June Shredders - Week 1!!!!

Options
G'morning Shredders!!! I think I am the first one on, so I decided to make a new thread, I hope that's ok! I haven't done my measurements yet, but I weighed myself, I'm 3 lbs lighter since Fri, so that's nice anyway haha. I'm gonna do the workout then do my measurements cause I gotta find the measuring tape. Goodluck to everyone! Let's start this month out rockin'!

~Ari :drinker:

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I just did my workout and WOW is that intense!!!! I feel great though!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This is for the 30 day shred right?
    I'd love to join - just did my first workout last night!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I haven't done my measurements yet either. I did the workout a few times last week, but am starting over with today as day 1. I'll post back later, but wanted to mark this, so I don't lose it.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    Good Good Good! I just got up I need to get my kids out the door for school and get my littlest down for a nap later and that's when i like to workout. I'm glade you started a thread for this. I was just htinking the same thing, we need a thread. There are a lot of people that want to take part in this so I can't wait to see all that join. Anyway does anyone no how to make a graph or something to track our progress? Just for weight? I know when I was doing the blue team biggest loser we had a chart for all our weight lose and it was pretty cool to see.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Good morning Shredders!!! :happy: :tongue: I got up this morning (yeah me!!!:bigsmile: ) and did day 1. I forgot to take my measurements, but I did get on the scale.

My SW is 250.6
    My GW is 245 (I know that's a bit conservative, but that's okay).

The workout was INTENSE!!!! I made it through without pausing it, but I couldn't do the "real" push ups. I had to do them on the arm of the couch:blushing: , but doing it that way I made it through all of the push ups. Nothing's hurting right now except my feet (plantar's falcitis), but that's to be expected. I'm goin to take some meds now to break the pain.

Good luck to all and Good job on getting day 1 down!!! :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning shredders, i have not done my workout or anything yet today... but i will get to it later on ..
    good luck
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get started! The Wal-Mart I went to last night didn't have any exercise DVDs, but after I take DD to Gymboree this afternoon I'm going to another Wal-Mart to see if I can find it. I'll post again tonight after I'm done with the workout.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    HELLO JUNE SHREDDERS~~~!!!

I thought I was going to start the thread but HERE WE GO!! someone beat me to it :bigsmile:

As we mentioned in the other thread WE WILL BE Weighing in on MONDAYS....and we are measuring DAY 1....DAY 15...and DAY 30!!!

I just finished the SHRED and it felt goooood Gotta loove that burn in the A.M :drinker:

MY SW: 171
    MY GW in 30 days: 160

Neck:13.8
    arms: L12.3 - R11.8
    chest:39.5
    ribs:36
    tummy at belly button:40.2
    Bum:42
    Hips: 41

Good luck to you all!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THE GROUP WANTS ME TO KEEP TRACK OF OUR NUMBERS!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • aprilann
    Options
    I was wondering anyone in this June shredders group here of a 10 minute trainer? It was created by Tony Horton the creator of P90X. I downloaded it and I think it will prove to be very benefical. I was wondering what else do you all plan on doing, if anything, besides the shred?
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was wondering anyone in this June shredders group here of a 10 minute trainer? It was created by Tony Horton the creator of P90X. I downloaded it and I think it will prove to be very benefical. I was wondering what else do you all plan on doing, if anything, besides the shred?

I'm also going to be doing StrollerFit classes 3x per week and walking about a mile a day. Just trying to get more active in general!

Question for others though. How are you entering the Shred workouts into MFP? I'm really new to this, and still trying to figure it all out!
  • aprilann
    Options
    I guess if you log it here go to circuit training because that is what it is essentially. So navy mom where are you from? Or where are you stationed is it you our your husband in the navy?
  • jagilmore
    jagilmore Posts: 21
    Options
    I weighed today and it was 182.5

I measured on Saturday.
    Waist at belly button:42
    Bust: 43.5
    Right Arm: 14.75
    Right Thigh: 26
    Hip: 44.75

I'm doing my workout tonight! Can't wait. I also think it'd be great if Vans kept up with our numbers.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Vans: I would appreciate if you kept up with the numbers for everyone. THat's very nice of you!!!

NavyMom: YOu asked the same question that I have; how do we log this in MFP?? Are you calling it aerobics or strength training??

Aprilann: I have heard of the 10min trainer and it looks AWESOME!! I have heard great things about it. I like tony horton's power 90 series. I have a generic 10 min bootcamp dvd that I will try to pop in when I can. But likely in addition to shred I'll be doing yoga/pilates and riding my bike.
  • jagilmore
    Options
    I weighed today and it was 182.5

I measured on Saturday.
    Waist at belly button:42
    Bust: 43.5
    Right Arm: 14.75
    Right Thigh: 26
    Hip: 44.75

I'm doing my workout tonight! Can't wait. I also think it'd be great if Vans kept up with our numbers.

Ribs: 36
    Neck: 13.5
    I forgot those two!
  • aprilann
    Options
    well I weighed in 149. that's not to bad. I'm going to try and make a chart so we can weigh in once a week and then we can all see ours and each others progress. I'm going to try that is I can't say for sure I'll get it.
  • jagilmore
    Options
    Thanks a bunch Aprilann. I know that Vans had a few plans for us so you might want to get with her about the chart thing. She's the one coordinating this. It might make it easier if only one person is starting our Monday threads and tracking our numbers!

I'm so excited to do this!!

Good luck all!
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I feel like this group is going to be so big! I haven't shredded yet today (I'm a nighttime shredder) so here's all my stats (and how i got them, cuz i know i had a hard time knowing where/how to measure):

Starting Weight: 155
    (goal weight 140-something!)

Chest: 35 (right across the girls)
    Waist: 29 (thinnest point ~1" above belly button)
    Hips: 39 (taken with feet hip width apart)
    Thigh: 23 (taken with all weight that leg)
    Calf: 15.5 (taken at widest point)
    Upper Arm: 12 (taken at widest point)
    Wrist: 6 (taken at skinniest point)
    Neck: 12 (midway point)

I log it as circuit training. 20 minutes gives 183 calories burned. I read some older posts and people with HRMs were saying they get between 170 and 220 calories burned, so i feel pretty good with that.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Ok, here are my starting stats:

Weight: 143 lbs

Waist 32.5
    Hips 37.5
    Thighs 24.5
    Arms 11.5
    Calf 16.0

I'm doing the 30 Day Shred with P90X ... in place of Cardio X because I'm scheduled to do it 4x per week and I've already been doing it 3x per week for the past month. So yeah, need a change but looking forward to getting to know new people and such.
  • Vans
    Options
    Vans: I would appreciate if you kept up with the numbers for everyone. THat's very nice of you!!!

NavyMom: YOu asked the same question that I have; how do we log this in MFP?? Are you calling it aerobics or strength training??

Aprilann: I have heard of the 10min trainer and it looks AWESOME!! I have heard great things about it. I like tony horton's power 90 series. I have a generic 10 min bootcamp dvd that I will try to pop in when I can. But likely in addition to shred I'll be doing yoga/pilates and riding my bike.

HEY HEY...... For those of you who want me to track all our numbers could you send me a private message so that I don't have to go through this whole thread trying to figure out everyone's info!??I hope thats not too much to ask for :bigsmile:

also the way I enter the 30 day Shred is I use my heart rate monitor and then put it in as interval training. As I stated before I am 5'3 and 171 IBS for the 22 min of Shredding it is usually 230-260 cals!!
  • Vans
    Options
    Thanks a bunch Aprilann. I know that Vans had a few plans for us so you might want to get with her about the chart thing. She's the one coordinating this. It might make it easier if only one person is starting our Monday threads and tracking our numbers!

I'm so excited to do this!!

Good luck all!

I totally agree about the charting....it would be information glut if we had more then one person keeping track....I am getting SO Excited JUNE SHREDDERS:bigsmile: having this group will help me actuly complete 1 month of the SHRED!! WOO HOO lol :bigsmile: :drinker: :smile: