Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 4

Options

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big meat eater myself and I have found that I eat more peanut butter, and drink lots of milk. Also if you are a cereal eater like I am check for protein in that. I always thought I was low on my protein so for about a week I made sure to record and I wasn't as low as I thought. :flowerforyou: I was also thinking about taking protein shakes. I LOVE eggs but I love the whole thing but I never knew it was only 20 calories for just the whites that is good information for me to know.

Im in with the veggies. I have been using those steamers for my freash veggies instead of the cans and my whole family loves them so maybe the next time I'm at the store I will try and see if they have little bag for just one or two people that way I can eat them for lunch.

The kids last day of school is tomorrow and we are debating on what to do for supper. Ugh. I want to treat them but the other part of me wants to be at home and not run around today. I could personally just eat cereal for supper or have a sandwhich of some sort. Im just lazy today.

I shall be working out tonight however.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Hey has anyone listen to jillian's talk show from sunday yet?? She has a great subject on there about how to cope with critism.

here is the website for everyone again. I love to listen to her everyweek

http://www.kfi640.com/pages/podcasting/
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    First off, i apologise for not sending in my weigh ins - I have been MIA for 2 weeks! I have been poorly but getting back into things again slowly. I have what is called thalasaemia trait and get very low haemoglobin sometimes. The most worrying thing now is I've got the 5k run coming up saturday and I have not done any exercise in 10 days!:cry: I just hope I don't let anyone down come saturday. A lot of people have supported me in pledging money for this very good cause (am doing a a 5k in aid of breast cancer). I have said to my family I'll do it even if I have to crawl the whole 5k! Please wish me all the best - it's all for a good cause.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Just saw the new challenge. For fruits so far I had: small apple, peach yogurt (with REAL peaches), and dried apricots. For veggies I had chopped carrots. I don't really have a problem with getting enough fruits and veggies. More stopping eating those sweets! They cancel the healthy stuff out.:angry:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo bagged but I'm lagging in my squats challenge. :yawn:
    j has got me motivated a tad....I'm going down to admire my cleaning job.:drinker: :heart:

Nice to see our drifters back! Sometimes, there's just not time.

hgam-You'll be able to run it! Mind over muscle-Once you start-go with a slow pace, and just keep telling yourself you can do it. Walk if you need to, it's not a race. Let your adrenaline flow and you'll be cruisin'!:bigsmile:

Hey Leigh, I've had 3 hernia's repaired. You'll be fine, hang in there-hope there's no twins lerking around.:laugh:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I'm sooo bagged but I'm lagging in my squats challenge. :yawn:
    j has got me motivated a tad....I'm going down to admire my cleaning job.:drinker: :heart:

I'm glad i can motivated you, you top drawer you. *giggles*
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Laura and I walked together for about an hour tonight!!! I used google maps and I think we did about 2.5mi. Felt like we were out there for 20min!

Can't wait to see everyone's weights tomorrow! Don't forget to send them!! :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hey people!!

I'm still here! Just pushing along! I've been struggling with tendonitis in my ankle. I think it's called posterier tibial tendonitis. Anyway, it means no more step class for me & only using the first level on my treadmill & not taking long strides. I shouldn't complain because it sounds like if I just take it easy for a little while that I'll be okay. I just have to behave myself & slow down a little. I've been putting up with it for 3 weeks now & finally just went to the doctor today. I really didn't want to hear what I knew he was going to say! I'm totally addicted to my step classes!!

I'm glad to see that you're all here & doing well! Thank you to all of you who asked of me & checked in with me! I appreciate the support!

So far, I'm liking the looks of my weigh in for this week, but I'm going to wait for the morning to see if iit changes!!

Keep it up! You're all doing great!!
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to do too well this week. I haven't exercised in 3 days. I'm worried that I keep getting off track on my exercising/cardio and I cant stick to it!! It's so frusturating!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.8lbs in the last week! Ahhh you have no idea how excited I am!!! Just goes to show what a bit of exercise and staying in your calories will do. AND I didn't starve myself at 1200cal....I ate 1400-1500 all week. :bigsmile:

I am sooo unbelievably happy right now. Halfway through the 190's......
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to do too well this week. I haven't exercised in 3 days. I'm worried that I keep getting off track on my exercising/cardio and I cant stick to it!! It's so frusturating!

I'm having the same problem. I feel a little bored of my routine, so I stop altogether. Maybe you should try something new? There are a lot of exercise programs and DVDs out there!:smile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I feel a little bored of my routine, so I stop altogether. Maybe you should try something new? There are a lot of exercise programs and DVDs out there!:smile:

If nothing else, get outside and go for a walk - enjoy the sunshine, the birds, enjoy the day!
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    My weight today is 202.2. Yeah me.
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.8lbs in the last week! Ahhh you have no idea how excited I am!!! Just goes to show what a bit of exercise and staying in your calories will do. AND I didn't starve myself at 1200cal....I ate 1400-1500 all week. :bigsmile:

I am sooo unbelievably happy right now. Halfway through the 190's......

You go girl!! You do definitely sound happier. :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work!
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I finally made it into the 150's again (159). I haven't seen that in over 6 years. It is so good to be in this community of "beautiful blues". Not only is everyone willing to share their successes but also their stresses and sorrows. It all helps me personally. I can relate to so much of what all of you are going through and your successes keeps motivating me to stay on track. Other stories help me to know I am not alone. I think all of us can relate to the stress eating and how many of those life events contributed to what our weight is today. It is nice to not be judged as weak because you are overweight but we had a lot to deal with in our lives and probably diet and excercise were the last things on our mind.
    I know I started gaining weight when in the same year, I changed jobs, moved to a new house (even though these were good things they were still stressful). Then my mom became really ill and passed away a few years later. So...5 to 10 pounds a year and next thing you know I am thinking, "how did I get here."

It is nice to be on the way down now. I've lost 30 pounds since I started last year. As we know, it is so much incredibly harder to lose than gain!! But I can't say enough how joining this group and logging in calories on this site has helped in the struggle. The beautiful blues are awesome. Even if I just read the posts and don't get around to posting myself I am here and I appreciate the help of all of you.
    GO BLUE!! Have a great rest of the week.

And by the way, my oldest graduates tomorrow from High School. Very mixed emotions there. It' s a combination of "Finally, he made it" :flowerforyou: :drinker: and sadness to see your baby graduate.:cry:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    No change :sad: 134
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I did awesome this week - didn't realize it til I checked in today - WOO HOO can't wait to see our chart........:happy: :love: :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Jacq - no sad faces - you didn't go up - you maintained - that's a good thing too!:smooched:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Heya Blues! Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good! My goal from now until June 17th is to maintain. My husband is coming home and since we're broke, I've planned out menus for the whole time he is here. I'll actually be cooking instead of going out to eat every night so it shouldn't be too bad for my plan. I am stressed about him being here and trying to deal with his deployment so I figured if my goal was maintenance that if I lost anything at all, it would be like a bonus! We're going to a cabin for two nights (it was a gift from my boss/friend!) and I'll be able to cook there, too. I think we might be able to go out one or two nights while he's here. I was really hoping for the Cheesecake Factory (it was where we went the night before we got hitched) but maybe it's for the best that we can't afford it! :laugh:

I only lost half a pound this week. I kind of expected it because I did so well last week and I've slacked off on packing in fruits/veggies and drinking water. Exercise has been decent but could be better. I want to try to hike at Amicalola Falls while we're up at our cabin and hopefully we can get my treadmill out of the garage and back into the spare bedroom while he's here! :happy:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Enjoy your time together! Take walks together to burn extra calories - or I am so sure you'll burn some :blushing: Just have fun!:bigsmile: