Replies

• Katie0174
    Katie0174 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Every week or two, first thing in the morning
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Once a week, but I always subtract 10 pounds. I don't think a lady should be penalized on the scale for her brains and her boobs. :tongue:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Friday mornings before I eat or drink anything and after I go to the bathroom...naked. Sometimes I get a week where I feel like weighing every day but that just drives me nuts so I try really hard to only step on the scale once a week!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day, back when I had an eating disorder and weighed 7.5 - 8 stone.

Now, I weigh myself every 4-6 weeks. Always first thing in the morning.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at least once a week, but try to do it twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays, always in the morning at the same time of day. For me doing it twice a week gives me time in between to notice the results I might not notice if I weighed daily, but I feel that the weigh ins are still close enough together that I can hold myself accountable and not gain all of the weight back on.
  • Katieladie40
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but i only record it on sundays. I weigh everyday to help motivate me. When the scale reads lower i'm like "yes!! that workout was nice! i might be sore but i like seeing that number" and when the scale moves up im like "alright yesterday i did slack i need to work twice as hard this week. I wanna see those numbers back to yesterdays." I weigh myself not to see a smaller number but to motivate me.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday am, right after I get up. Then I get a more accurate number change, and I know if I did any good or NOT.
  • dearbree
    Options
    My boyfriend's mom told me to do it everymorning same time, after you pee but as soon as you can. She said she did a weightloss study before and she said write it down everyday so you know how much your body fluctuates during what time of the month it is. I hope this helps!
  • ValHallaGirl
    ValHallaGirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself everyday. Weighing myself daily keeps me focused.
    I do this too.
    :smile:
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Every night before bed i weigh myself, so see the effect certain foods have on my body(water weight, bloating etc). I also get measurements and BF % done at the end of each month.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow once a month! I could never. I am struggling with every Monday morning. I want to walk around with my scale and weigh myself every hour, but................I will just stick with Mondays.

Me too, want to sneek a peek every other day, but just stick to Sunday morning when I get up.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning at the same time after I empty my bladder and shed my clothes. I only update my weight on my MFP approx 1x/week.... but I send my daily weight to my nutritionist who is monitoring my diet and exercise regimen.

I would recommend 1x/week or every other week... always at the same time and either nude or wearing the same thing you were wearing at the initial weigh in.
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Every morning on wii fit. I need to see it to keep motivated.
    other people see a loss or a gain and self sabotage and should not daily weigh.
  • nicki_1004
    Options
    Since I am just starting out on this journey I am weighing myself everyday. This way I can see the fluctuations and when I step back to evaluate what I am doing I can look at my food intake, exercise, and weight to see what I need to change. Maybe once I am really rolling with this I will only do it once a week.
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week - the morning of my 'cheat' day. It keeps me from going too far off the rails!
  • twilighttabby
    twilighttabby Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. If it isn't a good number then that makes me workout harder that day.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i do it every day, and have for just over a year..i keep a journal of my daily weight, and have been doing it since day 1, and will continue to until i get to where i want to be, and can maintain..it is frustrating, but the body works in mysterious ways, and does what it wants i suppose..good luck
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    every 2 weeks and measurements at the end of each month
  • Jwirl
    Jwirl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Everyday, once first thing in the morning and once before I go to bed.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Every other day. I know someone are against it but it works for me. And I know to know how my sometimes poor decisions affect me.