cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• jewelzgirl
    jewelzgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to put celery, onion and cumin. Pretty tasty!!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I generally either just eat it plain or mix some frozen blueberries, mango, or even dry cereal in with it. I've also put it on toast. It's really up to you to be creative and find what you like with it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I put 1/3 cup craisins in mine :)
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    5 ways: I add it to a mixed salad, eat it plain, add pepper, add strawberry jam, or pineapple.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Can be either sweet or savoury, a bit like natural yoghurt.

I like it piled onto rice cakes. It's good with slices of cucumber, a grind of black pepper, or studded with blueberries.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain or with avocado...
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    I love chilli so i either put a few drops of tabasco or a chopped chilli! Usually have it with carrots, cucumber and peppers (capsicum). Had it on toast once too, that was pretty good!
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    with peaches!!! so good! :) i cant really describe the taste but its yummy speacially with fruit :) dont use vegetables thats gross lol
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese - yum. Lots of things you can do with it.

1. Cottage cheese Scramble - 1 egg, 1/4 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 chopped up turkey sausage link, 2 tbl skim milk. Whisk together and fry up like scambled eggs.

2. Mix cottage cheese w/ apple sauce and cinnamon & raisins

3. Mix cottage cheese with vegetable or onion soup mix and use as a dip with veggies or pita chips.

4. Mix cottage cheese with low fat sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning, or black beans and serve hot or cold as a mexican dip.

5. Whip cottage cheese with cocoa and splenda for chocolately mousse. Add a little PB2 (powdered peanut butter). Eat it cold or put it in the freezer for a little while until it gets a more ice creamy like consitency.

6. Protein pancakes ..... someone has a recipe (uses oats).... I'll have to look for it
  • hureksoy
    hureksoy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I particularly like the Breakstone's 2% cottage cheese in the 4-pack. I pair mine with tinned, drained mandarin oranges. I've been eating that since I was a little girl, so it doesn't even seem like a "diet food" to me.

I'm a big fan of black pepper, and now I want to try it with that as well! Good suggestion everyone!
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    It can be eaten either way :)

Savory - my fave is to add sweet chilli and spread on rice cakes or crispbread with cucumber

Sweet - add a couple of drops of vanilla essence, mix and add fruit. Yum!
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I eat it plain when I crave something savoury; if I'm craving something sweet, I'll mix in a tblsp of jam.
  • Pcarolln
    Options
    I buy the snack fruit cup size peaches (no sugar added) add to my cottage cheese. I like the small curd.
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I put it on fresh pears, peaches, or pineapple. Sometime's I'll just eat it by itself though. :)
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cottage cheese, the only way I can eat it is in lasagna or blended so the curds no longer exist...it is more of a texture thing for me.
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    Either with fruit or Mrs. Dash!
  • shellybean826
    Options
    i never ate cottage cheese either ..my hubby eats it right out of the container and i would make fun of him ..saying it was horrid looking and how could he eat it ...lol now i eat it everyday ..usually with fresh or no sugar added canned fruit drained ....and the only kind of fruit i havent tried with it is melons lmao ...i love it !!!! i did recently switch to the 2% and can taste no difference :)
  • fallard
    Options
    I like to use cottage cheese as a salad dressing!
  • Jaffacake05
    Options
    I like it as a savoury rather than a sweet thing. I tend to make a salad and add cottage cheese and olives on top, yummy!
    I like cottage cheese with a number of things including marmite but my friends just think thats just a bit weird :/
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    As a kid, I always mixed in canned/ drained peaches or pineapple with some chopped nuts on top.

I have also had it with cinnamon sugar (or splenda) sprinkled on top.

Lastly, I have mixed it with jarred salsa and have eaten it with tortilla chips.

I have also seen but never tried mixing it with diced tomatoes and cucumbers or mixing it with yogurt.