As of today.......I GIVE UP

Options
I have eat right, watched my calorie intake, exercised and the weight's not coming off. I actually gained a pound. I give up. I realize that people hit plateau's (which I've done), but honestly, I'm tired of feeling like I'm literally starving myself to death (even though I eat the calories I'm suppose to) and there's no change. :sad:

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I have eat right, watched my calorie intake, exercised and the weight's not coming off. I actually gained a pound. I give up. I realize that people hit plateau's (which I've done), but honestly, I'm tired of feeling like I'm literally starving myself to death (even though I eat the calories I'm suppose to) and there's no change. :sad:

If you give up, you'll never get there--

Keep trying-- :flowerforyou:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need to start eating a little more. If you are feeling like you are starving and you have hit a plateau, then most likely you just aren't cosuming enough to sustain you and get you over that hump. I am not sure how many calories you are eating now but try upping them by 200-300 per day and see how that goes. It will give you more to eat and rev up your metabolism. Don't give up, try something new first and see how that goes before you throw in the towel.
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    Seriously? You're going to give up? You have lost 35 pounds, which is quite sucessful in and of itself, but you're still just throwing in the towel after all the hard work and dedication you've already put into losing the weight that you have? You're going to give up after promising yourself that you were going to drop the pounds and live a healthier life?

Perhaps you should reconsider.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If you're starving then I wonder if you're not eating the right type of food.

What's a typical day of food & exercise for you?

And Marla's right, no giving up! :flowerforyou:
  • bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    Seriously? You're going to give up? You have lost 35 pounds, which is quite sucessful in and of itself, but you're still just throwing in the towel after all the hard work and dedication you've already put into losing the weight that you have? You're going to give up after promising yourself that you were going to drop the pounds and live a healthier life?

Perhaps you should reconsider.

I have 35 pounds to go. I haven't lost 35 pounds. I've actually lost 15 pounds.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Eat more.
    And don't quit if you're feeling down. Maintain.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    bh34,

Come on..... Don't do this. You'll only gain the 16 pounds you lost and be more mad and frusterated at yourself then. Take a breath. We can figure this out, why you aren't loosing. What are your stats? Height/Weight/Cals you consume/Exercise cals you burn..... If you set your food journal for others to see I could take a look at it also if you want.......

What do you say? Let us help you before you give up??

:flowerforyou: :heart: Pip
  • elsgans
    elsgans Posts: 21
    Options
    nooooo...don't give up......look how far you have come......maybe you are puting on muscle which will look like weight gain....are you really eating enough to prevent stravation mode??????? keep going !!!!!

re-evaluate what you are doing...look at your exercise and eating habits....are you drinking enough fluids?
  • bh34
    Options
    If you're starving then I wonder if you're not eating the right type of food.

What's a typical day of food & exercise for you?

And Marla's right, no giving up! :flowerforyou:

I am on the slim fast diet. Here's a breakdown of my daily routine:

Breakfast - Slim Fast Shake or Meal Bar
    Mid-Morning Snack - Nutri Grain Bar
    Lunch - Slim Fast Shake or Meal Bar with a side salad
    Mid-Afternoon Snack - Slim Fast Snack Bar
    Supper - I eat pretty much what I fix for my husband and 2 girls, except I eat in moderation.

I have cut out all fried foods and regular sodas. All I drink is water and diet sodas.

As far as exercise goes, I have a video called "Walk Away The Pounds," and I get on my elliptical.
  • bh34
    Options
    bh34,

Come on..... Don't do this. You'll only gain the 16 pounds you lost and be more mad and frusterated at yourself then. Take a breath. We can figure this out, why you aren't loosing. What are your stats? Height/Weight/Cals you consume/Exercise cals you burn..... If you set your food journal for others to see I could take a look at it also if you want.......

Pip, how do I set my food journal for others to see?

My height: 5'4"
    My weight: 172
    Calories consumed: 1500
  • haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    Increase your exercise and lift weights...this happens to me too. Some of us have to work even harder to lose weight. Make sure your getting enough veggies and protein too.
  • nl_lynx
    nl_lynx Posts: 12
    Options
    i have to agree with the other comments, you likely need more calories if you are feeling hungry. do you eat every 2-3 hrs to keep your metabolism satisfied. are you eating healthy carbs, proteins and fats? maybe you are burning more calories from exercise than you think or MFP says. do you have a HRM? i would up your calorie intake by at least 200/day. you are NOT giving up....have you not changed your lifestyle and now are committed to this 'new' YOU? do you really want to go 'back' to your old, bad habits? if you have tried EVERYTHING, maybe your body is happy with all that you HAVE changed...can you accept that? i would be happy with any results. you have made progress and that IS success. think about it and keep on working towards your goals......you can do it! GOOD LUCK!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Instead of shakes and bars, try eating "real" food.
    Eat more, more often.
    Servings of veggies and fruits all day.
    New exercise needed, if you haven't switched it up. Try p90x or another butt-kicking DVD/program?

To let us view your food/exercise diary, just copy the URL, I think that's enough.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    bh34,

Pip, how do I set my food journal for others to see?

My height: 5'4"
    My weight: 172
    Calories consumed: 1500

Go to My Home/Settings/Diary Settings. At the bottom there you can set it for public, private or friends to view. :smile:

Let me do some thinking/research and I'll PM you K? :flowerforyou:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    I know Slim Fast shakes are quick and easy, but you could eat so much more food for the same amount of calories if you ate real food instead. Part of what is satisfies us when we eat is actually chewing and experiencing different flavors and textures.
    Don't give up! I did last year after a couple of months of doing well and I regretted it, so now I'm back and plan to stay. :smile: You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • godsgrl
    godsgrl Posts: 49
    Options
    I am on the slim fast diet. Here's a breakdown of my daily routine:

Breakfast - Slim Fast Shake or Meal Bar
    Mid-Morning Snack - Nutri Grain Bar
    Lunch - Slim Fast Shake or Meal Bar with a side salad
    Mid-Afternoon Snack - Slim Fast Snack Bar
    Supper - I eat pretty much what I fix for my husband and 2 girls, except I eat in moderation.

I have cut out all fried foods and regular sodas. All I drink is water and diet sodas.

As far as exercise goes, I have a video called "Walk Away The Pounds," and I get on my elliptical.

Okay, no WONDER you are gaining weight. This is why I hate these types of diets. It's pretty much all carbs and sugar. Do some research about sugar and weight gain & health. Also, there is no way you could stay on this long term. Who wants to eat slim fast shakes all day for the rest of their life? If I were you, I would totally revamp your diet. I think you'll feel less frustrated, and it will certainly help you to not feel deprived. Try eating real food for a change, still staying within your calorie count, still exercising, and see what happens. I'll bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you want to, PM me and I'll be happy to assist you in any way possible. Pre-mommy days, this was my field. (Though that was a long time ago ... :smile: ) Just don't give up yet until you try some other things.
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    Sweetheart, I haven't lost since January and I refuse to give up. I l know my health is more important. Keep working hard and trust me one of these days something gotta give. You will lose the weight. I will come off. Those are the words I hear week after week from my supportive hubby. I started something new to try and get over my hump and will report back to you.DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Instead of shakes and bars, try eating "real" food.
    Eat more, more often.
    Servings of veggies and fruits all day.
    New exercise needed, if you haven't switched it up. Try p90x or another butt-kicking DVD/program?

To let us view your food/exercise diary, just copy the URL, I think that's enough.

i was going to say just what you said!

you need some real food girl. shakes and bars are not real, and you will likely be more satisfied by real food while getting the calories you need. when i started i could not for the life of me stay under my calories, or at my calories. but it is practice...mainly, learning what to eat.
    no more slim fast!!!!
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    Try a different route! Slim fast is gimmicky! Eat real foods, full of fiber that will fill you up. Fiber One makes great cereals, and bars. Eat lean meats with protein, there is so many things you can do to lose weight and still eat! Don't give up, revamp! Good luck, and keep us posted!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    you have been losing just under 5 lbs a month..you joined this in march. that is really not so bad!!!!!!! keep at it!!!!:angry:

:flowerforyou: i know you can do it! <3