best place to meet a guy?

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on MFP. I wasn't even looking for one at the time.
  • janessac
    Options
    Try libraries/bookstores ("I love that book! You should buy it {or} How far in are you?), sports bars during a (big) game (and lots of guys love girls that can just chill and watch a game and have a beer), gyms (preferably before you do a lot of cardio to get all sweaty lol, ask for him to spot you), grocery stores ("sorry to bother you, but can you help me grab _____ off the top shelf?") etc.

I met my current bf at school when we were studying and I needed 'help' reaching a book off the top shelf :laugh:
  • winesar21
    Options
    Try libraries/bookstores ("I love that book! You should buy it {or} How far in are you?), sports bars during a (big) game (and lots of guys love girls that can just chill and watch a game and have a beer), gyms (preferably before you do a lot of cardio to get all sweaty lol, ask for him to spot you), grocery stores ("sorry to bother you, but can you help me grab _____ off the top shelf?") etc.

I met my current bf at school when we were studying and I needed 'help' reaching a book off the top shelf :laugh:

That is a great way to spark a convo :laugh:
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options

That is a great way to spark a convo :laugh:

Not when you're 5'9" lol :laugh:
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh gotta go to comic book conventions or EB games!!!!! especially when they have those midnight release things! i hear they got like 200-300 guys there lined up!!! if u walked by they would be all over u like vultures on corps
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Me too, my ex bf who turned out to be an *kitten*, dumped me twice for another woman he just recently met! There's no other way to meet them than in social networking sites like facebook, at least for me because I don't go out a lot anymore & I'm through with all those bar-hopping days. Also there's not much to meet here where I am right now.
  • Persevere230
    Persevere230 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I find the best place to meet a guy is by not looking. Live life, have fun, then he will appear. The End.
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    West Hollywood.

:D
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    a seedy bar. I was at a club that I hated and a friend and myself decided to leave and she forced me to go out again to that bar. Then we met by the fire in the back and have been together ever since. I never thought I would meet a decent guy that way but, it happened. You have to get out there ! :)
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Playing online games :P
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    any bar, pick any one. you wont be able to throw a stone without hitting a p*n*s. Guys are everywhere and not many women to compete with.
  • bsalis76
    Options
    A dating website - as many have mentioned.

If you want to go old school, then any place that is predominantly frequented by men is good (eg. yes, such as pubs/clubs, but go to a good upmarket one).

Another tip is to have something to allow an easy opener for a conversation...
    * A pet dog = so what's his/her name?
    * Reading a book = So what are you reading? Anything good?
    * An outlandish hat. and/or purple dyed hair maybe (for the young girls though)
  • RedHotChiliSteppers
    Options
    I think generally anywhere. But the important thing is to just try to go out there and talk to someone. I know its a daunting task, but anytime a girl come to talk to me or interact it definitely gets my attention! :-p
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a karaoke bar- together over 12 years now. There are decent guys out at the bars, you just have to look past the 'players' to see them. :)
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Take some group dance classes; ballroom, country, swing, etc. You'll meet some amazing people in all age brackets and backgrounds. Sooo much better than the bar scene. It's a wonderful atmosphere. Everyone is there to have a great time, learn something fun and new and there's no pressure.
  • jpalimpsest
    Options
    okcupid.com
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ironically I met a pretty cool guy last night at 2AM in a taco place in the middle of Chicago's gay neighborhood. For the record, the guy is straight.
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I say try a dating website. I met my current boyfriend on there and he is such a nice guy.
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Met mine in church
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    OkCupid.com My friend also met her husband on the site. It rules. It's not like typical dating websites. It's for a more progressive crowd.