do you shower at the gym?

Options

Replies

• hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    Yes, I have a separate bag at my office that I take over to the gym. I go to a fancy gym (hubby works there so I get a free membership), so I definitely use their showers, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, etc.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    never
  • I don't ever since I got athlete's foot this past summer. I have one coat that I designate as my "gym coat" in the winter, so its okay if it gets all sweaty and gross smelling.
  • Abbie_Thompson
    Abbie_Thompson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I work out at the gym on company property. We get there real early to work out, shower and then walk to our offices. I actually prefer it. Endless hot water, use as many towels as i want (we have a towel service) and when I wake up all I have to do is walk out the door. A lot easier to get up in the mornings when all you have to do is brush your teeth and walk to the car!
  • Abbie_Thompson
    Abbie_Thompson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't ever since I got athlete's foot this past summer. I have one coat that I designate as my "gym coat" in the winter, so its okay if it gets all sweaty and gross smelling.

I always wear flip flops in the shower and walking around the locker room!
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Nope - I only live a few doors down so I boot it home and shower there. Then I can relax over my coffee while my hair dries, rather than spending however long trying to blow dry it so it doesn't freeze on the walk home. I'm sure I don't look beautiful, and in -30 weather it's a little chilly when I'm sweaty, but I live!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Shower, shave, shvitz, and steam - got 'em all covered!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I always shower at the gym.
  • michellebelle1
    michellebelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Only because I live 30 minutes away and I work out before work. But I always wear shower shoes. If I go for a run in the afternoon and go back to work, I just soap up at the gym shower and wash my hair when I get home.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym twice a day and shower both times but i see some ppl mostly women, storm a workout then just get changed and leave. i just could't do it i hate that feeling and to be honest how i smell after a workout i dont get how some ppl can leave minus a shower but get that some people may be nervous or prefer showering at home, especially women

It's called putting on Deodorant... Tends to take care of the smelly-ness pretty well I find.

When I workout, I'm generally coming from work... so I go home, grab my stuff and go... and then I either go home right away and shower or go grab something to eat and then shower when I get home.

I don't really sweat that much anyway when I workout.. and if I do, then my deodorant is enough to mask any odor.

Oh don't get me wrong I appreciate that and im not saying there should be a person on the door of a gym saying 'Woah where do you think your going, your humming off the charts get in the shower' I personally sweat off any deodorant that I put on and I put on roll on before each session because I am so conscious of how I may or may not smell, no one wants to smell that least of all me.

All I meant was that I appreciate some people don't want to have a shower at a gym for hygiene reasons, personal reasons, they live right next to the gym whatever, but I shower every time because I couldn't physically put my clothes back on without then having to burn them when I got home
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym twice a day and shower both times but i see some ppl mostly women, storm a workout then just get changed and leave. i just could't do it i hate that feeling and to be honest how i smell after a workout i dont get how some ppl can leave minus a shower but get that some people may be nervous or prefer showering at home, especially women

Twice a day?!! Wow ... I'm impressed. Where do you find the time ... and energy?

God knows, i figure it stops me eating at my desk at lunchtime though :D
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can't remember the last time I showered at home!
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I wait until I'm home to take a shower and change. I take my son to the daycare there and I make sure to get in every minute of those two hours (2hr daycare at my gym) to actual working out. I go usually in the late evenings so I just get home, take a shower, change and relax before bed.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I work out at the gym on company property. We get there real early to work out, shower and then walk to our offices. I actually prefer it. Endless hot water, use as many towels as i want (we have a towel service) and when I wake up all I have to do is walk out the door. A lot easier to get up in the mornings when all you have to do is brush your teeth and walk to the car!
    [/quote

Same here.

I get up in the morning, put on my gym clothes and head out the door. Gym is in the office, so I can work and shower before heading to my office. It makes it a lot easier
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Nope... I just turn my A/C full blast and roll down the windows (if it's not 110 out)... do a little sponge bath and change my clothes and put on some deoderant, not necessarily in this order... I don't seem to get any complaints... *shrugs*
  • lindaamarie
    lindaamarie Posts: 114
    Options
    I did once then I found out that we dont have an outlet so I couldn't dry my hair, and I don't like going around with wet hair.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    YES I DO! As a mother of 2 (4&2yr old), the gym is the only place that i can take a shower with out worrying about my kids killing eachother or themselves, being interrupted or having the shwer curtain pulled back, having dollies joining me, tripping over bath toys, having toilet flushed (you get the picture,lol) and it can be as long and as hot as i want. lol. PLUS it saves $ on our water bill :). Actually, I have said 1000 times...if all my gym was offering was daycare and showers, i would still pay the membership fees. LOL :laugh:
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't make sense for me. I go straight home (5 minutes away) and shower there.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Nope... I just turn my A/C full blast and roll down the windows (if it's not 110 out)... do a little sponge bath and change my clothes and put on some deoderant, not necessarily in this order... I don't seem to get any complaints... *shrugs*

Glad I'm not the only one!

When I workout during lunch or in the morning before work, all the ladies seem to be showering however me... I just dry off- wash my face, apply make up and fresh deodorant and scented lotion.. and off I go!

For me, I just have never liked showering in public places- so I just make sure I shower the night before and I feel fine after my workout. No smellyness for me... or at least my coworkers haven't said anything. :)
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one!

When I workout during lunch or in the morning before work, all the ladies seem to be showering however me... I just dry off- wash my face, apply make up and fresh deodorant and scented lotion.. and off I go!

For me, I just have never liked showering in public places- so I just make sure I shower the night before and I feel fine after my workout. No smellyness for me... or at least my coworkers haven't said anything. :)

Me too! I don't think I'd ever be able to shower in public. I'd much rather shower in my own bathroom, that I know is perfectly clean because I cleaned it! Some days I work out after work so I just go right home after. Other days I go before work in the morning. Not showering those mornings has never been an issue. I guess I don't get that sweaty and gross.