June Shredders - Week 1!!!!

Options

Replies

• Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Sooo frustrated this morning. I just weighed myself and I'm up 2.5 lbs from yesterday. I'm assuming it's (at least mostly) water weight, but that's so discouraging when you're just getting started! I did the Shred (late) last night, and it was hard! I didn't do it as well as I should have because I didn't know what she was talking about a lot of the time, so I had to keep stopping to look at the TV. Today should be better because I'm familiar with everything. I'm sore today (I've been sore since I started working out a week or so ago), but I've got StrollerFit this morning, and I'm planning on doing the Shred when / if DD takes a nap. Good luck to everyone on day 2!!

Hey hey...don't get too frustrated...Jillian does say in level 1 that it could take up to 5-7 days to start feeling a difference.!! As for the weight.....I definitely look at my scale numbers daily, however my mother (being a nurse) ALWAYS reminds me you can be up OR down 5 pounds a day.....depending on how much water you took in and what you ate.....I am no health care professional...I just know from personally experience. I had surgery about 5 years ago and had to loose weight afterwords (breast reduction). I lost 56 pounds......THEN I went to University.....freshmen 15 was more like freshman 30 over 5 years of University.......anywho I am always here to help! If you like to read check out the book called "THE LAST 15" I am reading it now and feeling very encouraged!! you could also try "Cracking the fat loss code" or "eating clean"!!!!!
    message me whenever!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:

oh PS dont forget to stretch!!! lol as I mentioned before I work at a before and after school program. I do C.A.T.C.H. (coordinated aproach to childrens health) with the children....and I ask them " what is the FIRST thing EVERY animal you know of does when it wakes up??".....the answer is STRETCH!!! haha they love crazy facts!! I truly believe in streching in the morning even if I am not working out afterwords!!!:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Vans
    Options
    Ugh I screwed my neck up yesterday so I figured it wouldn't be a wise decision to work out :cry:.
    Gonna try to get it in tonight.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Vans,
    I will get you my stats tomorrow morning, promise!! :flowerforyou:
    no worries....I was assuming our threads will last a whole week seeing as we will be starting new threads on Mondays!! :flowerforyou:
  • Vans
    Options
    ok I got day 1 of 30 done. :) Just got done a few mintues ago and its 12:45am lol but I got it done!! Have 2 kids sick with strep throat so I had very little time to work out today. I haven't gotten my measurements done yet either. lol but hope everyone had a great first day!!!!

I dunno if we've already talked about this or not but are we doing it for all 30 days or are we taking like 1 day off a week or 2 days off a week or what??

good luck everyone!!!

WOW!!! 12:45. and I thought I was crazy being at the gym from 9-11pm lol
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i also did shred late (for me) last night. i got home from teaching dance at like 9pm and my bf and his friend were downstairs drinking and before i could hang out i ran upstairs and shredded. i kinda felt like a dork! but i wanted to make sure i got it in! i feel like i'm stuck doing it at night now cuz there's not enough time before the following morning for me to recover! oh well. nighttime it is i guess.
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    ok I got day 1 of 30 done. :) Just got done a few mintues ago and its 12:45am lol but I got it done!! Have 2 kids sick with strep throat so I had very little time to work out today. I haven't gotten my measurements done yet either. lol but hope everyone had a great first day!!!!

I dunno if we've already talked about this or not but are we doing it for all 30 days or are we taking like 1 day off a week or 2 days off a week or what??

good luck everyone!!!

WOW!!! 12:45. and I thought I was crazy being at the gym from 9-11pm lol

yeah i'm a late night person. lol I'm usually up until at least 1. a lot of times later than that. hahaha. I think I have a touch of insomnia :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm an early bird over here, hehe. Day 2 is done for me.

I'm going to take at least one day off per week because I'm a believer in rest day.
  • Vans
    Options
    I'm an early bird over here, hehe. Day 2 is done for me.

I'm going to take at least one day off per week because I'm a believer in rest day.
    yup yup...I am planning on taking a recovery day as well....not too sure which day yet however....during the weekend that's for sure!!!
  • Vans
    Options
    WOW!! Day TWO....INTENSE!! I pushed as hard as I could....I had droplets beeding off my head lol ewww grosss...but good I think!! Good Luck to everyone today!!:flowerforyou:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is done! I'm pretty pumped, because I actually did the advanced version of all the exercises, including the pushups!

I'm not planning on taking a rest day. Of course, if my muscles need it, I will take a break.
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    day 2 is in the bag!!! lol :):) hows everyone else doing??
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My quads were really sore during the workout but seem fine now. 28 days of shredding left. Can't wait to see the results. Everyone hang in there!
  • rayshobes21
    Options
    Wow you guys are amazing! Reading your posts is keeping me motivated! Just got done running going to shred this evening. What weights are u guys using?
  • wmcnicol
    Options
    Wow you guys are amazing! Reading your posts is keeping me motivated! Just got done running going to shred this evening. What weights are u guys using?

I'm using 5 pound weights. But I don't think I could have if i wouldn't have already been using them to do turbo sculpt for a while. Sometime I wish I was using 3 pound weights but I only have 5 pound ones dang it haha :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    My quads were really sore during the workout but seem fine now. 28 days of shredding left. Can't wait to see the results. Everyone hang in there!

I learned a few months ago that sore muscles actually go away with cardio :laugh:. Go figure.
    What weights are u guys using?

3 lbs but I plan to do without on the days I have resistance training, especially if I end up with only 1 day off per week.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options

I'm using 5lbs, but wish I had something in between that and my 10 lb weights... like 7 or something. Thankfully I'm not sore today, but I had also done 4 days of this, then took 2 days off before starting over yesterday. The first few days, I my arms were more sore than my legs. I'm thinking I might move to level 2 in 5-7 days instead of 10. We'll see how it goes.
  • Vans
    Options
    Day 2 is done! I'm pretty pumped, because I actually did the advanced version of all the exercises, including the pushups!

I'm not planning on taking a rest day. Of course, if my muscles need it, I will take a break.

I was pretty psyched when I was able to do the push ups today as well!! I was only 1 away from how many the ladies do on the DVD....
    as for weight most of the time I use 3 IBS however it is not enough for the chest flys so I use 5 IBS......hopefully by the end of week 2 I can use the 5IBS the whole video!!!
  • Vans
    Options

I'm using 5lbs, but wish I had something in between that and my 10 lb weights... like 7 or something. Thankfully I'm not sore today, but I had also done 4 days of this, then took 2 days off before starting over yesterday. The first few days, I my arms were more sore than my legs. I'm thinking I might move to level 2 in 5-7 days instead of 10. We'll see how it goes.
    hahaha I did the same thing!! I did the shred all of last week (Sat/Sun off)...then when I posted asking for an accountability partner I got such great feedback so we created this group!! I am so psyched:bigsmile:
  • Vans
    Options
    I HAVE NO INFORMATION for these people that are on the chart:

Arienna

jagilmore

jljohnson

NykkieZ

leshawnturner (only have SW/GW)

you may have posted it and I did not see it.....I was hoping I could get peoples information via private msg....so sorry if I did not get your info!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I live in an apartment!! What should I do? I feel SO bad for the people below me hearing me jump around like an elephant... :grumble:
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    So do I I have a mat that absorbs most the sound.