What the heck happened to my lower back and butt?!

Options
2»

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Someone had a post yesterday w/ some good pics from doing Butt Bible. Pics were great

I saw her post, but her prebutt was amazing as is! lol

Thanks for all the suggestions, I've added squats and leg lifts to me workout, I am seriously thinking of buying the butt bible too.

I was mordified at my back and butt... yuck.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do more strength training. It not only helps you look more toned and healthy, but you lose inches and boost your metabolism with more muscle. Strength training won't make you look bigger in that area. Instead, you'll look more lean and defined. Cathe Friedrich at www.cathe.com has some excellent lower body workout DVDs. She also has some great total body and upper body strength training workouts. Pilates, power yoga, and barre (ballet-style) workouts are also really good for toning the butt.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, lunges, bent over rows :)
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My legs and butt toned up nicely just by walking everywhere. I only walk about 3 miles/day now, but I used to be closer to 5 or 6. And this isn't exercise, it's just transportation.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I take it you are saying it's a fat area? If so no type of workout will spot reduce the fat, you can do exercises to build and tone that area but the only way to get rid of the fat is with Cardio and Diet!
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    So yesterday, we took before pictures, and I was honestly grossed out at my butt and lowerback. What the heck happened?! I guess you never REALLY get a good look, full on, of that side. So yesterday on my walk/jog I did an extra movement that worked out my buns too, I did some extra squats, and added in leg lifts to me normal routine.

What do you do for this area? Back love handle, butt, and under butt? I want a GREAT butt!!!

:) Thanks for the help!

I believe squats, walking lunges, and deadlifts (either type) are a must. After the leg workout do an incline walk on the tredmil or any type of cardio for that matter. I found that when I started doing cardio after my weight training, my body toned up..including my butt! DO NOT forget to work hamstrings! Working the hamstrings will help put you on track for a nice booty!
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So yesterday, we took before pictures, and I was honestly grossed out at my butt and lowerback. What the heck happened?! I guess you never REALLY get a good look, full on, of that side. So yesterday on my walk/jog I did an extra movement that worked out my buns too, I did some extra squats, and added in leg lifts to me normal routine.

What do you do for this area? Back love handle, butt, and under butt? I want a GREAT butt!!!

:) Thanks for the help!

if you can do them (no back problems) squats are THE best exercise for you butt. I know personally that I NEED them else my butt shrinks and goes flat. I thought leg presses with my feet placed higher on the foot plate would be ok too...nope! squats to the floor! brought my butt back up nice and plump in a few weeks. lol
  • sarahdawnross
    sarahdawnross Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I experienced the exact same thing. I took before pictures from the front (meh) and the side (eh...) and the back (GOOD GOD THAT IS NOT GOOD!) As you said, it's an interesting perspective since one normally does not have a straight on view of their backside. That behind picture has been my motivation because my tush looks puffy, the backs of my legs have cellulite, and even my arm fat from behind looks terrible.

I've just upped my cardio, I can't imagine it would hurt. But I think you are doing a great deal of good by doing any lower body type exercises-- Cheers!
  • tonybdavies
    Options
    I second the lunges recommendations, one benefit is they stretch your butt and back leg muscles unlike squats.