30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Drizzt_d99
    Drizzt_d99 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it but I'm really overweight (320pounds) and am worried I'll have a heart attack if i try! Are there any other 'bigger' people that have done it?

My starting weight was 297 lbs - 6'3".

I am day 3 Level 2.

I find you just try to keep up as best as you can. As you build muscle and endurance it does get easier. I look at it this way. I try to do the exercises as precise as they do on the video, but even if I have to take a breather between, it is better than doing nothing. You also may find that for some of the moves you do not need to use a hand weight. There are some that I just do the motions without the weights.

I look at it that I just started being a better person 2 weeks ago. I plan to do ripped in 30 after 30DS is done, and then I will go back to 30DS and hopefully be better at the moves.

Hope this helps.
  • Salukisazuki
    Options
    I have actually banked an "emergancy" ten pound my boyfriend gave me for fuel just so i can buy this today!!

well.....i cant put the fuel in my car now so i wont see him for a couple weeks-i can cope with that if the reslts of this are as good as it says they are!

I clearly suck as a girlfriend but hey, i will look lovely! ;)
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I did day 8 last night. It is getting easier and doesn't hurt as much after, but it still hurts a lot during!

I use 3lb weights for, most exercises. I use 5 lbs for the dumbell rows and the chest flys. I can't use weights for more than half of the anterior raises though. Holy crap those hurt!
  • dnagal
    dnagal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm alternating it with no more trouble zones. my body hurts, im still on level 1 day 3. i like that whenever i feel like stopping and giving up, Jillian changes the moves
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 8 of the shred, it's AWESOME!!!! When i started, a week ago, I could hardly do the modifed pushup. this morning, I did 3 regaluar pushups! Keep it up, after a few more days it WILL get easier and you will grow to LOVE jillian Michaels!
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was on Day 8 of Level 1 and missed it 3 days in a row. GRRRR.......... I could tell a difference already. But now, in my head, I'm starting over! It helps a lot. Any type of excercise is better than none
  • leblanc31507
    Options
    I think I have every one of her DVD's I started up the 30 day shred again yesterday. My fitness level is a little higher so I started on level 2. Didnt make me sweat much so I did some walking and high knees after. The first time I did the challenge a year ago, I was looking fantastic.. I hope I get the same results this time!! Good Luck all!
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    When I started it I was 320. It's tough but the accomplishment feels so good. Going to restart out this week myself.

But I also do couch 2 5k, too.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm using one pound soup cans and 32 ounce water bottles for weights. Just did Level 1 Day 4. I am a couch potato, very unfit. But I'm feeling really good after I pressed through the soreness on day 2-3.
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    All these results sound wonderful and I would love to try them, but I am not strong enough at this point to even do 1 push up. I can only do 10 sit ups and I feel so out of shape. Any encouragement on if I would even come close to being able to do this workout? Also how do I build up stamina? Do I just keep doing 10 sit ups until it becomes easy and then move on to 15/20? How can I make my arms strong enough for push ups?
  • DreamChaser22
    DreamChaser22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! When I did 30 day shred, I used 5lbs. I should start it up again. I love Jillian.
  • ambuney83
    Options
    I have Jillian's Ripped in 30 which is similar to 30DS. Just wondering, when doing this workout, is this all you do? (NOT saying this is easy.) For example, after day one of Ripped in 30 I was sore for three days, so just wanted to do cardio for a few days to recover. Also, not sure if your body will get used to doing the same routine. I know it has different levels and I will likely be stuck at level one for more than a week. Just curious as to what else you might be incorporating. Thanks!
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am starting the shred today and wanted to know what you enter it in as when you enter "my exercise"....I couldn't find anything in the database!

When I log 30 Day Shred, I log it as circuit training, general and just put in the minutes. It's pretty accurate. According to my weight and height, I burn 209 calories doing a 20 minute 30 Day Shred workout.
  • arr0528
    Options
    I have Jillian's Ripped in 30 which is similar to 30DS. Just wondering, when doing this workout, is this all you do? (NOT saying this is easy.) For example, after day one of Ripped in 30 I was sore for three days, so just wanted to do cardio for a few days to recover. Also, not sure if your body will get used to doing the same routine. I know it has different levels and I will likely be stuck at level one for more than a week. Just curious as to what else you might be incorporating. Thanks!

My body is a bit achy today so I was thinking of doing every other day cardio and 30 Day Shred so I can ease my body into it. It's pretty intense but I also like to just do 45 minutes of the elliptical some days.
  • arr0528
    Options
    All these results sound wonderful and I would love to try them, but I am not strong enough at this point to even do 1 push up. I can only do 10 sit ups and I feel so out of shape. Any encouragement on if I would even come close to being able to do this workout? Also how do I build up stamina? Do I just keep doing 10 sit ups until it becomes easy and then move on to 15/20? How can I make my arms strong enough for push ups?

Push ups are challenging. What you can do is do a push up on your knees. 30 Day Shred has modified workouts included in it for those who are just starting out. I think you should do it anyway. It will definitely build up your stamina, strength, and endurance. Even if you have to take a few breaks, at least you are trying and before you know it, you'll be able to get through a whole workout. I had to stop a couple of times on my first day!
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options

Push ups are challenging. What you can do is do a push up on your knees. 30 Day Shred has modified workouts included in it for those who are just starting out. I think you should do it anyway. It will definitely build up your stamina, strength, and endurance. Even if you have to take a few breaks, at least you are trying and before you know it, you'll be able to get through a whole workout. I had to stop a couple of times on my first day!

When I started the 30 Day Shred I could hardly do one push up from my knees. I am on day 10 (last day) of Level 1 and I am able to do most of the 30 seconds with the regular push up. I notice a change in my upper body strength from day 1 for sure
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You guys have given me hope! I just had my husband order it for me! I can't wait to get it!
  • arr0528
    Options
    You guys have given me hope! I just had my husband order it for me! I can't wait to get it!

Way to go!!!! You can do it!!
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level 2 . When doing those downward dog jumping jacks it's not funny that my bum is bouncing :( REALLY!!!!
  • ppaz512
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!