What are you reading right now?

Options

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I'm getting close to finishing "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice. Very LONG (a little over 1000 pages) by worth it.

The Mayfair Witches are wonderful! Hehe. I do prefer Blood and Gold, her last installment of the Vampire Chronicles.

Wasn't Blackwood Farms after Blood and Gold? I can't remember anymore ...
    Blood and Gold was really really good though :happy:
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm getting close to finishing "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice. Very LONG (a little over 1000 pages) by worth it.

The Mayfair Witches are wonderful! Hehe. I do prefer Blood and Gold, her last installment of the Vampire Chronicles.

yup, it was Blood and Gold.. then Blackwood Farm.. then Blood Canticle.
    GOOOOOD series!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I LOVE SOOKIE!!!!! they are my favorite books, I finished the Sleeping beauty books, WOW on those, VERY SEXUAL and Very Fetish type twisted, not waht I had expected!:bigsmile:

Have you read the Vampire Chronicles? I have every book ... and the spin off books LOL
    I've tried reading the Witching Hour but find myself stopping before it really gets interesting. Now that you are saying it is worth it, I'll give it another go.

I just found out Anne Rice wrote a series on Sleeping Beauty. I'm excited to read it.
    Oh and I just read the Christ series (books 1 and 2) and was really surprised at how good they were.

Right now I am reading a Sookie Stackhouse book ... I can't remember the name. All of them have similar titles. Everyone dead I think it is called.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    What are you reading right now?

This thread.
    Silly:bigsmile:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I am reading Harry Potter (book 5). I am an avid Potter fan and with the 6th movie coming out this month I felt like I needed to refresh. :happy: :tongue:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides...just started.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    :tongue: Just started Reading Ann Rule (which is a new author for me) "Green river turning red"
    Because the events happen close to where I live right now and I was interested when i heard of the book and whatnot. I finished all of the Sookie books:cry: So I have to get on with my life.

Leshawnturner- I am a total HP lover, but I didn't read this book, I want to be supprised and then read it after the movie!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Safely Home by Randy Alcorn.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Almost half way through the nanny diaries, it's better then I thought it would be, I bought it at the gift shop in the hospital, where there was limited choice to say the least. I'm pleasantly surprised though, pretty good read.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Shack and Love in the Time of Cholera.
    Hoping for some warm weather to sit outside and finish them both so I can move on to something else.
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    I finished my book "Stolen Lives: 20 Years in a Desert Jail". I am now reading a Clive Cussler book titled, "Valhalla Rising". I have never read anything by him, but a friend collects all of his books and said I had to try it. So far so good.
  • tonya1mt
    tonya1mt Posts: 16
    Options
    I am currently reading the Babylon Rising series by Tim LaHaye. There are 4 books in the series....Babylon Rising, The Secret on Ararat, The Europa Conspiracy, and The Edge of Darkness. I am 22 pages from being done with The Europa Conspiracy. This is a great fiction series based on a biblical archeologist by the name of Michael Murphy who goes on hunts for different artifacts from the Bible and a group called The Seven who are out make a one world govt. with control belonging to this group. Enter in a twisted unknown man that goes by the name of Methusala who gives Murphy clues to where these artifacts are(with lots of dangerous, life threatening situations thrown in). The first book deals with the staff of Moses that shaped like a snake. The second book deals with finding Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat. The 3rd book deals with the Handwriting on the Wall(hand of God wrote "Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin" on the banquet hall wall just hrs. before the fall of King Belshazzar of Babylon).

Of course it takes me forever to get these books read as I only have time to read when I am on my recumbent bike.:smile: Speaking of which, I better log on to my library's website an extend my loan time as they are due back tomorrow, and I still have the 4th book to read.:tongue:

I love reading books about different ways future groups might try to "rule the world" and/or end to world.:wink:
  • psychojenn
    psychojenn Posts: 61
    Options

yup, it was Blood and Gold.. then Blackwood Farm.. then Blood Canticle.
    GOOOOOD series!

im finishing up the vampire chronicles so this sounds good.. i should read those too when im done ^-^
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    Currently I am reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

Another amazing love story set mostly (so far) in 1745. The love scenes are enough to make you :blushing:
    I loved this series!!!
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I am reading Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill.
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    I just finished Losing It by Valerie Bertinelli, and am currently at the last part of Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert on an audio book. I really like how Gilbert's book is read by herself since it is about her own life journay.. it wouldn't be the same if read by another person.

Next on my list is probably Twilight, which has been sitting here for quite a while waiting to be read. Or I'm playing with rereading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown...I know I want to see the movie, but am wondering if I should wait to reread until after so as not to be bugged by changes?

00Angela00 -- I totally agree with you about Jodi Picoult. I just "discovered" her last year and I really like her writing! Vanishing Acts is a current favorite, but I do have another waiting to be read ... can't think of the title... and My Sister's Keeper waiting to be listened to on audio. I'm excited that a movie was made of that -- I have had a number of people -- teens and adults -- tell me they loved the book.

xsargex -- I am also wanting to see the movie version of The Road by Cormac McCarthy, esp. since Viggo Mortensen is in it. I think he is a phenomenal actor. But, I couldn't finish the book when I tried to read it the year before last when I belonged to a book club at work... I can't remember if it was the language or what...
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Leshawnturner- I am a total HP lover, but I didn't read this book, I want to be supprised and then read it after the movie!

I didn't start reading HP until after the 5th movie came out and I was SHOCKED :noway: at the differences between the movie and the book. There were so many tidbits of information that should have been in the movies that was left out. But that's okay because they are still great movies!!! :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second reading of Natasha Mosterts Season Of The Witch...and will be starting on her fourth novel Keeper of Dust And Light.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the Babylon Rising series by Tim LaHaye. There are 4 books in the series....Babylon Rising, The Secret on Ararat, The Europa Conspiracy, and The Edge of Darkness. I am 22 pages from being done with The Europa Conspiracy. This is a great fiction series based on a biblical archeologist by the name of Michael Murphy who goes on hunts for different artifacts from the Bible and a group called The Seven who are out make a one world govt. with control belonging to this group. Enter in a twisted unknown man that goes by the name of Methusala who gives Murphy clues to where these artifacts are(with lots of dangerous, life threatening situations thrown in). The first book deals with the staff of Moses that shaped like a snake. The second book deals with finding Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat. The 3rd book deals with the Handwriting on the Wall(hand of God wrote "Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin" on the banquet hall wall just hrs. before the fall of King Belshazzar of Babylon).

Of course it takes me forever to get these books read as I only have time to read when I am on my recumbent bike.:smile: Speaking of which, I better log on to my library's website an extend my loan time as they are due back tomorrow, and I still have the 4th book to read.:tongue:

I love reading books about different ways future groups might try to "rule the world" and/or end to world.:wink:

Oh, I have those books. Those books were so good! I was looking for the next book in the series but maybe that's it. Tim LaHaye is one of my favorite authors.