30 day shredders starting Monday?

Options

Replies

• LJ0508
    LJ0508 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've started 30DS so many times but never got pass the first week. I'll be starting tomorrow and have plans to stick through it no matter what. Feel free to add me, I would love to encourage others and receive the same.
  • tiffpip99
    tiffpip99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in as soon as I get it! I plan on doing the ripped in 30 days as well, but after I try this out.
  • juliemval
    juliemval Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So I'm really behind on this lol The last day I did was L1D4... I think I got a heel spur or something it hurt everytime I would put weight on my heel. I haven't been to the dr or anything just wrapped and iced it and tried to stay off of it. It feels better so I'm going to try this again tonight lol
  • CoachKristenSmith
    CoachKristenSmith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today i'll do L1D7. I took Friday off as I was just too busy to fit it in on a Friday night but it was good to rest a bit anyway. My legs were so sore but I powered through it and now I have no soreness. My endurance has improved a TON, just like Jillian said it would at day 5 or 6, so I am glad to have a few more days to really hit it hard then I am looking forward to starting level 2 on Friday and probably getting sore again and more challenging. I love this DVD, I can already feel a difference in how firm my muscles are. WOO HOO!
  • ManaMoo32
    Options
    I started it Friday. Right now im doing it mon, wens, fri, and sunday. and building up to doing it some sort of working out everyday. but its getting easier!
  • ShortInSeattle
    Options
    I started today. Thought it was challenging but do-able.
  • cupcakemama
    Options
    I planned on starting this today as well and wanted people to do it with!!! ADD ME!!! I'm going to go take my before picture, and I'll pop the DVD in as soon as I can get the little man to nap! I only want to lose 5lbs, but I really need to tone this body up for summer/wedding!!!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I only did level 1 for 5 days and then bumped it to level 2. After 1 day on level 2 I needed a rest day and wished I had lighter weights (using 5 lbs). but day 2 and 3 on level 2 haven't been as bad. I just got her yoga DVD and want to add that into the mix tomorrow! :-) Has anyone tried any of her other DVDs? I saw at Costco she has a bunch. Feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • Tamizzle_90
    Options
    I just started this the 15th of January (yesterday). So far I feel great!
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Just started today! Glad to have others doing the same thing. Lets stick with it!
  • kyates_87
    kyates_87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started today and i forgot how much i hated it..yet i feel great...ugh. mixed feelings.
    Question for you all..what do you put in for exercise on here. There's spots for cardio, and strength and a '30 day shred' option is not available
  • Robide
    Robide Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Question for all those doing 30 day shred...are you planning on only doing each level for 10 days or staying on each level until you have mastered it??? Feel free to add me!

I'm doing it for 10 days..... And based on how difficult I'm finding it, it will take me that long to be ready to step up!!
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Most people log it as circuit training. Or you can find out how many cals circuit traning burns for your size, then make your own exercise type of 30 Day Shred. Thats what Ive done
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im upto Day 6. Doing it Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat along with my C25k.

Finding its getting easier, just sore legs that need lots of stretching throughout the day. Will complete 10 days of each and I need to get some handweights- still using cans of corn :P
  • cupcakemama
    Options
    Getting ready to do D2L1 here in about 45 mins! I have to admit, my legs are a tad sore, and Im a tad nervous, and I don't concider myself out of shape lol. Just gotta keep PUSHING! I keep telling myself and it might help others as well...."Suck it up princess, if you would have done this months ago you wouldn't be where you're at now!" And I don't want to have to say the same thing in august when I'm getting married!
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Im upto Day 6. Doing it Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat along with my C25k.

Finding its getting easier, just sore legs that need lots of stretching throughout the day. Will complete 10 days of each and I need to get some handweights- still using cans of corn :P

I was using soup cans before. Today was my first day with weights and all I can say is WHAT a difference. I did little baby 3 lb weights out of fear I'd kick my own *kitten*. LOL.

But it's certainly a change!
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Question....

Do you still move on after 10 days even if you're still modifying the workout? I don't do a full push up nor do I do the buttkicks where I kick myself in the tush!
  • cupcakemama
    Options
    OMG D2L1 complete!!! going downstairs....pretty much SUCK!
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm loving 30 DS! I managed 5/7 days in my first week and so far I've managed 2/4 days in my 2nd week. It's starting to get slightly easier (only slightly!) and tonight I actually managed to do a fair but of it at 'Natalie's' level!
    I am also noticing a difference in my curves, my hips are slightly smaller and my 'apron' tummy is a bit smaller! Noticing this in the shower tonight has REALLY spurred me on to keep going!

The two things that I WILL NOT do so I don't become discouraged is:
    Weigh myself more than once a week- what the scale says on a daily basis will change based on water retention etc. to get a truer sense of weightless stick to the same day each week and roughly the same time if poss.
    Also I WILL NOT measure myself until the end of the 30 days. I know that if I measured now and the tape was unchanged I'd wanna give up!

So far I have lost 10 lb and can notice a difference in myself, not just my appearance but in my confidence too.
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Also I SUCK at the push ups and cannot even manage 'Anita's' level so I do my own version stood up leaning into the wall and pushing out and then back in.
    By doing this I don't feel like a failure on the first circuit!!