What's your biggest fear ?!

Options

Replies

• NordenJenn
    Options
    snakes that swim...i could honestly throw up thinking about that. It literally makes me sick to my stomach
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My uncle crawling into my bed at night, with his whiskey breath and scratchy beard

wow... dark
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Last year my father called me to his best friend's house. My father's best friend was very sick, but didn't call 911 for help because he was embarassed due to his weight(400 ibs). My dad's friend was only wearing underwear and a shirt. We had to dress him. His feet had sores from sugar, so he couldn't stand. My dad found a rolling computer chair and together we wrestled his buddy into the chair. My father pulled the man's mini van onto the grass and together, with the man's girlfriend,got him into the van. This is my greatest fear. I will overeat so much that I can't help myself, that I will no longer have any real control over my life. :cry:
  • chauser1022
    Options
    Last year my father called me to his best friend's house. My father's best friend was very sick, but didn't call 911 for help because he was embarassed due to his weight(400 ibs). My dad's friend was only wearing underwear and a shirt. We had to dress him. His feet had sores from sugar, so he couldn't stand. My dad found a rolling computer chair and together we wrestled his buddy into the chair. My father pulled the man's mini van onto the grass and together, with the man's girlfriend,got him into the van. This is my greatest fear. I will overeat so much that I can't help myself, that I will no longer have any real control over my life. :cry:

Wow, now that is really what a lot of us do really fear deep down. Thanks for sharing that!
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    I almost drowned quite a few times as a kid, so water that I can't touch the bottom on.
    Clowns
    And I'm not a mother, but i may as well be one to my nephew. I have a horrible fear of anything bad ever happening to him. I'm even iffy when he goes out with his own mother! ( not that she doesnt love and care for him) I'm just way to protective over that boy.
  • sruffin9834
    Options
    1 Rejection and failure!

2 I was sexually molested as a boy and one of my biggest fears is that happening to me again (yes, men get rapped and sexually assaulted EVERYDAY, "we" tend to not say anything because it emasculates us somehow or so "we" think!)

3 Even worse, having something like that happen to my child. I don't have a child right now, but one day I hope to have one.

4 Anything bad happening to my son (I am hoping that God gives me a boy one day)

5 staying fat all my life

6 being tortured alive

7 tight enclosed spaces and running out of oxygen in their (part of the torture thing)
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Being rejected by a girl I really like...leads to a month of pain. Currently in that month
  • KariePerez
    Options
    That I will Plato right now the way I am and not reach my goal of 190 because I get discouraged :sad:
  • branflake5
    Options
    I am in constant fear that something will happen to my kids, which has caused me to be pretty vigilant and over protective which they just love btw.

I am also afraid of bugs and spiders. If I see one I can not rest/relax until I know it is dead.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    gaining all this weight back
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    growing old alone because I've never gotten married or had children...who will be there when I'm old? :(
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Our government.

NO FREAKING KIDDING!!!!!!!!!
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Something happening to my kids is number one ... As far as my journey with my weight loss it's my skin on my lower tummy not going back to here it was ...:(((
  • lowliar
    lowliar Posts: 26
    Options
    Honestly? Heights.
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a few, unfortunately some have happened (have almost drowned, been on verge of postpartum psychosis & have had a few major anxiety attacks, have now failed at 2 attempts to get ahead by going to college and owe student loans)

1. my death (neither being buried nor burned appeals to me)
    2. my kids being hurt or dying
    3. heights
    4. VERY closterphobic
    5. drowning
    6. losing my mind
    7. being alone forever
    8. not finding out my purpose/meaning in life (failure)

oh, and one more big one for me is

9.an accident...If I hurt myself too badly (back or arms specifically), I'm screwed. I have congenital scoliosis with rod fixation, and an arm that is already messed up so to speak (shorter, missing a thumb etc etc) If I hurt it or my back, I won't ever heal right and would be a burden to my kids and/or stuck in a home
  • Misti76
    Misti76 Posts: 37
    Options
    Spiders

Like spiders on the field?

Hahahaha! I love The Replacements!
  • Myhighway2
    Options
    Heights, Bridges Oh......... other drivers.
  • Misti76
    Options
    As for "serious" fears, my worst is that something will happen to me when I'm alone with my son & he'll be scared & not know what to do. {If you've seen Steel Magnolias, the scene when Shelby collapses on Halloween & Jack Jr. is alone & crying is my worst fear on tape}

Otherwise, spiders. I get absolutely paralyzed when I see one. Now, if they're teeny tiny it's no big deal, but if it's say, bigger than a pencil eraser.... freak out city.

Ghosts. I don't even know if I believe in ghosts, but the thought that they COULD exist is just too much.
  • gabbingfilly
    gabbingfilly Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Spiders are by far my biggest but then I have a small list of really strange ones (Don't laugh... Ok well maybe you should. LOL) I have weird fears of fish hooks, superglue, and exacto-knives.
  • Misti76
    Options
    Spiders are by far my biggest but then I have a small list of really strange ones (Don't laugh... Ok well maybe you should. LOL) I have weird fears of fish hooks, superglue, and exacto-knives.

I have to admit I laughed a little. ;)