Ex problems

Options
CallmeSbo
CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
My ex is coming over on Friday to pick up her stuff. Is it rude if im not there when she comes? I ll leave the key for her, so she can come in and out as she pleases. I just dont wanna see her. I guess it still hurt really bad. Its been 3weeks since i got dumped.

Replies

• Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    You mean she still has stuff to pick up? I usually burn anything left behind. :devil:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    NO it's not rude. I still have some stuff over at my place from my ex and although I don't hate him nor am I hurt by him, I have no interest in seeing him so whenever he comes to pick it up, I will be out of town. :smile:
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    NO it's not rude. I still have some stuff over at my place from my ex and although I don't hate him nor am I hurt by him, I have no interest in seeing him so whenever he comes to pick it up, I will be out of town. :smile:

Visiting me in NH haha
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    My ex is coming over on Friday to pick up her stuff. Is it rude if im not there when she comes? I ll leave the key for her, so she can come in and out as she pleases. I just dont wanna see her. I guess it still hurt really bad. Its been 3weeks since i got dumped.

Is she trust worthy?

I wouldnt leave an open apartment to my ex.....

But i guess if you trust her than bounce....I wouldnt want to see my ex.

If it was me I would gather their things put in a box and put it outside.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd want to be there...not for some tearful confrontation, but to make sure she didn't take anything that wasn't hers. That or I'd leave her stuff in a box on the porch. No way in hell I'd give the ex a key to my place.

Edit: Post above beat me to it. lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options

Is she trust worthy?

This. She dumped you, then she should have taken her stuff when she left.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Is she trust worthy?

I agree with the box outside idea. I stayed friends with my ex, but I wouldn't even let him into my house anymore without me being there.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Visiting me in NH haha

I WISH!!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    See this...

myexboyfriendscloset.com

Mind you this site was blocked at my work. No idea what's on it, but it came up when searching for revenge and girlfriend.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Not rude at all. She may be hoping that you won't be there, also. If you trust her not to ransack, I'd leave the key or leave the door unlocked.
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Mail it to her.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You know this is the main reason they make curbs next to the street right? LOL!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I personally would want to be there to make sure she only takes HER things and nothing else. To help keep that to a minimum, collect and box her things for her, so she cannot tromp around your place being a nuisance.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about being rude. If you don't want to see her, you shouldn't have to.
  • sherman76
    sherman76 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd want to be there...not for some tearful confrontation, but to make sure she didn't take anything that wasn't hers. That or I'd leave her stuff in a box on the porch. No way in hell I'd give the ex a key to my place.

I like this option
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options

Or... have a friend be there while she gets her items - but I would be there no matter the pain (I just had friends or family there 'visiting' while it was happening).
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't know if these are still around, but I've heard of websites where you can see your ex's stuff, heh.

Also, I agree with the box on the porch thing. Tell her that it's nothing against her, but that you can't be there (don't tell her that you don't want to be there) and you don't think it wise to just let her have free reign in your house.
  • Jyster
    Jyster Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    See this...

myexboyfriendscloset.com

Mind you this site was blocked at my work. No idea what's on it, but it came up when searching for revenge and girlfriend.

I checked out the site and it is still under construction. whew, was worried I'd see some of my stuff there.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    MAN UP
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I believe m boyfriend made this mistake, because he now misses certain movies etc from his place because his ex's took them when he wasn't around.

I say put all of her stuff in a box and leave it outside the door for her. She doesn't need to step foot in your place without supervision regardless of it you trust her or not. There will always be that what if.