30 day shred question

Options
I am on day #4 of 30 day shred. For those of you that have done this workout....do you recommend I do it every day or every other? Is it most effective to let the muscles rest for a day or keep pushing thru it every day? Thanks for any advice

Replies

• lisadhancock
    Options
    Great ?. My sister and I were just discussing this. I'm on day 3 and pushing through it everyday where as i think she is giving is a rest day here and there. We shall see!
    Good luck!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i did it every day the first time around, but i think jillian recommends doing it 3-4 times a week? when i do it again i do plan on doing 6 days a week
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    Would be interested too. I am only on day 2 and pushed through the pain haha
    I must sound so silly but I am so so sore
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bex1408
    bex1408 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've had to take a r est day after day 2 as my thighs are struggling to let me do anything lol x
  • Bsnell10
    Options
    I am on day 9 and what i have been doing is one day i will do a class at he gym, or and ellitpical, then come home and do 30 ds, some days like yesterday i did Turbo Kick and was to sore or tired to do the 30 DS. I should be on day 12 or 13 if i was going stright thru.. I am gonna go till i hit the 30 Days it might take me 60 with other exercising that i am going to do but in the end i will get it done and keep my body guess everyday don which class or exercise i will be doing that day!! good luck hope this helps!!
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start the 30 day shred. How do you log it in your exercise ? Is it really very difficult. I'm so afraid I won't be able to do it!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I am trying for every day, but I took a break between day 2 & day 3 because my calf muscles were so sore.

There was another post on here somewhere that had a formula for figuring out the calories for your weight. Sorry I don't have the link.

It is tough, but if you stick with it, you can do more every time. There were some things I couldn't do at all on day 1 but could do on day 3. And I'm using 1 pound weights for most of it, not 3 or 5 like some other people. I figured I would just try to do what I can, and that is better than the nothing I was doing before.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it every day because it's only 25 minutes. If my body tells me I need a break then I will but so far so good.

To PP, I find it difficult but doable. Just do the best you can and you'll see yourself progress. You can log it as circuit training or go to "create exercise" and fill in the time and calories yourself.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I would highly reccomend getting a HRM. I see people log anything from 200-900 calories. I was very surprised that mine was about 300 caloreis burned. And I do know that it depends on weight etc.
  • michiganmama33
    Options
    What is a HRM?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did it twice-30 days in a row with 10 days at each level. I heard recently, though, that Jillian recommends every other day and another form of cardio too.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to be done every day. I do it everyday and take a break if I feel I need it. I second getting a HRM. MFP and logging it as circuit training is different from what you'd get on a HRM.
  • rondakaye39
    Options
    DAy 4 and sore but I will push on.
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just finished Level 2 - Day 9, & I've done it everyday.. I want to get it over as quick as possible! lol.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    when i did it last year i was did it every single day for 30 days straight..then i of courses needed a rest day and opted out to 6 times a week
  • michiganmama33
    Options
    Does anyone know what catagory to put this under and how many calories is used for each level?
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    log it as circuit training.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Level 3 Day 4. I don't usually do it every day. I do the C25K on the other day. Usually take one day off a week. Add some elliptical if I am feeling it.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of Level 2, and took a couple of breaks during Level 1, around Day 3 and Day 7. I'd done a lot of other exercise on
    these days and my body felt like it was dying after two days lol.

I think you should do it every day if you can handle it, but if you're feeling so sore it hurts when you're not exercising I think it's safe to say "take a break" for a day! I have to say after a day off I had renewed energy and kicked *kitten* when going for it again!

Bottom line is that it's an exercise regime designed to get results fast, but it will still work if you don't do it religiously every single say. If Jillian was with you I'm sure if you were struggling that bad even she wouldn't force you to carry on heehee!