If I Ever Think of McDonalds Again . . .

Options
1235»

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm out of this thread. I'm on MFP for support, not to argue.
    I was voicing my opinion and now I feel attacked.
    Attacked? Folks are exchanging opinions and information. Sorry of the facts don't jive with the information you provided about the ingredient count. :flowerforyou:
    Ummm...no-apparently she feels attacked because someone posted a giant cheeseburger:
    Aren't we supposed to be here to support eachother? It seems like the only thing you like to do is comment on threads with negative comments. All these people trying to NOT be that over-weight person anymore, and you want to post a giant cheeseburger.. I get your humor, but you need to get off my back.
    Food is the ENEMY. :noway:
    Yeah, this happens every time there's a fast-food-demonizing thread. Folks that understand moderation and aren't afraid of a burger are shown the "but-there-are-people-that-will-run-out-and-binge-on-burgers-if-they-see-a-picture-of-a-burger-or-eve-the-word-burger" victim card. :huh:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    BLARF!
    Hey! We're eating here! :noway:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You guys crack me up xD I love how so many people hate all sorts of fast food. I gained all my weight from eating lettuce and grapes.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    You guys crack me up xD I love how so many people hate all sorts of fast food. I gained all my weight from eating lettuce and grapes.

That would be a lot of lettuce and grapes... I'd rather have a burger.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

Wow!! That must have been a lotta lettuce and grapes! :laugh:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

That would be a lot of lettuce and grapes... I'd rather have a burger.

Maybe she put the lettuce and grapes ON the burger? :huh:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    DAMMIT! The wife brought me Burger King, instead of McDonald's!

Actually, the Whopper with cheese and bacon was stellar.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    DAMMIT! The wife brought me Burger King, instead of McDonald's!

Actually, the Whopper with cheese and bacon was stellar.
    She's probably jealous and is sabotaging you. It's a trap!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    BK is better. Taste-wise, anyway. I used to be addicted to BK's original chicken sandwiches. :love: Haven't had one in a couple of years, but man...I may make that my "once-a-year-fast-food meal." :laugh:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    BK is better. Taste-wise, anyway. I used to be addicted to BK's original chicken sandwiches. :love: Haven't had one in a couple of years, but man...I may make that my "once-a-year-fast-food meal." :laugh:
    BK's onion rings always make my farts smell crazy wicked
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    McDonald's isn't even food. I wouldn't even feed it to my dogs if somebody paid me to.

Thanks for posting this! I wouldn't feed it to my dogs, either. Why have I eaten things that I wouldn't feed to my dogs??? This ad sure made me wonder what kind of chemicals and preservatives are in this food to make it last a whole year virtually unchanged. Scary!!! Very scary!!!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Ever notice how long dog food lasts?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    McDonald's isn't even food. I wouldn't even feed it to my dogs if somebody paid me to.

Thanks for posting this! I wouldn't feed it to my dogs, either. Why have I eaten things that I wouldn't feed to my dogs??? This ad sure made me wonder what kind of chemicals and preservatives are in this food to make it last a whole year virtually unchanged. Scary!!! Very scary!!!

The article was a piece of sensationalistic crap!!
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    you could leave a bun and french fry on a plate and come back a month later and it will still look the same but just cold and a hard bun. But there will be no mold or anything on it. UCK!!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    This old chestnut!

I've seen this experiment with McDonald's food over and over. Someone leaves a cheeseburger out for a year and it doesn't rot and people scream about how that means the food's bad in general.

If it doesn't rot isn't that a good thing?

I guess you're complaining about the preservatives, right? What's bad about them?
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I feel horrible for saying this..
    But I'd still eat McDonald's.
    I've seen that a few times of the past couple of years.
    It tastes good, it's cheap, & (as a ww user) only 10 points for a double cheese burger.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    you could leave a bun and french fry on a plate and come back a month later and it will still look the same but just cold and a hard bun. But there will be no mold or anything on it. UCK!!

Yeah, but that is true with any bun and french fry, not just McDonald's buns and french fries. Moisture has to be present for food to grow mold. Starches dry out very quickly. If you put a regular bun and french fry AND a McDonald's bun and french fry BOTH in a ziploc bag BOTH will grow mold at precisely the same rate. This article is completely ridiculous and was only written to condemn a successful restaurant chain. As I said previously in this thread, the only difference between McD's food and the stuff you make at home is some added sodium and fat and maybe some other additives. The food does not undergo some sort of chemical change that makes it stop being food.
  • jeepingirrl
    jeepingirrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do my best to try and stay away from fast food. I saw that a while back and it just grossed me out!
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    LOL I bet if you soaked it in water it would mold. That is just silly, not science. Don't be too gullible, people. Some of your own meals would do the same thing if you just left them out instead of putting them in the fridge where they get all nice and moist for the bacterias!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me hungry.

I'll take a 10 piece and a large fry.

Anyone?