Anyone crazy enough out there to take on a half-marathon?

Options

Replies

• zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    began training...........
  • zippo32
    Options
    Day 2 - 3 miles
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Yes! In fact, I'm signed up for 2 of them!! The first one is in May and the 2nd is in July. The one in May will be my very 1st half. I'm a 3-4 miles runner, so it's going to be a challenge...which is why I already started my training.
  • zippo32
    Options
    Day 3 - 3 mi
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Haven't signed up for an actual half marathon, but I've done a half-marathon around my neighborhood a couple of times.

The stares are priceless when the neighbors see me go on by for the 30-40th time, lol.
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    May 20th (also my b-day) Olympia, WA
  • sparky38351
    Options
    This is awsome! I am so glad I found this post! I am doing my first half marathon April 28 in Nashville...and I see several of you are doing the same! I will be following everyones progress!

I chose this half because it is for St. Jude. We recently had a local girl named Emma White lose her battle with Cancer in September and I am running in her memory for her family. I signed up to be a St Jude Hero and am trying to raise $2900 for St. Jude. This has been a huge motivator for me! I love a challenge!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Doing my first 1/2 Sept 2-Disneyland half.
    TO the person doing the Tinkerbell half-if you haven't properly trained, PLEASE be careful!
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Completed my first half September 4th (RnR Half in Virginia Beach) and my second is planed for February 19th =)
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    National Breast Cancer Marathon 1/2 in Jacksonville Beach FL. I've done it the last 3 years. Lots of fun and 1 mi of the half (2 of the full) is on the beach for something different.
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    hi!!! i'm currently training for my very first Half .... Feb. 19th (my birthday!!). Saturday's are my long run days and i'm up to 7.5 miles.
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    National Breast Cancer Marathon 1/2 in Jacksonville Beach FL. I've done it the last 3 years. Lots of fun and 1 mi of the half (2 of the full) is on the beach for something different.

I wish I could run that one =( But i signed up for one in Gainesville for the following weekend I dont think I can do two with only a week in between...maybe next year I can do the Breast Cancer half In Jax =)
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Im doing a half, but it's not a traditional run... Just signed up for the tough muddier in June... :)
    I did my first 5K last year, did the warrior dash in whistler & I'm doing my first 10k in a few weeks.
  • sparky38351
    Options
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do a half marathon at Disney one day, it just sounds like a blast!
  • zippo32
    Options
    Staying on track......................How you doin'?
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the TInkerbell half on the 29th! :-) Just hope I can actually finish it since I've not really trained for it...
    I'm doing the Tinkerbell too! When you say "not really trained" what do you mean? They give you 3.5 hours to complete (which is roughly a 16:30/minute pace) I've also ready they're pretty strict about this time and sweep runners/walkers along the way.

Please be care and not to injure yourself -- don't push too hard.
  • sparky38351
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start a page/blog on facebook to chronicle my first half marathon for St. Jude (dedicated to Emma who lost her battle last September at the age of 4) anyone like to follow along?
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My son has Crohn's Disease. He was diagnosed at 8 but started suffering from the symptoms of Crohn's at 3. Because of the nature of his disease it was hard to diagnose since the disease was mostly in the small intestine and that can not be reached in a colonoscopy/ endoscopy. He has been hospitalized, had numerous tests done and surgery. It has been debilitating to him and has impacted his quality of life. The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America is a wonderful organization that funds most of the research done for this disease. If you'd like to do a half marathon or even a full marathon for a good cause check them out http://www.ccteamchallenge.org/ They will train you and if you raise enough funds will even pay for your trip to a marathon. This year they are doing one in Hawaii. I hope you don't mind I posted the link here but this is near and dear to my heart as we have almost lost him due to his Crohn's it was that severe.
  • sparky38351
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story :)
  • zippo32
    Options
    Long run weekend........................how ya'll doin??