5' 8" Whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• BurnsinDC
    Options
    I weighed 190 too--and lost about 20 pounds on Weight Watchers. Now I'm excited to do the tracking of food and exercise here for free. Good Luck! You can do it! Remember there's no finish line--and just try to be good on the days you can be good --and forgive yourself and get right back on your plan if you stumble...
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I am about or really close to 5' 9" i put up this pic so you can see what 145-147lbs looks like on a guy at 5'9"
    I am still trying to get rid of some belly fat to be shredded
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8inch and my goal weight is 140lbs. I don't want to go any lower, being pear shaped I lose weight much quicker on my face down to my waist. Any smaller and I'd look ill lol
  • ritzglitz
    ritzglitz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and 209lbs. I shooting for 170. And if I reach it then I want to go for 155.
  • jessashcher
    Options
    I am 5' 7 1/2 " my starting weight was 179 and my ultimatel goal is to get to 130 lbs. I am currently at 149.6
  • ritzglitz
    ritzglitz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    haha same
  • Laurenlulubug
    Options
    I am just barely under 5'8". My goal weight is 135-140. Right now I weigh about 163. I read a few of the other posts and agree I think much under that is a little too crazy.
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    5'8'' - Goal weight 150. Then muscle build-up to about 160-165.
  • amyrobynne
    amyrobynne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'7" and I'd like to be in the low-mid 130's with my body fat percentage in the low 20's. Right now I'm 143 with body fat just under 30%. I was 155 at Thanksgiving though and haven't lost any muscle.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and at my goal weight of 135...I have a small frame so ideally I would like to be 130, but right now I'm trying hard to build more muscle so I'm focusing on lifting heavier and eating clean while upping my proteins and lowering my grain carbs. Great thread, we're all so different! Have to admit that I'm hoping to be ripped for a cruise we have planned for next summer!
  • sophiel26
    Options
    Im 5"8.5 and I am 185lb at the moment. I want to get down to 158lb as that was my pre children weight. I can go down any lower than that really as I have a large build (think swimmers shoulders and you arent far off) and i start to look like a lollipop!
    xx
  • kazpixie
    Options
    161. I got to 150 once and looked terrible.

Thank Christ there's someone else in the world that doesn't feel a need to be superskinny! I'm not this tall - Only 5'5" in fact and i'd be quite happy at 154-168, It would put me above my BMI for a "healthy" weight and I don't care.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is somewhere between 140-145. I have a medium bone structure. I think I would look best at this weight. I guess we will have to see :) good luck girl.
  • bankjm
    bankjm Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal weight is 165. The lightest I've ever been was 155. I will settle for high end of normal!!
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My goal weigh is 155 lbs. I'm 45 years old. Right now I wear a size 8 pant at about 160 lbs. I would like to get to a 6. I'm 5'8" tall. When I was married 22 years ago I weighed 145. After 5 kids, I'm think 155 would be great! Plus I have a larger frame.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    right at 5'8" and goal weight is 142. I really do have big bones and am back to lifting weights, last time I was at 142 I could wear mostly size 6 and even a few size 4 pants. Tops are tougher due to wide shoulders and muscular arms.
  • MrsREFJR
    Options
    I am 5' 9" and my goal weight is 153 according to everything this is a perfect weight for my height and would put my BMI is the good range,
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and have a larger frame for a woman. My best weight, where I looked lean but still athletic was 135 (in high school, 30 years ago).

My lowest weight since that time was 150 after my son was born...and I lost all of the baby weight plus a couple of pounds.

Over the years (he's 21) I gained and ended up at my highest weight of 263 almost 3 years ago.

My mother died suddenly in 2009, and I shed 10 lbs almost immediately because I could barely stand to look at food.

I stayed at 253, until I joined MFP last year and am now down to 233.
  • twinkle0
    Options
    I'm 5'8 at 277 my goal is 156 (:
  • GoldenGirl89
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and would loooove to be 165. This website is pretty cool because you can see what other people look like at certain heights and weights --> http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!