Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need some new friends, to drop 100+ lbs and to gain confiden

Let me introduce myself first!

Instead of giving you a complete story and having you read like a million and one pages, I'll just do the cliff notes version to save time

I was very athletic growing up. Starting center on the basketball team up until 7th grade when I was diagnosed with severe scoliosis. At 12 years old, I had two metal rods screwed to my spine which A.) Hindered my athleticism and B.) made me super lazy thus the pounds piled on.

At my heaviest, I was almost 400 lbs, but somehow I managed to still get the hot chicks in school/out of school. I'm now 24 years old and since January of 2011 I have lost 70+ lbs thanks to Phentermine. I really didn't watch my food intake or exercise at all, I just let this pill do the work for me and the weight flew off.

I'm now sitting at 298-300 depending on the day and my wife is almost half my size. Every time I look in the mirror, I'm pretty much disgusted with myself and all of that self-loathing that comes with the added weight.

Sunday, January 22nd, I'm starting to hit the gym every day after work. (Why not now, you ask - because I've given myself a set start date and a set finish date.) I'm following a workout regime by Kris Gethin and also following his diet plan.

Just looking for a few more people to kick me if I bail out now.

Replies

• ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Sent you the friend request, you can do this!!!
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Accepted!

And thanks! All kinds of support are both appreciated/accepted
  • TomsFZ1
    TomsFZ1 Posts: 12
    We've got your back! Thanks for the friend request.

-Tom
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 118 Member
    I'm new to this sight and also looking to lose 100+ lbs. You can do it! Setting a date is a good idea. I had a health scare that really made me realize that I'm too young to feel this unhealthy. I've lost 12 lbs the past 2 months and 3 just in the past week using MyFitnessPal. I am looking to gain some friends on this sight for encouragement and someone who knows what it's like to be heavy but want to get healthy. We're all in this together!! :-)
  • digitalmayhap
    Thanks guys!

It's definitely good to know that people got your back, no matter what the situation is.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Friend request sent! You can do it! :smile:
  • digitalmayhap
    Thanks!

I really appreciate everyone's support!
  • Hello!

My name is Ivy, and I've just gotten on MFP myself (this past Sunday). This is a great sight and I have been so excited with all of the features and support on here already. I started dieting and exercising last April, and started at a weight of 195. I am now down to 152.8 as of today. I had been using Loseit.com, but my cousin got me on here last weekend and I switched. So glad I did.

Wow, what a goal for yourself. You can definitely do it! I'm here for you too! I am starting a new challenge group too if you'd like to join it. It will officially start this Sunday, waiting until then to get responses and people to join. It's under Motivation & Support Forum. Would be a great day for you to start, since that's when you are starting your regime. Go for it!