June Shredders - Week 1!!!!

Options

Replies

• skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I also live in an apartment and on the 2nd story and I don't think you're as loud as you think you are. I know if I was being loud they would tell me! Is it possible to jump "softer"?

Day 2 down and I feel great. I just wish I had time to do more than just the Shred, like maybe speed walking or some light jogging. :grumble:

Yay for all of us with 2 days down!
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It seemed impossible but i did it today:happy: day two down,,,woooohooo!!!!:drinker: i feel good! alittle tired i have to admit:yawn: CONGRATZ EVERYONE WHO MADE IT THRO DAY2:drinker:

KEEP IT UP!
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    yay! day two done for me as well!!!! (well technically day 5. . . i started on friday)

i use 3 lb weights (well 2 lb 13 oz jugs of Ragu but who's counting?) and i agree they're not enough for the chest flys but i can certainly use the break. i'm so impressed by all of you doing REAL push ups. my bf thinks i'll be there in another 2-3 days so we'll see.

xo
    kat
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I had a bad day for the most part so I used today as my cheat day seeing as I was REALLY busy anyway, on the plus side I got a new job, yay!!!! :bigsmile: But, anyway I was too sore to do my video today anyway, will get back in my good habits tomorrow morning!!! I also bought a new scale for $70...supposed to be really accurate, Idk if mine was that accurate haha. Have a great night everyone =)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I had a bad day for the most part so I used today as my cheat day seeing as I was REALLY busy anyway, on the plus side I got a new job, yay!!!! :bigsmile: ...

Grats! That's a good reason to celebrate, hehe.
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2. All i can say is i am more out of shape then i thought. I can feel this workout in my butt too. I am going out of town this weekend so wont be able to do it friday or saturday as i wont have a dvd player, but i can probably do it without it. I ruined my diet though today, i went out to eat and had too much pizza.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    I my self had a not so good day. I took today off normally I wouldn't but my stomach feels sick and I'm a little soar.I don't know what is wrong with me but I got real depressed this afternoon. I need to start getting my workouts done in the morning! This waiting until night just doesn't work for me neither does morning either not because of time but because I'm lazy. I really want to get to my goal weight. Tomorrow new day new attitude. I ate way to much little just not really over my fat and calories but i just don't know I miss being little and confident! i shouldn't put confidence all in a little body but I am. Thanks for listening or reading ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • Arienna
    Options
    I my self had a not so good day. I took today off normally I wouldn't but my stomach feels sick and I'm a little soar.I don't know what is wrong with me but I got real depressed this afternoon. I need to start getting my workouts done in the morning! This waiting until night just doesn't work for me neither does morning either not because of time but because I'm lazy. I really want to get to my goal weight. Tomorrow new day new attitude. I ate way to much little just not really over my fat and calories but i just don't know I miss being little and confident! i shouldn't put confidence all in a little body but I am. Thanks for listening or reading ladies!:flowerforyou:

I definitely see what you're saying here!!!! I understand completely! I need to get myself back on track tomorrow, we can do this!!! :drinker:
  • jagilmore
    jagilmore Posts: 21
    Options
    Day 2 down!! Almost didn't get to though. My dork of a husband didn't listen when I asked him to get of his video game at 9:30pm and when 10pm rolled around I went in to use the TV and he was still on! Didn't start until 11:30pm! But I didn't give up!! YAY! I really like this workout!

Went to eat with a friend! Not to bad but I didn't realize what I ate would mess me up so bad! I had heart burn and a tummy ache. Life goes on though! Didn't go over my calorie limit but I sure felt like I did!! Anyway, I did do my workout and now off to bed!! Night!
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I totally understand! We all have those days! :smile:
    Last week was a hard and kind of emotional week for me. I didn't workout once and didn't really watch what I ate. But Monday (yesterday) was a new week! I finally got back on track and so can you! I see from your ticker that you've already lost 29 pounds and that you're a little over half-way to your goal weight!!! That is so awesome!!! :flowerforyou:
    You're half-done! Remember that! And when you don't want to workout, remind yourself that you're so worth it! Tell yourself that everyday! :smile:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Finished Level-1, Day-2! It was harder today because I was sore but I pushed through!!!
    Good luck to everyone for tomorrow (Day-3)!!!
    WE CAN DO THIS!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: (Water!!!) :happy:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Arienna
    Options
    Good morning shredders!! I hope everyone is doing well, however I'm sorry to say I won't be finishing the month with you, I've decided to hold off on Shredders for now, I just got turbo jam and am going to try that out instead. Shredders was a tough workout, but I like the variety in turbo jam a little bit more. Good luck to you all!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Haven't gotten to day 2 yet - I tried the shred out on netflix and like an idiot sent it back before I bought another copy...I can't find it anywhere! I tried our Walmart, and Kmart, and that's pretty much all we have to get things like that.

Where did everyone get theirs?

I'm really down today...my new-ish job (new position) is really getting to me, we're really run thin here and there's way too much work getting piled on us all. I get really sad just walking in here! :cry:
    I'm exhausted by the time I get home and all I want to do is sleep.

Any words of advice?

Have a great day all!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You can get it at amazon.com, but then you have to wait for it.:sad:

I know work can really drain people but try to look at the positive....You have a job. Hopefully you have a job you enjoy..at least most of the time.

I have done the shred 5 times now and it gets easier but I still don't know what I hate more Jillian or the stairs in my house. :laugh:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Day 3 DOWN....and I am down 2IBS....I hate to admit it but yesterday I only did the shred, skipped out on the gym to go see STAR TREK with my BF. Had some popcorn, and cashews I had in my purse.....realy thought id go over because I am also PMS-ing hahaha. WOW. I really hope to keep going. THings are looking tighter already!! YAY!!

Good luck JUNE SHREDDERS....keep up the good work. Sorry to see you go Arienna! Good luck! I have also tried Hip hop abs and slim in 6...Gotta love beach body!!...oh and THE SHRED :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • smithiekat
    Options

i got mine at barnes and noble with a gift card.

Day 3 DOWN....and I am down 2IBS....

I'm 0 lbs down. :frown: But i'm shrinking so i'll take it!!!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is done! I'm pretty pumped, because I actually did the advanced version of all the exercises, including the pushups!

I'm not planning on taking a rest day. Of course, if my muscles need it, I will take a break.

I was pretty psyched when I was able to do the push ups today as well!! I was only 1 away from how many the ladies do on the DVD....
    as for weight most of the time I use 3 IBS however it is not enough for the chest flys so I use 5 IBS......hopefully by the end of week 2 I can use the 5IBS the whole video!!!

HA! yeah still can't do push ups
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options

I just do mine off youtube everyday. Here's the link I use: http://www.youtube.com/user/xbabiboopx
    I believe this gal also has another Jillian Michaels video posted, so if this turns out well, I might try that one next!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm exhausted by the time I get home and all I want to do is sleep.

Any words of advice?

Get up a half hour early and do it before work.
    HA! yeah still can't do push ups

Yeah, I'm with you on that one!
    I'm 0 lbs down. But i'm shrinking so i'll take it!!!

I've given up on the scale moving. My inches seem to be melting away regardless which I definitely prefer.
  • smithiekat
    Options
    I've given up on the scale moving. My inches seem to be melting away regardless which I definitely prefer.

WOW! i just saw your photos! 4 lbs? Makes me want to throw my scale AWAY!