Replies

• dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you
    So nice of you to notice
    Ive decided it was time to do something for me
    Ive been working my tushy off
    So ...how does my butt look? (ok..this one was just for giggles)

As for the poster that was belittling spelling, WTH. We are here to support and encourage each other. Nitpicking and people putting us down is a large problem to many with weight issues. Like many of our mommas and grandmas said "If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all"
  • ohsogoodfitness
    Options
    A few thoughts...

First, when one is large they don't get compliments...not on their largeness. And so to be used to compliments about your body is new.

Second, I agree with others. Not accepting a compliment whole heartedly...is denying yourself....It's like saying well I sort of lost weight.... Sort of just doesn't measure up to what you have done and what you plan to do.

Third, you will have many more comments made about your body. And get ready....it will be up an down. some will say they wish they could be like you, and that it's easy for you...this negates all you have done...it's not really a compliment, it's a justification for their own life. They will say you look great. A few will ask for your help. And this part I dislike a lot. But this exists in everything!! Opposition. Some will tell you you are too thin. There are several reasons for this, and not one of them matters regarding your health and fitness. It will however matter regarding whom you choose to spend your time with. :)

Love and give yourself permission to say, I'm doing it!!!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I just say "I'm sexy and I know it"......... ha!

It was really hard for me to learn how to respond too. I found that people tend to not continue to mention your progress if you always have a negative for the compliment. Example: "You look like you might blow away in a strong wind" If you just say "thanks for noticing, I have been working really hard" rather than "Thanks, but I still need to lose 30 lbs to even be normal" or "It would take a tornado" they will be more likely to keep telling you when they see a difference. It helps me stay motivated. But just a "thank you" is good. I like when people notice a difference. I had someone say something similar to me at 187 lbs, but I was so much smaller that in comparison, a stiff breeze could have taken me out. (In the sense that I was half the person I was before) I knew it would take more than a stiff breeze, but the sentiment nearly blew me away.......
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    What is your problem today. Decided you are going to be an *kitten* today.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Say "I know"
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I get embarrased and usually say something stupid. I try to remember to get a thank you in there but it is not something I am used to so it always takes me by surprise.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm not good at it, but I have learned to say "Thank You".