I <3 MFP but really, is this nastiness necessary?

Options

Replies

• Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    WAIT A MINUTE!!!! you cant shoot.... They will hear you and they all come rushing in to EAT YOU!!

Bows and Arrows is the way to go:happy:
    I hate everyone. Hopefully the zombie apocalypse will come soon so I can start shooting.

remember: douple tap to the head

IMO a flame thrower would be a better option, if they get to ya at least there would be some roasting when they turn ya.
  • azuria518
    azuria518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone. Hopefully the zombie apocalypse will come soon so I can start shooting.

Lmao...love
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    I've been here quite a lot over the past week and I've yet to see a nasty post. What am I missing? Is this some people's first internet forum?? I belong to MANY forums and this is BY FAR the tamest of them all. Hell, I'm on a couple forums populated mostly my engineers and scientists and they can get NASTY
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    This forum is so tame that I can't believe people get butthurt about the minor digs and jabs posted here. People are ruder to me in line at the Post Office than they are on MFP. The mods here are so quick to crush anything that is remotely racy or sexist or off-color (aka, "fun") that this forum is drier than a popcorn fart.

If you are so insecure about something posted on here that may possibly kinda maybe be poking a little fun at you, I strongly recommend you avoid the rest of the internets. It is not a very nice place out there.

///link to lemonparty.org
    //goatse image
    /pic of Eric Estrada deriding your sexual orientation

\m/
    Someone has a blue waffle as their profile pic.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I totally :heart: you for writing such an awesome response to the chaos in the masses. .Beautifully expressed and so on point. . I truly hope it hits home where it needs to! Have a lovely day.:flowerforyou:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    WAIT A MINUTE!!!! you cant shoot.... They will hear you and they all come rushing in to EAT YOU!!

Bows and Arrows is the way to go:happy:

remember: douple tap to the head

IMO a flame thrower would be a better option, if they get to ya at least there would be some roasting when they turn ya.
    Flame thrower? If you set a zombie on fire, what do you get? A flaming zombie running towards you.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just wondering how someone writing a post about how people should be less mean, will change anything? I mean... it's not like some "bully" is going to be like, "omg... I am totally who this post is about. omg. I am a meanie mean pants. I need to change." Telling someone to smarten up and change their behavior isn't going to be met with change very often... if at all.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Passive aggresive bullies are just as bad as well

i can't if you're being serious, or ironic.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Passive aggresive bullies are just as bad as well

i can't if you're being serious, or ironic.

Im all mysterious like that
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just wondering how someone writing a post about how people should be less mean, will change anything? I mean... it's not like some "bully" is going to be like, "omg... I am totally who this post is about. omg. I am a meanie mean pants. I need to change." Telling someone to smarten up and change their behavior isn't going to be met with change very often... if at all.
    Would it be better to do nothing at all? I don't think so.
    I would rather make the effort and possibly not get results than do nothing and guarantee no results.
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    You can be honest AND funny without being mean. As someone who has a lot of experience being bullied, has worked extremely hard to get healthy physically and emotionally, and feels a very real responsibility to set a good example, I can't really NOT make my own stance known.
    But doesn't perspective mean anything here too? A few weeks ago I refuted a female about lifting lighter weights and higher reps to lose fat (her opinion was that that was the best way). I did it tactfully and without being malicious at all. A few minutes later she pm'd me saying why I was so mean to her. WTF? I explained it nicely and even backed it up with clinical study evidence and she continued to harp on that I embarrassed her by telling her that she was misinformed. Goes to show that some people may take things out of context and perceive them as being mean or bullying.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

GO NINERS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ok, that's my two cents on this topic k thx)
  • brittanyleigh05
    Options
    i agree. and i think that's all i should say.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So glad others such as yourself feel the same way I do. I hate reading forums and reading that stuff. It is all immature bs and needs to stay out of here!!!
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    This is a PERFECT example of life! Humans get upset, many try to do what they think is the right thing, many feelings are hurt along the way, and then everyone gets eaten by zombies in the end.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    posting before this is removed ;)
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well said.:smile:
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Because I am an adult and it is my responsibility to behave like one.

AMEN!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    this is why i love the new "ignore" feature. i know of several ppl on here who i cannot STAND, due to personality conflict. i'm sure that, to ppl who don't clash with them, they are perfectly nice individuals. that doesn't mean i have to like them. and now, i don't have to even see them on here.

basically though, don't be a d!ck. ignore the ppl you don't like and this site gets a LOT cooler. and it was pretty up on that scale anyway.

Nice! I wish they'd make an ignore feature for Pinterest, too...
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    For real though, kudos to OP for taking the time and energy to express her opinion!

I happen to agree with it. But hey, I'm a sensitive therapist. I need to keep blinders on most of the time when I'm online, so I don't have flashbacks to childhood bullying and start rocking back and forth in a corner.
  • Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    AMEN!