What do you eat when you're ravenous and only have 100 cals

Options

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I am never "ravenous" I make sure my protein and fiber intake reach their goals. That is what will keep you on track!
  • shortandfeisty
    Options
    I like chocolate mini rice cakes. At 60 calories for about 7 rice cakes it tides me through to the next meal without using up all my calories.

Bump! These are especially yummy with a little bit of peanut butter! You can get dried peanut butter that has a fraction of the calories of the regular stuff, just reconstitute with some water!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    A typical rule of thumb is to make sure you're getting adequate protein and fat. Those will help you feel satiated throughout the day. Your diary is closed, so it's hard to give targeted advice to you.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Anything high protien: Eggs, baby Bel cheeses etc. My body usually feels hungry like that if i've had too many carbs and not enugh protien in a day.
  • amcess721
    Options
    A whole bag of steamed broccoli - with a little dressing on it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs is 136 calories. I jsut brought some to work for a snack later! Protein always fills me up. Carbs usually make me hungry about an hour later..
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    So, you've got about 100cals left and you're feeling really hungry. I have a massive appetite most days and am always on the look out for low cal foods that make you feel really full.

One of my favourite ones is making up a packet of Paxo stuffing mix.

I'll grant ya it's not the most sophisticated of foods but at 60cals for 50g its a big bowl of sage and onioney goodness that stops me going back to the fridge for something else.
    It depends on what time it is.
    If I have blown all my calories by mid-day, screw it.
    I call today a "free day", eat and move on.

If it's 6pm, I might eat to maintenance and just buck up for tomorrow.
    And if it's 9pm or later, I choke down some cottage cheese with an apple and go over just a bit, then try to drink some water and go to sleep.

Again, it just depends.
    The thing I will NOT do is just not eat, starving myself to total failure, because what you are going through is a major trigger for a binge in my world.

I'd rather manage a controlled lapse than a full blown food orgy.

Good Luck!
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Protein for sure, an egg, a little slice of cheese, some cottage cheese....
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Honestly? If I'm that hungry nothing that is only 100 calories will work, so I exercise to get more calories. :)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hot mint or spearmint herbal tea with 1 Tbsp. Honey :happy: and then brush my teeth
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    It's unusual for me to be ravenous if I've nearly maxed out my calories for the day... sometimes that happens when I've done a late evening workout though. I just eat and don't really worry about the fact I might go over on calories. It seems to even out throughout the entire week, so I've started really looking at the larger weekly window of calories allowed instead of just focusing on one day.

But when I'm ravenous, aside from just eating whatever I can find (and this isn't bad for me, because we don't usually bring junk home from the store), I'll go for dense calorie rich foods like meat, cheese, nuts, eggs. Just seems more efficient.
  • Bubdog1
    Bubdog1 Posts: 72
    Options
    A cup of Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate. And, at only 25 calories, sometimes I have two!
  • KotyTyler
    KotyTyler Posts: 3,592 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate mini rice cakes. At 60 calories for about 7 rice cakes it tides me through to the next meal without using up all my calories.

Bump! These are especially yummy with a little bit of peanut butter! You can get dried peanut butter that has a fraction of the calories of the regular stuff, just reconstitute with some water!

I think you're talking about PB2. Good stuff!!
  • noiva
    noiva Posts: 94
    Options
    This happened to me last night...I scrambled an egg and put a little bit of goat cheese (1 tsp), salsa (2 TB), and sour cream (1 TB). It was really good and quick!
  • chrisandrews75
    chrisandrews75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If I've only got 100cals left and I'm that hungry I eat... 200cals or more :) It's not going to affect you long term goal.
  • jessashcher
    Options
    Like someone else said on here, if I get to that point I would do a bunch of exercises so I have earned more calories, therefore I can eat a little more. But if I don't then I usually scramble an egg in the microwave because it makes the egg more fluffy and it really seems like I am eating more.
  • malloryh2o
    malloryh2o Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I always find it helpful to drink as much water as humanly possible (0 cals and makes you feel full!) Then eat some fruit, if you need to (i like grapefruit with a teaspoon of sugar.) :)
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    check out this website for some great ideas of snack under 100 cals

http://www.greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories/
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I eat plain greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey and either fresh blueberries/raspberries or granola...depending on how many calories i have left.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, mini babybell, hard boiled egg, deli meat, salad, or soup (with lots of veggies & broth).

But honestly I would never let myself get ravenous - I would rather go over 100-200 calories
    or
    Workout and eat a proper meal