How much did you lose in the first week?

Options
I've lost around 30 pounds since last year, but gained back 10. I had been eating terribly and not dieting at all until one week ago. In the past seven days I lost around 2 pounds.

I'm just wondering how much you have lost in your first week of dieting? Or how much you lose on average per week.

Replies

• zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is my first week back on here, but I know I've lost about 10 lbs the last two weeks due to just trying to eat healthier, so I'm curious to see what happens this week.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    I remember I lost 6 lbs the first week. Probably mostly water weight.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound my first week, and then another one. Then I started losing. It's not about how fast you can lose, it's about doing it in a healthy and sustainable way.
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    MOst people lose a lot in the first week or 2. I lost 6 lbs my first week. Sadly, its water weight. After the first week or two you start to slow down but don't let that get to you
  • nichole2003
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and lost 4 during week 1. Tomorrow is my "weigh-in" day so we shall see what happens!! *fingers crossed*
  • angela72023
    Options
    Seven pounds my first week. But I think its because I have so much to lose.
  • tammy1020
    Options
    my first week on here, i lost 10 pounds...bc i had the most motivation at the beginning. i need to get that mindframe back.
  • kbeller88
    kbeller88 Posts: 139
    Options
    11 lbs in the first 2 days
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    I lost 6lbs my first 3 days doing this. and have been losing 1-2 lbs a day ever since! Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • callherbeautyxo
    callherbeautyxo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ive lost almost 40lbs last year but ive been yo yoing between 220 and 230 , im just motivated like i use to be :/
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    3lbs. but I know it was water weight.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    5 lbs, then the rest is work!
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just 1kg
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My first week on here, I didn't lose any weight. The first few weeks I didn't lose weight. But, I did lose a lot of inches. After the 3rd week, I started to drop 3 pounds a week, and then it slowed down. I'm still losing, but, since I'm so close, the weight loss slows down.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    On my first week I lost 3 kgs (6.6 pounds). After the first month it slowed down to a pace of 1 kg a week (2 pounds) and hasn't varied much since.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    8 lbs. I'm prepared for it to slow down and average about 1-1.5 pounds a week. Slow and steady is fine with me.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds, then sat down and calculated 7 pounds per week divided by total pounds to lose and came up with 9 weeks - :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, it wasn't long before reality bit me in the butt.

I was losing about 2 lbs per week for 6 months, then things tightened up to one pound until I finally and wonderfully reached my goal.

It was hard, hard, hard!
    It's the hardest thing I ever did.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    10 pounds first week. Total at end of week 12 is 38 pounds.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I just joined last week. I don't have a scale at home, and I don't go to the gym, so I just weigh myself when it's convenient. Took my oldest son to the doctor today, and jumped on the scale when he was done, and I'm down 3 pounds. And that was at 3:30 this afternoon, and I normally weigh in the morning, so maybe more than that. I was stoked about the 3 pounds though. I've really been holding myself accountable, and it's making a huge difference already.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    2 pounds ._.