skinnytaste.com -

Options

Replies

• GCNerd
    GCNerd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    One of my absolute FAVORITE sites!

What I've tried:

Sesame encrusted baked chicken tenders - OMG, talk about DELISH. I think my bf and I ate way more than 1 servings worth. The ingredients are a bit pricey though. The sesame oil was $8 at my grocery store and the sesame seeds are about $5. Definitely worth it though, just be prepared to spend a little more on dinner than usual :)

I made these last night and found they were tasty, but a bit salty. Were they salty to you?

I've also made the asian style meatballs with lime sesame dressing. AMAZING!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've made the healthy nuggets and chicken rollatini with mozzarella and zucchini. Soooo good! also the blue cheese dressing was amazing and so low in cals!
  • Lauren_Q_Bunch
    Options
    i am really excited to try this now. i have found that i tend to stick with all my frozen meals because they are easy for me and they are filling but not crazy in calories. hopefully the boyfriend and roommate will like them too so i'm not just cooking for myself!!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    TURKEY TACO CHILI SOUP
    MAKE IT. IT WILL LAST YOU A WEEK!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I made the Chicken Enchillada Soup this weekend and it is delish. I am totally going to try the no bake cheesecake!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I made the Quinoa "Fried Rice" and the Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken this past weekend. Both were very good - the Asian Peanut Noodles were *awesome*!! Just had some for lunch today and I'm still in love - tastes just like Pad Thai from my favorite Thai restaurant!
  • kristybahner
    kristybahner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite sites for healthy recipes as well. You must try some of her latino inspired recipes. The Cuban black beans over cilantro rice is so delicious and I also love the zesty lime shrimp and avocado salad. Usually two of my weekly recipes are from her. It's also nice that they are usually in the database already!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Everything I have made from there has turned out great. My favorites so far:

Picadillo
    Zesty Lime Shrimp Avocado Salad
    Lentil and Chicken soup - made last night and it was PHENOMENAL
    Edamame Hummus
    Skinny Italian Spinach Meatballs

I'm making the shrimp avocado salad for a party. Any ideas on how to serve it?
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thai Coconut Shrimp. Ooooo momma. :tongue:
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Crock pot taco chicken chilli is wonderful!!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Just tried the Baked Potato Soup this weekend and loved it! Another favorite is Angel Hair with Shrimp and Tomato Sauce.

Baked potato soup is on my menu this week :) Can't wait to try some of the other recipes too... I am also a huge fan of hungrygirl.com.. Lots and lots of "junk" recipes that are low in calories
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Oh Oh Oh I made the lasagna roll ups with fat free cottage instead of ricotta. It was so yummy I added a salad on the side and it was perfect!
  • StephanieHolloway
    Options
    Chicken Taco Chili
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this website.

I have tried:

The Tomato Bisque- Yum!!
    Overnight french toast
    Barbacoa Beef
    chicken nuggets
    persian turkey kofta kabobs
    skinny chicken tikka masala
    italian turkey meatballs
    steak and cheese sandwiches
    shrimp creole
    and the no bake cookies-these were NOT good!! the wierd peanut butter she had you use was funky!!

all except the last one were delicious!! My boyfriend loved them and didnt even know they we low cal:)
  • melissanne81
    Options
    I love that website. So far I have made her Pumpkin Cheesecake Cups, Colombian Carne Bistec, Steak & Onion Sandwiches, and the Baked Mac & Cheese which I just made last night! Everything has been really tasty...even my husband concurs and he's kind of a jerk when it comes to other people cooking for him. I intend to make the banana pancakes & Santa Fe chicken this weekend :)
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Love skinnytaste! My favorites are the spinach lasagna rolls and the chicken and white bean stuffed peppers (sooooo good!) My husband and daughter (20 months) really like the ground turkey, potato, and spring pea skillet meal. I don't love it just because I buy no salt added tomatoes and find it bland, but we have it pretty often.
  • msjamartin
    Options
    I've made more from this site than I can list and nothing has been bad. From Pumpkin cupcakes for work, mixed berry muffins, applenut bread, the pumpkin chili and chicken taco chili, etc. etc. etc.

Last night I made - http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/kalyns-stuffed-cabbage-casserole.html Absolutley WONDERFUL! I made it exactly to the recipe but with only one head of cabbage (as that is what I had). Had one serving for dinner and then froze the rest for lunches.

You can't go wrong with this site.
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've made the Lasagna Rolls Up and the Huevos Rancheros. Both were delish! I am trying the Baby Red Potato Salad tonight. I'll post how it turns out!

Great website!
  • chanson104
    Options
    bump
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Love this website!

I have made the baked ziti with spinach, crock pot baked potatoes, crock pot chicken taco chili, banana nut pancakes, baked bananas, low fat chocolate chip cookies and whole wheat blueberry muffins. They were all yummy!

The shrimp quesadillas and the spicy shrimp stir fry are on the menu for this week.