Oatmeal

Options

Replies

• BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love steel cut oats cooked with Almond Milk. Chopped apples and white raisins is my favorite right now. I also like bananas, blueberries, strawberries. I always add in some nuts, too; walnuts or pecans.

The steel cut oats keeps me full for hours! When I eat the packaged oatmeal, I'm usually hungry a lot sooner.
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    fresh fruits, garnola, raisin.
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    I cook steel oats (apparently the non-processed oats are the best for milk supply) and I put 2tbs of brown sugar. When I am feeling a little risky I will add some chopped pecans or bananas some days.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I put 1tbs of brummel & brown, and 1/2 serving of careys light syrup.
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin puree, spices and a little Splenda. Yum!
  • ShaunaD81
    ShaunaD81 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use 1 tsp agave nectar, some unsweetened almond milk, a couple sprays of I can't believe it's not butter, fresh fruit (blackberries are my favorite!), and sometimes chopped nuts.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Been trying out different flavourings for my porridge. I make it from scratch and so far have tried

1. Lyles gold syrup (family fav)
    2. Honey
    3. Cinnamon & brown sugar (and chopped apple sometime) - probably my go to choice
    4. Expresso (half a shot) - obviously need to make your porridge with milk
    5. Maple syrup
    6. Chai tea latte mix (lovely)

Planning to try banana, raspberry & sugar mashed and swirled in the porridge, nuttella, and peanut butter. I reckon you could try almost anything with porridge (there is a top British chef that makes snail porridge - yuck).
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    Maple syrup for me. Less calories than honey.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Maple syrup for me. Less calories than honey.
    [/quote]

Hey, I forgot about that...I used to eat it with light 'pancake and waffle syrup' it was good. Thanks for reminding me! :)
  • nursy911
    Options
    I put Splenda sweetener in my oatmeal and it's actually pretty good! :happy:
  • frances22357
    Options
    Grape nuts
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    pumpkin (from a can- not the pie filling), milk (almond milk for low-cal sweet & creamy), spices and a bit of stevia. So yummy! I think I need to make oatmeal tomorrow...

some great ideas here!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Silk Almond milk and ground flaxseed... you won't be disappointed :)
  • mdollian
    mdollian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BUMP !!
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Kath's Tribute to Oatmeal: You will NOT be sorry I shared this great site :love:

http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal
  • Trudicoke
    Options
    We really like rasins in our oatmeal plus it's added ruffage. Bananas are really good in cooked oatmeal too. Almost any fresh fruit cooked in oatmeal is real good. I don't like oatmeal, but the added fruit makes it taste so much better. A little brown sugar, cream ,
    and a little margarine on top helps too.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i usually put a scoop of protien powder and a banana in mine. you can add nuts, cinnamon, PB2 or peanut butter
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    ^^^^BUMP^^^^
  • osorio1
    osorio1 Posts: 63
    Options
    I usually add a scoop of chocolate protein powder to miine... It give it a lflavor and your getting a nice amount of protein as well :)
  • sandyt627
    Options
    Peanut butter in oatmeal?!? YUM. I like 1/4 grated or diced apple, cinnamon, and 2 tsp brown sugar. That's what I eat mostly, but you could also use banana, walnuts, or raisins (high in sugar and cals though). I use the old fashioned oats so they take a couple minutes, but the less processed the better. I'm also nursing, so it helps my milk supply.