Things to stop me eating

Options
Please can you tell me strategies to stop eating all the time?

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Water really helps! Sometimes we think we are hungry but its actually thirst!!
    Snacks high is protein and fiber help too! i.e. greek yogurts, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, nuts!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Just took a quick look at your diary... only peeked at a few days, so my recs might be off. Eat more fiber (whole grains) and more fresh fruits and veggies.
    Drink wayyyyy less alcohol.
    Fiber will help fill you up and keep you fill (might want to pair with a lean protein, too), and alcohol has tons of calories in it. Drink less, no calories.
  • patheticgit
    Options
    Yesterday was not a normal day thank the lord.
  • patheticgit
    Options
    Yes I don't drink water at all. I'll get some now
  • amandamaren
    amandamaren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    every time i feel hungry, i drink a full glass of water, then re-evaluate my hunger. it's usually gone.
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I agree with all that was said before. Something that helps me is gum and hard candy. It's way fewer calories than some of the other things I might snack on.

ETA: popcorn, especially air popped - high in fiber and low in calories, also makes a nice snack.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Your calories are set way too low. You are destined to kill metabolism at that rate. Judging by your picture you look to be about 5'6" probably about 140-150lbs?
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    fibre and protein. if im really hungry and dont want to eat crap i usually boil a couple of eggs which fills me up.

If your eating cos your bored... take up a hobbie, or exercise, or do something to distract yourself.

if your still hungry then you may be ready for you next meal x
  • kjones3535
    Options
    WATER!! I used to not drink water at all but I keep a bottle on my desk and just sip it through out the day. It is easy to get in 6-8 glasses a day doing that.
  • patheticgit
    Options
    I drink alot of tea - has thaqt got something to do with it?
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth right after eating... It sends a message to your brain that you are done eating for the day.

Also, drink, drink, drink water! :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I grab water and set a timer for 20 mintues. By the time the timer goes off 90% of the time the craving passes. I also result to gum or brushing my teeth. Once I have that fresh minty feeling on my teeth I tend to stay away from eating then time has passes again!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Warm tea ( not loaded with sugar), Take a walk or some form of movement to get your mind off it., Read, Water, Log on here and start posting. I have read that if you don't give into it it should pass within 4 min. If you are still struggling, eat some salad or egg white omelets with veggies ( tomato, spinach, peppers, onions) they are very low in cal and the protein will help. Dr Oz says a handful of nuts or a tbls of peanut butter. I don't want to get into the great carb debate but for me, Cutting white carbs help big time.
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    chew gum through the day.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    water before i eat a meal helps to fill me up. also, v8 splash, the diet one, is opnly 10 calories in 8 oz of juice... very very low sugar, no fat, and it taste awesome... i drink 16 oz of that, and i feel pretty full afterwards!!! coffe also helps make me not too hungry, and green tea not only gives you a fuller feeling, but is very healthy and a natural form of assisting weight loss!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    what kind of tea? brewed tea that you make, or the kind of tea in an aluminum can for 99 cents?
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    ...and brush your teeth after every meal......it will keep you from eating as well.
  • patheticgit
    Options
    Your calories are set way too low. You are destined to kill metabolism at that rate. Judging by your picture you look to be about 5'6" probably about 140-150lbs?

163lbs
    5ft 7 so overweight
  • tafinney
    tafinney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I drink A LOT of water every day, and a 32oz bottle of G2 every other day. I am taking Healthe Trim (not advocating or promoting in any way, just stating what I do) and it TOTALLY curbs my appetite. I used to snack all day, then sit down at night and continue snacking. Now... I do not need, or remember, to snack at any point day or night. My energy level is through the roof and I have NO jitters or shakes. It works for me, just letting you know.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i also try to add the odorless, tastless fiber to every drink i have, wether it be water, juice, coffee, tea... it does not do anything to the taste or texture of your drink. that really helps you feel fuller, and also keeps you "regular" if you know what i mean!