period. no table food, ect. We are strict with the dogs because they are show dogs. My kids train them for the 4-H fair and my male Lab has won Agility in the State Fair on year. So, point being is she may get fat afterwards for no reason. Vet and our trainers say that some dogs do.
    Your dawg is in starvation mode
  • rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Give your dog a bath - it's ok. Lol. Women bathe while menstruating!

Kinda what I was thinking!
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Bathing would be very dangerous. It might attract sharks.
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the giggles! I needed them :O)
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just give her a bath as you normally would. If the towel gets bloody then soak it it cold water, and wash as normal.
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Have her fixed..as far as the blood peroxide will get it out bathe her as usual
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Get her uterus removed immediately and you won't have this problem :drinker:

make sure you ask the dog first how she feels! what if the dog is pro life? what right do you have to remove her rights as a female???
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    1312845408mysister.gif

Peroxide? Make sure you rinse it out good afterward. It's corrosive. Or something.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Get her fixed.

In all seriousness, check with your vet to make sure she can get spayed now. Some vets won't do the surgery if she's in heat or has recently been in heat, and may want you to reschedule.
    We did, actually. It's messy, but they're good with it. Will still be in heat, but should be done bleeding by then.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Get her uterus removed immediately and you won't have this problem :drinker:

make sure you ask the dog first how she feels! what if the dog is pro life? what right do you have to remove her rights as a female???
    think_of_the_children_186.jpg
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Hung out with my brother tonight, no bath. What am I going to do?!?!?!?!
  • LivnMyDream
    Options
    should i be offended that you thing a woman menstrual and a dog mentrual are the same !?! Ru serious? maybe it s just late but hope you get your answer with out hurting the pooch
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    should i be offended that you thing a woman menstrual and a dog mentrual are the same !?! Ru serious? maybe it s just late but hope you get your answer with out hurting the pooch
    ovaltine.jpg

If I used my decoder ring correctly, and understand what you wrote... You're worried about me humping my dog? :noway:
  • LivnMyDream
    Options
    Im so glad u knew what to do bc i was trippin that women were being asked about a dogs menstruality :) But u gotta love "man's best friends" .!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Time to put her down....she had a good run!
    She's only like 15 months old! :cry:

THIS IS WHY I PUT "LADIES ONLY"!!! :angry:
    For the love of God do NOT take that person seriously and put your dog down!

(putting shot gun down) LOL. Nearly made me choke on my water. Ha Ha!
    Whoa! that was close. Thanks!

(putting down shotgun)