skinnytaste.com -

Options
simpson_christy
simpson_christy Posts: 4 Member
A friend shared this website with me and the recipes sound delicious and are perfect for us dieters!! I can't wait to try the Chicken Enchilada Soup or the Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken. Anyone else used recipes from this site and if so, what are your favs and those to stay away from?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. It is a great site. :flowerforyou:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Just tried the Baked Potato Soup this weekend and loved it! Another favorite is Angel Hair with Shrimp and Tomato Sauce.
  • acrue21
    acrue21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love this website! I like the healthy bake chicken nuggets, and the pumpkin chili is amazing!!
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I tried the Chicken Taco Chili, amazing
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I made the Asian glazed drumsticks the other night and they were AMAZING! My husband doesn't even like drumsticks but he was licking the bones! HA!

I paired the drumsticks with steamed cauliflower and white rice.

I have also heard great things about the chicken divan - I have to try that one soon!
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Over New Year's, I made the Coconut Shrimp with the Apricot Dipping Sauce, there is no better recipe! You just roll them in the coconut, throw them in the oven, and they are the best! Highly recommend them!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention skinnytaste,

As I write this I am eating Thai Green Curry Coconut Shrimp from that site. I freaking LOVE her recipes!! Last week I made her skinny baked broccoli macaroni and cheese and her spicy shrimp fried rice. Everything I have tried from her site has been amazing.

Later this week I am going to make spinach stuffed shells with meat sauce (except without the meat) and Spaghetti squash lasagna.

I highly recommend all her food!!

I also find because the food is so flavorful, you are satisfied by less than what you normally would eat.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Everything I have made from there has turned out great. My favorites so far:

Picadillo
    Zesty Lime Shrimp Avocado Salad
    Lentil and Chicken soup - made last night and it was PHENOMENAL
    Edamame Hummus
    Skinny Italian Spinach Meatballs
  • KayyyOhhh
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • StephanieHolloway
    Options
    Oh yes, I have loved this website ever since I found it!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My friend made the Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella and the white chicken chili. She said they were both excellent. I have yet to try either because I am the only one in my family that will eat Zucchini or chicken chili :(
  • hmiddleton17
    Options
    Sante Fe Crock Pot was YUMM-O!!!!! But my favorite so far BY FAR is the Crock Pot Asian Pork with Mushrooms!! Absolutely AMAZING!!!! I served it over rice noodles! I have never cooked with them before. I thought they were a little bit smelly after cooking them, but once I mixed it all together, it was fabulous!!! Even my kids and hubby loved it!!! This recipe will for sure be a staple at my house!!! I have many more recipes to try from there!!! Great resource!!!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I've made a few things from the site and so far it has all been delicious. I modify some of the recipes to make them vegetarian. The Whole Wheat Pancakes are something we have frequently, so good. I also love the mini broccoli and cheese omelets. I've made the crockpot chicken taco chili minus the chicken and it was delicious! Her pumpkin roll is awesome and my boyfriend made the petite turkey meatloaves once and said they were great.
  • Kim28dav
    Options
    I made the cabbage casserole, delish!!! And the Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, very good. I'm excited to try more!!!!
  • mblanchard0625
    mblanchard0625 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Asian peanut noodles - YUMYUM! - want some now!
    Baked Mac n Cheese - YUM
    Chicken and Leaks - Pretty tasty
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    One of my absolute FAVORITE sites!

What I've tried:

Sesame encrusted baked chicken tenders - OMG, talk about DELISH. I think my bf and I ate way more than 1 servings worth. The ingredients are a bit pricey though. The sesame oil was $8 at my grocery store and the sesame seeds are about $5. Definitely worth it though, just be prepared to spend a little more on dinner than usual :)

Chicken Sausage Brown Rice Stuffing with Celery and Mushrooms - I can't say enough good things about this one. It was very tasty. I made it with the turkey sausage the first time...the second time, I just baked some chicken and shredded it instead. I preferred the chicken option instead.

Spaghetti squash with meat sauce - extra yum. Healthy and delish!

Pineapple bliss cupcakes - I thought they were very yummy. My bf and his son did not like the consistency of the pineapple though. Also, if you don't eat them pretty quickly (in about 2 days), the cupcakes turn soggy b/c of the pineapple.

I can't wait to make the new bacon wrapped chicken she posted today! Ohhh, and the mashed cauliflower sounds good!

Let us know what you make and how it turns out :)
  • CharmCityBella
    CharmCityBella Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try out this site. Thanks for the post!
  • happybrooke
    Options
    I am going to check that out RIGHT NOW!! Everything you guys have posted sounds delicios!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE the website! I frequently get requests for the Sicilian Rice Ball Casserole and the Skinny Baked Ziti. But we've tried so many things on the website. Last night my sister and I made the chocolate chip buttermilk scones. Let's just say that we now have to make more because half of them disappeared. :P
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite websites ever! Love it. Her No-Bake Cheesecake is great. One of the things I've wanted to try from there for SO long is the Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana. I haven't tried it yet because I keep thinking I'll mess it up! Haha