do you shower at the gym?

Replies

• Yes!!!! Everytime!!!! No butt funk is sitting in my ride!

Amen to that!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    I waited till I got home to do that, which is usually right after gym anyway. I don't like public showers
  • I ALWAYS shower at the gym - 6 days a week . My gym has more hot water than my home and the locker room is impeccable and they provide soaps/body wash (AND I don't have to clean it)!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    I shower at the gym. I get all smelly, too. And then I have class after. So I pack all my shower stuff and take a super fast (wash & rinse, no shaving or relax time like I do at home)
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Never. I only live a mile away so it's easier to come home than it is to carry all the stuff around in a gym bag.
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Yes every time! The shower in my gym is more powerful than my own so it feels nicer! I also have a special moisturiser that I only use after I've worked out. That way I feel good from working out, and my skin is soft & nice smelling all day long.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Always as 1) I sweat like crazy; 2) I am not putting coat on top of that; and 3) I work in Central London and have to use public transport to get home.

I do see plenty of women at my gym just change and go home, and some of them look pretty sweatty ...
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 417 Member
    When I was going to the gym I would always workout, rinse, sit in the hotub, then shower. I'm not one of those girls who cares if my hair is perfect or my makeup is done, so It was never really much of a hassle. Plus, I hate feeling all chemically from the hot tub...
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    I don't unless I've been in the pool. I'd rather shower in the comfort of my home. Plus there's re-doing the hair and makeup, that takes time and I don't want to hang out in the locker room that long. Plus I worry about the cleanliness of the Y showers...ew.
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    I always shower at the gym mainly b/c during the week I'm taking public transportation and I dare not go around other people smelling funky. Even if it wasn't for this, I would still shower at the gym after my workouts b/c I'm so sweaty and dirty. Funny but the showers at my gym are amazing and very relaxing
  • countryviolet333
    countryviolet333 Posts: 10 Member
    I dont shower at the gym, but thats mostly cause i still have to bike home...:)
  • My gym has individual bathrooms for each shower -- lockable, with a dry area to get changed it. It's lovely, but I don't use them -- and I'm going to aim not to. My gym is only 5 minutes from my house, so I'd rather go home to shower as I don't trust the cleanliness of public showers (and one of my housemates cleans the shower EVERY DAY).
  • I do, I have no problem showering at the gym. It's a convenience thing mostly.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I live 45 minutes from town. I often use my gym(s) as a shower facility even if I didn't work out there. They have individual stalls and the locker rooms are nice.

If I lived with 5 minutes? I'd probably shower at home. But I pay the membership fees I'm, going to use the convience.
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    9 times out of 10, I head home to shower. Our apartment complex has a gym, so it's easy because I don't have to hop in the car or anything.

If I'm planning to head out directly after the gym, I'll take a quick shower in the gym shower.
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    My sweaty *kitten* is not hittin the seats of my ride without showering first! Not gonna happen.

I keep a towel in the trunk just for that express purpose. Leather crotch funk don't go well.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,179 Member
    I shower when I swim, but not otherwise. I tend to use a LOT of shampoo/conditioning products (as in number of bottles, not amounts) and don't want to haul a shower bag back and forth across the locker room unless I've been in the pool and have something to get out of my hair right away.
  • My gym has some very nice private bathrooms (just like a large full bath in your house) and I always want to use them, but I live 2 miles away and have a home office, so after my workout every morning I usually just get home, run through my emails and then hop in the shower before the day's work begins!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    When I go on my lunch hour - yes I do shower - but I don't wash my hair, it's long. I throw it up high and shower everywhere else - body face etc. I wear flip flops in the gym showers.

When I go by my house, no I don't. I go home and shower there.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Nope...our gym has nasty showers. I work out first thing in the morning...come home all sweaty and shower at home. Besides, this way I don't have to carry all my bedroom and bathroom to the gym!