As of today.......I GIVE UP

Options
13»

Replies

• dnd858
    dnd858 Posts: 64
    Options
    Definitely don't give up!
    I've never done the slim fast diet but I honestly think you should be eating real food--chicken, veggies, some fruit--there's so much and you won't feel like you're depriving yourself. Plus, you'll have more energy to work off those last punds you're going for!
    Try some new workouts...lift some weights...just don't give up! :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GIVE UP!

“IF YOU DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN”.(CHANGE SOMETHING!!)

~Jo :flowerforyou:

stop yelling you! :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    PM me lady, we'll go over your routine and numbers, and I'll see if I can't see what you're doing to hurt your progress. Can't hurt! Extra eyes sometimes see things we miss.
    Me next!! me next!!! :wink: :tongue:

Why do you need help? You're my dream girl. I lurk you every day. :wink:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    PM me lady, we'll go over your routine and numbers, and I'll see if I can't see what you're doing to hurt your progress. Can't hurt! Extra eyes sometimes see things we miss.

See....everyone is out to help you succeed....this is what I do when I get stuck/frustrated (or if I'm being horribly lazy, or craving an oreo shake)..."What would Banks Tell me to do???" :blushing: :happy:

Seriously if what you're doing isn't working, have some people who have really figured out their healthy lifestyle give you some ideas on how you can start changing how you think about food.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I'm quitting too, can I PM you? :laugh: Just kidding!!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your encouragement, advice and support!! It's nice to know that you have friends at MFP that are cheering for you.

I think once all of my Slim Fast stuff is used up, I will just start eating healthy foods. (cereal, yogurt, sandwich with whole wheat bread, lean meats, veggies, fruits).

I love MFP!!! :smile:

Thanks for the motivation :flowerforyou:

Awesome!! I'm so glad that you changed your mind! :smile:

And I agree...I love this site too!! :happy:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Me next!! me next!!! :wink: :tongue:

Why do you need help? You're my dream girl. I lurk you every day. :wink:
    Vishenka_11.gif
    No help needed... just :heart: getin IM's from ya mista :smooched:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GIVE UP!

“IF YOU DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN”.(CHANGE SOMETHING!!)

~Jo :flowerforyou:

stop yelling you! :tongue: :flowerforyou:
    whoops.. I just get so excited! 84.gif
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your encouragement, advice and support!! It's nice to know that you have friends at MFP that are cheering for you.

I think once all of my Slim Fast stuff is used up, I will just start eating healthy foods. (cereal, yogurt, sandwich with whole wheat bread, lean meats, veggies, fruits).

I love MFP!!! :smile:

Thanks for the motivation :flowerforyou:

...just thought I'd chime in here with my 2 cents, too.

My hubby HATES to waste money, so I can totally see why you want to use up your Slim Fast stuff first. I'd like to suggest that you take this time of when you still have the stuff to gradually switch over to a healthier lifestyle. Maybe pick one meal/snack/whatever to change to "real food" at a time. That way, it's not like someone just "threw a switch" and you're suddenly non-Slim Fast (and out all that wasted money). Check your expiration dates on the shakes and maybe you could transition a little faster and only use Slim Fast stuff for snacks while you're eating healthy meals, too. I know in these times, we all hate to waste money--especially since healthy choices seem to cost more (why do they weigh salad bar plates in a hospital cafeteria and charge you per ounce so that you pay $7.50 for a really good salad but only $2.50 - $4.00 for a greasy cheeseburger and fries? :mad: ...but that's a different subject :smile: ).

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I wouldn't WAIT til you use up the Slim Fast "stuff."
    Start now, having an occasional shake or bar won't kill you and will still use it up, it just won't be the only thing you are living on!

Everyone has great advice and tips.
    I echo don't give up... I haven't had a loss since October.... and have actually GAINED 4 lbs this last month... but I am still here.... bluggin along.

Toss in so filling foods (whole grains, lean proteins, and lots of fruits and veggies).... in a bind.... have a shake or a bar for a snack.

:flowerforyou:
  • hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    oh, and if you'd like to share your food journal, then go to "foods" and then click on "settings" and then click "public" and then "save" and then you can go back to your foods list and copy and paste your link for all to see.

:drinker:

please don't give up, but only give up on trying to not eat. you need to be eating and feeding your muscles...I wouldn't worry about eating or not eating my exercise calories, but eat when your truely hungry and make it something healthy. and remember to be drinking your water. but don't go overboard. I think the key here is to keep things in balance. :flowerforyou:
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Instead of shakes and bars, try eating "real" food.
    Eat more, more often.
    Servings of veggies and fruits all day.
    New exercise needed, if you haven't switched it up. Try p90x or another butt-kicking DVD/program?

To let us view your food/exercise diary, just copy the URL, I think that's enough.

i was going to say just what you said!

you need some real food girl. shakes and bars are not real, and you will likely be more satisfied by real food while getting the calories you need. when i started i could not for the life of me stay under my calories, or at my calories. but it is practice...mainly, learning what to eat.
    no more slim fast!!!!

I definetly agree. i was using the slim fast shakes forever and i never felt fulfilled. Try having some special K cereal in the morning, that way you can actually get some nutrients, and their protein meal bars are great if you like a small snack in the afternoon. Just don't give up, after all that dediction you deserve to keep going!
  • JessicaMorris
    Options
    I dont know what your feelings are about changing your diet and all but try www.50millionpoundchallenge.com.. it helps and you can even get a meal plan made up for just for your wieght. height and activity level...and most of the foods are stuff that people usually buy anyways...i hope i helped a bit... ive already lost 135 pounds and ive only been on it a month and 3 days
  • JessicaMorris
    Options
    sorry there was a type i lost 15 pounds not 135...
  • skinnywilomeena
    Options
    I agree with these ladies ...go for the real food...start a little at a time, you cant survive on the slimfast plan forever...eventually you have to go back to regular food..You will be so much more satisfied>>>Dont give up!!!!!!!!!!!:noway: :noway: :noway: