Let's talk sugar grams or who else goes over everyday?

Options
I will admit I am not focused on my sugar intake as much as I am on fat and calories however I am over by a lot everyday. I am watching it though.

My morning coffee with sugar about kills my grams for the day.

Does anyone else here ignore their sugar grams too?

I will not go artificial with my sugar, it is either the real deal or nothing for me.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure Paula Dean does.

(too soon?)
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I bet Paula does not ignore it but lies about what she eats. How do you like that? LOL
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I do use splenda but I still tend to go over my sugar all the time. I just took it off my macros so I didn't have to look at it anymore. I like my fruit, so it I go over whatever. If it starts to affect my weight loss I will rethink things.
  • JKBarnett88
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS going over my daily goal for sugar intake! It was actually making me mad so I changed it to "protein" so that I don't have to see that annoying bright red "-45" again! (I do try to watch it though.)
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    I go over every day. And not just by a few grams. I usually at least double it...

But as almost of my sugar intake is from natural sources, I frankly don't care.
  • tillermom
    tillermom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always go over on sugar!
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS going over my daily goal for sugar intake! It was actually making me mad so I changed it to "protein" so that I don't have to see that annoying bright red "-45" again! (I do try to watch it though.)

I like it. Glad to see the responses.

I am going to eat fruit and it takes me over. That red pummelo fruit I love so much is loaded with sugar.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure Paula Dean does.

The truth. Sugar is underrated by a lot of people. The more sugar you eat the more you addictively crave it and will binge on it.

(too soon?)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Fake sugar tastes disgusting; I would never use it either! I only use one teaspoon of (real) sugar in my coffee, but really between that, a *plain* Greek yogurt, and an orange in one day, I am over in sugar. I don't track it in MFP and don't really sweat it. I make sure my added sugars are low. I rarely eat boxed/packaged foods and do a lot of home cooking, so added sugars aren't really an issue for me. Others on MFP try to keep their total sugar very low, no matter the source. You'll have to find what works for you.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I always go over a little almost every day with my sugar. I use stevia a lot to try and keep that figure low
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I go over every day. And not just by a few grams. I usually at least double it...

But as almost of my sugar intake is from natural sources, I frankly don't care.

This...
  • michaeltoye
    Options
    I bust my sugar carbs each day, but i still lost 50+ lbs and never gained weight whilst on my diet, so don't fret.
  • Lynniebinee
    Options
    Try "Stevia" is an all natural substatute to suger and taste like the real thing ....
  • northwjj
    northwjj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yep, everyday...not by 10 or 15 grams, more like 30-40 grams. It is discouraging to see how much sugar I'm taking in. I have a horrible sweet tooth. I too, am more focused on my calories than most other things. I don't really like the taste of artificial sweetners either. I have stopped using sugar in my coffee and now only use a tablespoon of flavored creamer. I also crave sweet cereals, like Captain Crunch and Fruity Pebbles. I'm trying to work on it, but it is really hard, considering there seems to be sugar in everything. I wish MFP would break down the sugars that are in fruits and other healthy choices and the sugars that come from processed foods.
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I always go over, but it's almost always from fruits and what not so I'm not worried about it.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I always go over my sugar...............I , like you, use real sugar in my coffee...............other stuff just doesn't taste the same............I switched my yogurt over to plain greek yogurt to lessen mine and just add a few tbs of sugar free jam.............
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Trouble is that it makes no differentiation between 'artificially' added sugar in stuff like tea or coffee and the much more natural sugars in fruit.
    I like fruit but I love tea. If I had to lose one it would be the fruit but I would then be losing a lot of other good stuff. I've cut out stuff like syrup on porridge and fruit juice in the morning but I'm still always over.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't worry about it.
  • hellosunshine88
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one! I had been worrying about this... phew!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Mine will go over with my milk and fruit intake alone. I have swithched to almond milk to give myself less sugar with that and I try to stay away from the procesed sugar foods, but usually cheat daily with a cookie or something. I will get "sugar free' ice cream and puddings. I also do us Splenda or Truvia as well.