Oh no, woman changes hair!

Options
Espressocycle
Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
Just got a text from my fiance saying she has gottten an expensive, "very different" haircut. This is never a good sign. This almost certainly means it's short, probably some kind of mom bob, which I thought I could at least avoid until after I knocked her up. I'm a bad liar - she's going to know I hate it. And it was expensive, so that's even worse. I like simple, long hair, preferably pulled back in a pony tail sometimes.

Oh God women, why do you do this to us? I think I stand with most men in believing that women should never, ever change their hair except maybe to dye it red. To me, once a woman over 25 cuts her hair short she has crossed the threshold into middle-age.

Yes, I expect to get a lot of grief for this! I can't help it. To be fair, I don't think men should change their hairstyles either. If it were professionally acceptable, I would have mine long too, and then buzz it once it started to fall out.

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Because they need a change. It really shouldn't matter what her hair looks like.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I chopped all mine off yesterday. Hubby doesn't like it. I don't care, it's my head. He prefers it as you said, but in the end his attraction to me doesn't depend on my hair style. It's hair, it'll grow back.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Be thankful the change wasn't you!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Change is good! At least she called you to tell you first. Youd hate to walk in and not notice and then shes pissed at you for that.
  • frilly7483
    frilly7483 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When my hair is long I wantit short, when it's short I want it long. My boyfriend is polite and says he likes it either way (thoug I'm pretty sure he prefers long) either way... I don't care as long as I like it and can still swoosh it!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    boo for woman!!! :tongue:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I did EXACTLY that 2 years ago - had long, dark brown hair the hubs liked - I got BORED so I had a friend recommend a hair dresser, she lopped it ALL off, dyed it blonde and he just told me last week he hated it. Haha! So, what am I gonna do now? Lop it all off again!!!! MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Oh, Formicaman. I get that you have a preference, but this is the nature of girls. I've gone back and forth between long and short my whole life and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Try your best to be nice to her about it and show her you love her anyways. That would be good enough for me, if I were in her shoes.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    It's hair, it'll grow back.

I have mine drastically chopped off every few years b/c I get tired of the same thing but then I inevitably hate it short so I let it grow out long again.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I can't even touch this one without sounding like a militant feminist. :walks away:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Sean says, "why can't you just have your natural hair color?" and I say, "why can't you shut the hell up??" But seriously, hair is an accessory to women.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I do it because sometimes I need a change and it makes me feel better. It's about how I feel, not how my man feels. :P
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Be thankful the change wasn't you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Everytime I go from long to dramatically short, it shocks my husband just how much better I look with short hair. I also dyed it red 5 years ago and have never gone back. Most likely never will.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'll still love her, I just hate change. If I hadn't crashed my first car, I would still be driving it. I can't say the same about my second car because I didn't fit in it, but if I had I would still have that too. I'm keeping the current car forever and hope to keep the girl forever too.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just remember that there are two things a woman must change...
    Her mind and you.

Accept it and live peacefully knowing we will die first. :drinker:
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    you reminded me.. my hair is getting too long, i need to get a hair cut.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Before I begin, let me just say good luck to you sir. :flowerforyou: This is going to get rough.

To sum it up as nicely as possible, she probably assumed you loved her for her, not what her hair looks like. And she was probably bored and wanted a change. That's why I chop it, when I do.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what her hair looks like? It's her hair, she can do what she wants with it. Keep up with your attitude the way it is, and she'll make a change alright... she'll change who she's seeing.
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Men are so silly about hair. I remember the first pixie cut I ever got. My dad had a fit and stormed out of the house because I CHOSE to cut my hair short. My husband would probably have the same reaction my dad did. Luckily, I don't want it short now or he'd be out of luck. I am sure your girlyfriend will still be beautiful to you. Hair always grows back! :) Good luck!
  • torinoel14
    torinoel14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This seems a little shallow to me. If you are engaged to this woman, her hair shouldn't really be that big of a factor. Sometimes girls just need a change of style to boost confidence. If your woman feels more confident with her shorter hair then you should be happy for her. If it turns out to be an impulsive decision on her part, it will grow back.