5' 8" Whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• ladykhashoggi
    Options
    I am 5'8 and my goal just now is 160. I plan to lose more but that is my target atm. :)
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    Im 56 so my goal weight is 155-160..a few years ago I went down to 147 and was too thin and looked sickly! I became boney!!! I guess it depends where you are comphy with!!:bigsmile:
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi -

I would love to friend everyone on this thread! I am 5' 7.5" inches with a small frame - I think the goal weight depends on your bone structure. It's so great to be on the tall side because I noticed the taller we are, the more even we can carry our weight distribution.

My goal weight is 130 - that is 30 lbs from where I am. That's about a size 7-8 ish? (on me - maybe even a big 6).

The bone structure guide says if you can wrap your fingers around your wrist and

they don't touch, you have a larger bone structure - if they just touch you have a medium bone structure - if they overlap by a whole fingernail you have a small bone structure.

Try it - it may determine your goal weight :) Good luck and keep up the good work!!

Hi there -

I'll friend you! I too am 5' 7.5". Thanks for the frame test: I am medium on my left wrist and large on my right so I'm going with medium large. I am 167 now and want to be 132 - I think. But I'll reassess in the 140s and see what I think. Mostly, I just want to be very fit, strong, have lots of energy AND be light on my feet for consistent agility. I am getting there now with the first three but need to lose weight for the light on the feet part. I am 48 years old btw.
  • kerry0521
    kerry0521 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7". When I lost most of my weight about 5 years ago, I set my goal at 150, because that was a weight I had been before and knew it was maintainable for me. When I got to 150, I increased my calories, but continued to make healthy choices. Over the next year I slowly dropped about 8 pounds down to 142. I settled in at 142 for quite awhile, with one challenge when I gained weight due to injury, but I lost that finally. I am thinking now that my new body might be comfortable at 135...so I am aiming for that but it might take me a long time to get there.

I have another friend the same height who works out with weights a lot...at 140 she is tinier than I, I have another friend who at the same height and 140 is much "fluffier" than I, but she doesn't work out with weights at all.

So all that sad, what has worked for me is to allow my body to find a weight I am comfortable maintaining. And that does not happen over night. Exercise and weight train on top of making good food choices and your efforts will be rewarded. Don't try to change over night. Make this a lifestyle change.
  • Seemless
    Options
    I'm 5'8" starting weight 244 trying to get to 165-170ish.
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my GW is also 116, to defend the other girl who said the same thing remember it has EVERYTHING to do with frame size, fat/muscle distribution, and feeling HEALTHY, not numbers. I happen to be relatively curvy and not at all too thin at 122 still, so at 116 I'd only be slim (and hopefully toned!) not "anorexic/sickly skinny". Some people just have much bigger or much smaller frames that bmi doesn't take into account.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have what one might refer to as a "large build" and I once got down to 140 and looked super sickly. My goal is now 160, where I felt most comfortable with my weight. Also, I am 5'9" and some change.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i am 5 8... currently at 131 ... my goal weight is 125.... which is perfect for me...:happy:
  • ogosun
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my GW is also 116, to defend the other girl who said the same thing remember it has EVERYTHING to do with frame size, fat/muscle distribution, and feeling HEALTHY, not numbers. I happen to be relatively curvy and not at all too thin at 122 still, so at 116 I'd only be slim (and hopefully toned!) not "anorexic/sickly skinny". Some people just have much bigger or much smaller frames that bmi doesn't take into account.

that is so so true... glad someone is on the ball with this one....small framed myself.... i so look off being bigger... and i don't feel healthy or well when i am bigger... My BMI is normal for my height... don't you just love the way the clothes fit when you feel your at your perfect weight.... ::)) Its pretty hot...
  • ogosun
    Options
    Age plays into it too, I think! I'm 47 years old and just over 5'8" with a goal weight of 155.

In my teens, 20s and 30s, I was 131. After having 2 kids, I was happy at 145 or 150. Now, in menapause, my weight has climbed up to 170 so I am shooting for 155. And I find, that if I work out regularly and eat right, that 155 is solid muscle and I am very happy at that weight in a large size 8 or a small size 10. (Now I'm a large size 12)

NOT TRUE... SORRY BUT AGE DOESN'T NOT APPLY TO IT... you look way older when your bigger no matter what age you are currently.... so who ever told you that is not telling you the truth of the matter....
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 182, my heaviest was 195.

My lowest adult weight has been 165 so I'm aiming for 160 in the short term, and I'll see what my UGW ends up being once I get there.
  • Shannie180
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 203 lbs; and my heaviest was 228 lbs.
    My UGW is 120 lbs

:smile:
  • Savagegirlt
    Options
    I am 5'7" and a little ;) I am currently 180 and my goal is 145. I want to get to my pre-baby weight (about 8 years ago). I've had 3 kids and with each, gained, lost and hung out at 165 for loooong time, then slowly gained to where I am now :( It is ALL my fault and need to be serious about my health and fitness. Please feel free to add me, I could use some more 'friends' to help motivate me and keep me accountable.
  • barefootmom2
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is to be 130. I have a long way to go. If I held any weight in my legs and butt it'd probably be 140
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    155/160 lbs.
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    I am 5'8" and my current goal is 150. I am happy at 160 though.
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    5ft 7 and goal weight 150 which will make me look just about right even if it's a little on the "big" side of the scale!
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 298, I would like to be around 180.
  • MrsCheddies
    Options
    161. I got to 150 once and looked terrible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!