What do you eat when you're ravenous and only have 100 cals

Options

Replies

• hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    Honestly? If I'm that hungry nothing that is only 100 calories will work, so I exercise to get more calories. :)
    I agree with this!
  • KotyTyler
    KotyTyler Posts: 3,594 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello always works for me. You can always put a little cool whip or reddi whip on it for a nice sweet taste. Jello is super filling and super low cal if you get the right kind.

Second choice is Vitalicious has a new fudge cake that's 50 cal and tastes really fudgy. You can only get those on line though through Vitalicious.com but they're super yummy if you have a sweet tooth like me :-)
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Half of a Thomas Bagel Thin (55 cal) and 1 T. great value whipped cream cheese (35 cal). Not bad for 90 calories.
    A laughing cow or weight watchers cheese wedge with snack factory pretzel chips or wheat thins tomato basil crackers.
    3/4 cup of dry kashi berry blossom cereal....surprisingly filling
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    home made falafels
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    This happened to me last night...I scrambled an egg and put a little bit of goat cheese (1 tsp), salsa (2 TB), and sour cream (1 TB). It was really good and quick!

Good idea!
  • patsy1360
    patsy1360 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I tend to have loads o Sugar Free Jelly Pots (3cals per pot) Sweet and tasty. Also have Asda Crispbread (16 cals each). Eating them without anything on them, or just lettuce and tomato. Tasty & filling.:smile:
  • runnerbug
    Options
    Go for a brisk walk or run whatever you can manage (gives you more calories to eat) and have a nice bowl of home made vegetable soup when you get home!
  • kairsme
    kairsme Posts: 29
    Options
    I like the Quaker personal oatmeal packs, closer to 140 I think , but it really fills you up is hot and kind of desserty! Also when I have a few calories left I will drink a glass of diet soda with whatever my snack is, which helps me feel fuller until bedtime! Also I like to freeze various fruit: apple chunks, grapes, blueberries. Real easy substitute for those with sweet tooth! If you like salty, popcorn is good too, just make sure you measure out.
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    check out this website for some great ideas of snack under 100 cals

http://www.greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories/

^^ that list is awesome! thx for posting!
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    if it's mid-day, hummus and celery. if it's close to bedtime, a glass of milk then hurry to bed! :)
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!
    ^^^^^ Popcorn is great for those days you are very hungry and already close to your goal intake. Just a word of caution, I have noticed that if I have salted popcorn and weigh myself the next day I will have gained a few lbs. My guess is I'm just retaining water from all the salt.
  • duckychic
    duckychic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to do this all the time when I was on Weight Watchers a long time ago....

Take a can of diced tomatoes, add spices (garlic, Italian seasoning, basil, onion powder...whatever you like), add a tablespoon or two of reduced fat cream chesse and microwave it for 1 minute. Then stir and enjoy! It tastes like tomato soup but it is chunky and really fills you up.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    baked sweet potato with salt and chili powder.
  • jenniferpenguin
    jenniferpenguin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I steam up a big bowl of broccoli and add some teriyaki sauce! Very yummy, low calorie, and a health super food!
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    i'll eat an apple, or even better, lots of broccoli. :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies (think carrots, broccoli, celery) and a half portion of hummus. You can get away with a huge plate of veggies for really low cals.
  • anthroknc
    Options
    An 8 oz glass of 1% milk is 100 calories! If you drink it slowly, it fills you up sufficiently.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!

This^^, chocolate rice cake & 1/2 tbsp peanut butter 110 calories, or sugarfree jellow with whipped cream 30 calories a serving. Apple and little peanut butter is good too, 5 saltine crackers and hot tea sweetened with splenda 70 calories.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    microwave pop corn or cheerios (I am liking the new caramel flavor)
  • AllezCheryl45
    AllezCheryl45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking water when I feel really hungry; like 3-4 glasses. Sometimes it's your body telling you you're dehydrated but it expresses it by urging you to eat instead of drink. I'll still have a snack after the glasses of water, like an apple or cottage cheese with celery though. That combined with the water usually makes me feel full. I'm trying to train myself not to run to the refrigerator or cupboards every time I'm hungry, which is hard to do!!! Oh the mind games we have to play with our bodies!