HELP ... what alcohol to drink when dieting ?

Options
i go out alot and i would rather find a healthy alternative rather than give it up helpppp?

Replies

• Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    There aren't any healthy alternatives to empty calories.
  • Greenhaven44
    Greenhaven44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Dry white wine spritzer with sparkling water .... Or save as treats it's all about balance for me and a total lifestyle change
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I continue to have a glass of red wine every evening. I plan that into my day. Any alcohol though is pretty much empty calories and can interfere with fat metabolism so its just a choice really. I choose to to continue to have a glass each evening and still work towards weight loss bc that's how I plan to live life. For me if its truly a lifestyle change, that's just part I don't choose to change so i forgo other things instead. Good luck!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    gin and slimline tonic is my drink of choice...when I'm trying to be good :-))
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    i go out alot and i would rather find a healthy alternative rather than give it up helpppp?

Vodka and Pineapple juice

Or Tequlia with Pineapple back
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    SkinnyGirl margaritas aren't too bad.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda Lime/lemon
    Vodka water lime/lemon
    Vodka Diet
    Vodka Martini Dirty

I love vodka.
  • chunky_munky83
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke have approx 60 cals per glass, and no sugars (being diabetic its important to watch these things! ) :D
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anymore but when I did it was always vodka tonic. Stay away fom toes fruity drinks.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Stick with anything clear!! :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    A glass of red wine a few nights per week is all I bib.

If you're one of those heavy drinker types who can't live without a semi-weekly buzz, oh well.
    Your ability to reach goals will be inhibited, because it's a lot of wasted calories that can only come from one source: nutritious foods your body needs.

Now might be a good time to re-evaluate your drinking habits.
  • Erin51
    Erin51 Posts: 35
    Options
    As a new diabetic, I found that DC and vodka have the least nasty simple carbs...I actually drink maybe 3 times per year, so this may not count as good advise :drinker:
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Vodka or bacardi n diet coke...50 cals or any spirit with diet coke!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Vodka straight up w/ a squeeze of lime (add some water to cut the taste if it's too strong)
    Rum w/ diet coke
    Vodka, Tequila, or Rum shots (chase w/ diet coke if needed)
  • hkovich
    hkovich Posts: 44
    Options
    When I go out, I like to get vodka with water and lime/lemon. It is a full glass, so you can sip it for awhile, and it doesn't have any calories from mixers. At home, I like a glass of red wine and it is not so many calories that it throws my day. As with all things, moderation is key. I don't feel like I have to give it up even if it is "empty calories". Life is meant to be enjoyed, and if that includes something to drink now and then, do it!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    You really gotta make more of a lifestyle change.

'Dieting' implies that it's temporary.

Meaning your results will be to.

I just give up alcohol for a few months.
    Then I get girls to rub oil all over my sexy body all summer long.
    It's s decent payoff.
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I saw this post, and I also enjoy drinking. My recent favorite is Rain Organics Vodka. One shot is 97 calories and mixed with seltzer water with a lime is delicious! It distilled from organic white corn and it has a great vodka taste, a slight burn without being over powering.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Drink what you enjoy and make it fit in to your calories. May mean you have to cut back on your drinking .... may mean you start working out even harder.

I'm okay with slow and steady weight loss, because I love beer more than life itself.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    None. Alcohol is made of sugar, besides the dangerous effects of alcohol.

If you can not imagine a life with out alcohol, please feel free to message me in private to talk if you would like to. I work with recovering alcoholics and drug addicts. Normal people that do not have a problem with alcohol do not have a problem not drinking it, period. They also do not obsess on the fact that they can not have any either.

So if any of you are having trouble giving it up, it may be time to look inside yourself to see if there is a problem there. And yes,. I am ready for people to be mad at me for suggesting their precious alcohol is a problem.

And before someone starts spouting to me about how red wine is good for you blah blah blah, yeah, umm, no its not.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown that a little alcohol is good for the b ody. I've heard that women should stick to 2 drinks a week because breast cancer can be fueled with more than that.

Drink what you like, but something that won't make you binge. Like, if dacquiries make you crave nachos, stick to rum and coke, kwim ? Or put something in your calicum OJ, like rum.