Question for the ladies (or gentlemen)

Options
InvictusPheonix
InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
Ladies, I need some input.

I usually get about 50/50 male/female ratio for friend requests. I generally accept them all.

Buuuut, the first "red flag" I feel, I usually unfriend.

Here's my dilemma. I don't like private messages. When I've added a new male friend, and the first thing I get is a message asking for my real name/ other personal info/ just literally the word "hi", I get a little creeped out. (This has never happened with a new female friend-but happens with guys about once a week)

I can't help it, it's that feeling in the pit of my stomach (like, did I just walk into a college bar?)
Am I being paranoid/judgmental? Or should I keep "sticking with my gut"?

Replies

• littlelua
    Options
    Stick with your gut.
  • grimmaster1983
    Options
    Stick with your gut.

4 words answered this perfect :D
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Stick with your gut.

Agree 100%
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, that's just way too personal too fast honestly.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Your comfort is what matters most. It's your profile and you manage it however you see fit.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    uh yea thats creepy.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Saying "Hi" I wouldn`t worry about if that is all it amounts to but trying to find out personal info is a no go.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Definitely stick with your gut. Creepers!
  • imaprncs
    imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    which is why I only friend femals
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Your comfort is what matters most. It's your profile and you manage it however you see fit.

Yeah, some are just being friendly. Others are being creepy. You'll know which is which. Don't be afraid to just cut 'em.
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I agree with this.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    def. Stick with your gut!!!
  • aeboone24
    Options
    you know what is right. keep up the good work n keepjerks far away/ my stomach knoted with your words. i would block them if there is a way.
  • katinka13
    Options
    never happened to me, but i only have one male mfp friend who's a great and supportive guy. personally i wouldn't accept all that many people as friends. simple.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've had to delete a few. Usually i just say straight up 'Im here to lose weight not pick somebody up. If thats ok with you then we can be friends'. if they persist after that i just delete. Like you say, your gut reaction is usually right.
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Better safe than sorry with Internet!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Stick with your gut
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Blimey, I don't think any chaps have ever PM'd me. I feel rejected. :-P
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Is the issue the creepyness, or the private messages?
    we can just try it out in the open and see if that changes it for you.

Hi, would you like to be my friend? What is your real name. I'm Bill, but I also go my Lucifer and Lord of the utratarians. I enjoy long walks down dark alleys and sitting in the park, people watching from afar. Would you like to come down to my work out pit I have dug in my basement? I'd really like to get to know you better. What brand of shampoo do you wear?
    Please include several samples of your hair, with follicles attached please and mail them to.

Oh, I see why you would need to send this pm. . don't want to get too give my address out over the internet! Someone with ill intent might pick up on it and, well stuff me in a pit in their basement!