fit and fun sized - those under 5'4" - January 2012

Options

Replies

• 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Victory! Finally within "healthy" BMI range! It's been about 4-5 years since I've been here! :bigsmile:

I also signed up for a dunk-test to check my body fat in a few weeks. 1 year ago @ 156 lbs it was 30% body fat - I'll be very interested to see what my current results are & then re-evaluate my goals.

Although I look good in clothes, I still have "pinchable" fat around my stomach - seems like a lot of fat to grab given all my loss? I would love to get rid of that "crease" in my back fat - it even shows when I wear a one-piece bathing suit - yuck! :embarassed:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just updating! Hello everyone!

So, I cycled Monday to Friday. In Monday I did 2.3 miles, felt like I nearly died and took hours to recover with the taste of blood in my mouth. On Friday, I did over 4.5 miles, felt like I could have done more and recovered instantly.
    Weekends are my rest, but I have to do SOMETHING on Saturday and then Sunday's the day I can really relax. I did Kinect yesterday and plan to do so again today.

Gained 0.6lbs overall. On my ticker that obviously goes from 1lbs lost to 0lbs lost, so I'm back to my start, but that's fine. Think my body will take a few weeks to adapt to the cycling, and I'm certainly improving a notable amount.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Victory! Finally within "healthy" BMI range! It's been about 4-5 years since I've been here! :bigsmile:

I also signed up for a dunk-test to check my body fat in a few weeks. 1 year ago @ 156 lbs it was 30% body fat - I'll be very interested to see what my current results are & then re-evaluate my goals.

Although I look good in clothes, I still have "pinchable" fat around my stomach - seems like a lot of fat to grab given all my loss? I would love to get rid of that "crease" in my back fat - it even shows when I wear a one-piece bathing suit - yuck! :embarassed:

Well done on getting into the 'healthy' range. I've a long way to go yet but dream of that day!
  • RachStevens06
    RachStevens06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but not to dieting. I'm 5'3'' :)
    I started in July when I saw the scales hit 157. I was in the states on vacation and did I ever over do it with the fast food and food in general.
    I started slim fast but with my lactose intolerance I started getting quite sick. So I started just eating right and trying to move more. I dropped 10 lbs really quickly, probably water weight which brought be to 147 where I stayed for a while. I was hard core dieting. I saw a friend use MFP on FB and I thought, "why not"
    I found out I was eating way too little. I was eating anywhere from 600-800 calories. No wonder I wasn't losing.
    I started tracking and have been on the down fall ever since.
    I'm currently 127 (30 lbs down) and I'm stalled out. I'm not expecting to get any lower, I do have quite a bit of muscle and I have had 2 kids. I was 120 before kids but I don't know if 120 would look good on me anymore. So for now I'm just taking it one day at a time, making sure I eat healthy and actually hitting 1,200 calories, which is sometimes hard for me.
    For 2012, if I won't lose anymore, my goal is to firm up. my husband will be gone to the dessert for 6 months so I'm using that time for me.
    I'm glad I could find the Fun Sized group :)
  • kristena6968
    Options
    hi m 5'3 and hoping too lose about 100 lbs. im new to this so could use the extra support!!
  • lyddsmom
    Options
    Great attitude Cherylpj! I'm glad you are looking for progress in ways other than the scale.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just checking back in after not being able to post or read for the long weekend. My DD had an old friend that had moved away come back for the weekend to ski with us and so ski/board is what we did.

Today I hope I have the strength to start walking by myself if no one at work can walk with me everyday. I can walk alone at home with my dogs, but there is something about lapping the parking lot that makes me need support.

My two walking buddies have been too busy to walk, so I have to find the will power.

I will catch up on the posts later.

Jeannie
  • lvance13
    Options
    Hi All-
    Barely 5' here. 2011 was a year that was not dedicated to me at ALL. I had my 2nd baby in April, and from there, i never took time to lose the baby weight, and i was already over weight. Now that things have settled down with the baby (as much as possible), holidays are over, and we've just gotten into an overall good routine-i'm starting to find a little "me" time. Right now I have been setting small goals for myself. i LIVE off of soda, so since the beginning of January I have cutback from 5+ sodas a day and 0 water, to drinking 1 soda a day and at least 7bottles of water. I have started to walk the stairs for 10 minutes a day at work, and each week I am adding to it. I was horribly sick last week, so I fell off track a little, so this week I am going to get back to where I was, and pick up again next week. Next week I will be adding the C25k program, and bringing my breakfast/lunch to work 4/5 days . My short term goal right now is to lose 20lbs (the rest of my baby weight) by my son's first birthday April 11. Longer term would be 50-60lbs total. I really look forward to the support of MFP and you ladies!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't stay away from the cookies. It's Girl Scout cookies time again & I bought some. I've only had 2 a day however - better than the 6 to 8 cookies I used to eat!! I've actually lost 2 more pounds since last week and my exercising is coming along nicely.

Happy healthy eating all!!

This is my big weakness this time of year. Hang in there! The cookie season is almost over!

Jeannie
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump for my boss!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Melis, 5'3, and over 200 lbs. I lost 24 in 2011 (my first year using MFP) and lost momentum halfway through the year after a knee/foot injury....but I'm all healed up and ready to re-assert myself! I'd love new friends, motivation and encouragement are key for all of us I think!!

What worked for me - tracking (of course) and exercising daily during the week.

What stumps me - emotional/boredom eating. I've found that if I keep my protein levels even though, this isn't much of a physical issue.

BEST WISHES to all my fun sized warriors out there! WE CAN DO THIS!! :)
  • MrsNinaMartin
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and now weigh 224 so I know it's hard
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am glad I found you all.

I am 5'2". Starting weight 180. Since May 2011 I took control of my life. I started walking, a block first, and slowly increasing my walking and started the south beach diet. I lost 35 lbs.

I found MFP October 2011 and returned to the gym. I lost 50 lbs total.

My biggest fear is that I will not be able to maintain my weight loss. Being short sucks cuz every pound I out on, it looks like I gained 5. I have a lot of people I work with that would love to see me fail...(that really sucks!)

I appreciate your support and the support of MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • Mandizzlelephant
    Options
    I'm 5' and trying to lose 15ish pounds. Would love some friends to keep me motivated!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and hope to reach my goal weight this year.
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello all, 5'3 and trying to figure all this out. Reading all the posts is very helpful and motivating. My first time posting. Hope I do this right??

1757159.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi All! This forum is great! I just joined a week ago and so far I am loving it! I am 5'2 and weigh 166 pounds would like to lose about 30-35 and so far I have already lost 2!
  • trudyfilbert
    Options
    I'm 4'9 and shrinking........I leagally need a booster seat to drive......(read the info on the booster seat box) . Being short makes every pound looks like 2 Off or on! Just remember that great things come in small packages.
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2" and started MFP at 236. I lost a total of of 34 lbs in 2011 and am proud of that. But, I still have a long way to go. My ultimate goal is 105 lbs lost, but for now I'd like to lose 20 lbs, which is in April. And everyone is right. When us "shorties' lose 5 lbs people really notice, but when we gain 5 people REALLY notice and it stinks : (
  • Stoicus
    Stoicus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5ft 4 and I honestly never gave my height a thought when it comes to weightloss. I've managed so far to lose 44lbs and have another 45lbs to go. I can't wait to be at my goal weight this year, 2012 baby :) That said, I'm more than happy for people to add me as friends and continue on together :)