An apple a day,,but which one,,,,,,,

Hi everyone, have a weird questions,,,, i was logging in my breakfast , which included an apple,,, then i typed red apple,, withouth even thinking,,,well,,, now i wanna know,,, do you think all apples are the same??lol i mean, what ones are the most nutritious you think, does the yellow, or green, or der, really matther? or is ts just a little of taste change?? silly questions i know,,lol but it now got me curious,,hehe
also got few of my pals curious as well,,, anyone know??

Replies

• Red apples are the healthiest I think - I have braeburn apples or gala .. both taste exactly the same virtually :)
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    I'm with the above post, I always choose Royal Gala or Braeburn which come circa 50 calories per 100grams

But in theory, shouldn't the less sweet apples be fewer in calories? Such as a Golden Delicious
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    I'm kinda thinking that they would be negligibly different nutrition wise. There might be small differences, but in the grand scheme of things, nothing to write home about. I choose either what tastes better or what's cheaper.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    I'm not big on green apples or the basic red ones, but I usually get Gala, Braeburn, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady! :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    They're all pretty much the same, just different tastes. My favorites are Fuji. Good to eat plain and fantastic in pie.

I used to use Macs exclusively for pie, but couldn't find any at Christmas, so I used Fuji because it's what I had and they made a fantastic pie!
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    You can not top a honeycrisp apple!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Fugi & Crispin are my favorites

Love: Honey Crisp, Gala, Golden Delicious

Like: Red Delicious, Braeburn

Granny Smith is the devil of the apple family and needs to be destroyed :-)
  • rml_16

Everyone says that, so I tried them this year and was disappointed. They were good, but not as great as people say. Then I heard Pink Lady is an awesome apple and tried those. Eh.

I still prefer the Fuji.
  • HONEY CRISP!! End of thread. :)
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133

Granny Smith is the devil of the apple family and needs to be destroyed :-)

Agreed!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Honeycrisp is my absolute favorite!

I also like Pink Ladies and Jonagolds as well.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    I only eat McIntosh apples.
  • Umpire57

Everyone says that, so I tried them this year and was disappointed. They were good, but not as great as people say. Then I heard Pink Lady is an awesome apple and tried those. Eh.

I still prefer the Fuji.

Fugi rules the Apple World! - We are in the same boat!
  • rml_16

I still prefer the Fuji.

Fugi rules the Apple World! - We are in the same boat!

Are you my apple soul mate??? :-)
  • Umpire57
    Everyone always talks about the Honeycrisp but the big Fugi is SOOOO much better. Don't get the tiny ones, get the big ones!

RML_16 and I wouldn't steer you wrong!

Once again: Stay AWAY.... FAR AWAY from Grannie Smith! She is a WITCH!!! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I'm kinda thinking that they would be negligibly different nutrition wise. There might be small differences, but in the grand scheme of things, nothing to write home about. I choose either what tastes better or what's cheaper.

Yes, I agree with this ^^
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member

AMEN TO THAT! Best apple in the history of the world, period. :)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Would have to be a Pink Lady!!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Granny Smith is my favorite, y'all are haters. ;)

buuuut in terms of calories, I cant imagine they vary terribly far from one another, except when it comes to their SIZE
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    I love apples....pink lady and honey crisp top the list.

Make sure to get organic though. Apples top the list for most pesticides.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/eat-safe/dirty-dozen-foods#fbIndex2