Bloody as hell or burnt to a crisp?

Options
2»

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Very well done but not burned...done long and slow so it falls off the bone and if wrapped it retains it flavour and moisture.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I want to chase my steak around the plate! Other foods need to be cooked till done not anywhere near burnt.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Oh dear - the whole chicken and pork needs to be well done thing is a bit old these days. That recommendation came from when chicken and pork carried disease and the only way to guarantee not getting sick was to cook the meat until it was chewy. These days, with increased attention on food quality, one is highly unlikely to get worms from undercooked pork or unwell from undercooked chicken. Of course neither of these meats should be served bloody but they really don't need to be "well done".

Personally i like my beef rare, my burgers/lamb/duck/tuna to be medium/ rare and my pork and chicken just, just done so they are still tender.

Mmmmmmmmmm....hungry now.
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Rare for me :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Steak...I want to hear is moo when I stick the fork into it.
    Pork etc cooked through but not burned.
  • JustLena75
    Options
    Mostly I think I prefer my steak medium. My husband like well done...ick! When we go to a restaurant and the server asks him how he would like his meat cooked, I say 'shoe leather'!!! LOL
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Burnt to a crisp and then some. My boyfriend likes it rare to the bone, I could never share meat with him!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Pretty close to still moo-ing for steak. The older I get, the rarer Iike it!

THIS!!!!:love::drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Mostly I think I prefer my steak medium. My husband like well done...ick! When we go to a restaurant and the server asks him how he would like his meat cooked, I say 'shoe leather'!!! LOL

LMFAO!! That's what I tell the gf when she orders steak. I must have mine medium rare to medium
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i can only take mines medium rare, bf likes his burnt to a crisp altho he did steal my steak one day because it looked "better" then complained it was pink not sure what he expected :laugh:
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I like medium well to well done.

I have an issue with things bleeding on my plate. Yuck.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Has to be well done! I like my food dead!

^^^^This................
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Medium well is the way to go........Do not understand folks who like their food still bleeding like someone just cut an aorta on my plate
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    If it's pink it's not cooked. Just sayin',
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Steak? Blue for sure!
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    Medium well, just my preference. Doesn't look to appetizing to me when there's blood dripping all over the plate.
  • teamwingnut
    Options
    A friend of mine used to ask the server to "just walk the cow past the fire". I'll have my steak medium-rare to medium, with lots of minced garlic on top, please and thank you! ^_^

Any other meats HAVE to be well done...