Moms and bathing suits???

Options
I am curious about other moms opinions. I am a 37 year old (almost 38) mom of two (ages 7 and 10). I am finally at my goal weight (120lbs, 5'3.5") and now working on toning up.

I would love to wear a bikini this year but not sure if I am too old...thoughts? I have always worn a tankini with a skirt so at the least this year I would love to wear my tankini top with a regular bathing suit bottom (no skirts this year!)

Is their an age where you are just too old to wear a bikini?

Replies

• Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Where a bikini you worked hard for the body you have show it off. I am sure there is an age where you should not wear a bikini anymore but I do not think that age is 37. So have fun.
  • evinson12
    evinson12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 39, mom of two and I wear one, have always worn one and will continue to wear one ...or at least until it doesn't look good anymore. Now with that said I wear a modest cut one...but it's still a bikini!
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wear the bikini! If you look good and feel good, wear it! And congratulations on reaching your goal weight! :bigsmile:
  • danak1229
    danak1229 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go for it! You've worked hard to reach your goal. I do agree with the other moms...just make sure its a modest one! :)
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Go girl -- I think it's even more impressive when I see someone my age able to wear a bikini (and look good in it).

You worked hard for it - show it off!!
  • elder4
    elder4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Strut your stuff. You worked hard and should show off your hard work!!! Congratulations!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Heck no! Wear that bikini and flaunt it :happy:
  • TheSarahHill
    Options
    Get the bikini on lady!!!!
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I guess I am old fashioned plus trying to teach my children modesty. Yes, it is wonderful that you have a great body and yes you should show it off- but this is my view only so don't get offended, but I think your husband should be the only guy seeing you like that. As I tell my children "remember the "other" guys are looking too". I believe we as women are more beautiful with clothes on and a nice tankini or a one piece would really show off your beauty and the shape of your body and your strength. That is my two cents worth,.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is an age limit for bikini's. I prefer one-pieces or tankinis myself, but if you've got it flaunt it. Helen Miren looked pretty amazing in a bikini, and she's in her 60's.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If your comfortabel in it--wear it. You earned that body no matter what age you are. Wear it like it a badge of honor--because it is!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im 34 and still wear pig tales and black lipstick,wear what you want its your body your life
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    If you are comfortable with a bikini, honey wear it! As for your kids I believe its all about what you teach them show them that a woman can wear a bikini and still deserves respect. I have two teens and am not at my goal weight yet but cant wait!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wear it!

I don't think there's necessarily an AGE when you're too old. And if there is, you'll know when you get there.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    <
    I'm a mom to a 15 year old, I'm 37, AND I'm totally rockin' this bikini. So I say, go for it!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    35 year old mom to 2 kiddos and haven't worn a one piece yet......
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Im 34 and still wear pig tales and black lipstick,wear what you want its your body your life

LOVE THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i dont think it matters , u worked hard for it and i see no reason not too. If celebs can why not us ordinary people lmao
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Age doesn't have anything to do with wearing a bikini. If you have put in the work to have a good body you deserve to show it off.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I am almost 42 & this past summer, after losing over 50 lbs, I wore a bikini. I don't think I have ever worn a bikini in my life. :noway: :noway: :noway: I was so self-conscious, but I think it was because of my "Farmers Tan" from biking & running clothes & how stupid it looked. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This white belly hadn't seen sunlight in a looooong time. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

My 12 year old daughter thought it was awesome that I wore it on the beach...my hubby thought it was awesome when the college boys were honking & whistling. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I am working my butt off so that I can really ROCK a bikini this year. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: