That little black dress wasn't so little...

Options
FitRodr
FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
I've posted my success story before but I wanted to share a different comparison this time. I reached my ultimate goal in November 2011. I began at 244 lbs, I wouldn't even think about putting on a little black dress. There aren't any pics like that.

In 2009 I married the most amazing man and wore my only "little black dress" a size 18-20 (1st pic - 214 lbs). I thought I was looking good and it WAS the best of days. I love him more everyday and he has been the most amazing support. Loved me chubby, loves me thinner.

Today I went shopping and found a truly "little black dress" size 10 (2nd pic - 152 lbs). Turns out that my idea of little then is not my idea of little now. On the inside I am happy in both pics but in the 2nd pic, I am happy AND healthy.

If you are just starting or partly thru your journey, IT IS POSSIBLE! Make the commitment and NO MATTER WHAT - DO NOT GIVE UP! I live one day at a time, one meal at a time, one bite at a time. Whatever it takes to live to my full potential and be healthy while doing it. I have made a lifelong lifestyle change and I'll never go back.

I wish each of you health, strength & happiness!

Wedding day 2009 - 214 lbs

Fatwedding.jpg

1/18/2012 - A healthier me!

006.jpg

Replies

• KristenCassandra
    KristenCassandra Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Good job!
  • brandybea
    brandybea Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    great job you look great.
  • Sarah_S
    Sarah_S Posts: 46
    Options
    You look great!
  • amysala85
    Options
    bEAUTIFUL!
  • faithog
    faithog Posts: 76
    Options
    WOAH! The difference in your waist-line is AMAZING! Congratulations- you really look phenomenal =)
  • Klynn63
    Klynn63 Posts: 66
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • chellie346
    chellie346 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesme job! and thank you for the motivation!!!
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    THE LBD! the best motivation ever .. an even littler black dress!
  • meberendes10
    Options
    You look great!
  • briannaleigh89
    Options
    Thank you for such an uplifting story:) I'm very proud of you!!!! Great Job!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! :flowerforyou:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great accomplishment - You keep using the magic word too - HEALTHY - I love it! You look fantastic too!
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT! VERY INSPIRING!
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have a little black dress hanging in my closet.. I can't wait until I'm wearing it!! You look amazing! Awesome job!!!
  • gmorales06
    gmorales06 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look great!
    One of my motivations is a LBD hanging in my closet!!!
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Look at those curves! Whooo!
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ....and don't you look fabulous....I know exactly how you feel. I bought and am now wearing a frock 6 sizes smaller than I would have considered a year ago...44lbs lighter, goal weight Dec. 2011. I'm afraid I was a sook....I cried....lol.....good for you....
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look wonderful!! Show that pride off girlfriend!
  • strgzrlily
    strgzrlily Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look great in both pictures! Being happy on the inside makes all the difference. Having a man who loves you nomatter your size is priceless! I started out at 236 and today am 189.4. I started Oct 1, 12. I owe alot of my success to the wonderful man I married two years ago. He believed in me and helped me to believe in myself! Now we are training to run a 5K and Warrior Dash this spring/summer! I'll make it to my goal wieght of 165 (maybe less) all the while holding his hand.

Your right, it CAN be done. You just have to want it BAD enough!

Great Job!
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Really great! You look wonderful, thanks for sharing this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!