any healthy pizza recipes?

Options
missbethea
missbethea Posts: 280 Member
I'm a huge, huge fan of pizza! I love it. I can often make room for it in my diet if I am craving it. Problem is? I've been watching what I eat for about a month now. Really focusing on eating good foods, taking my viatmins, avoiding greasy/junk food.

Last night I had pizza with the girls. And the grease on the pizza literally made me sick to my stomach. I threw up when I got home because my body was just rejecting it so hard.

The idea of losing one of my fave foods is kind of depressing.

Do you guys have any good, healthy, pizza recipes? I'd love to try to making my own so I can enjoy it without the negative side effects :(

Replies

• fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have seen a recipe on here somewhere where you use cauiflower as the crust. now I have not tryied it yet but i will. I hope that helps. probably can go online to get reciep if you can't find it here.
  • edtrina99
    Options
    try making pizza yourself..like a spinach and chicken pizza so delicous and use lite ranch dressing for the sauce. My kids had a blast helping me make it for dinner. :smile:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My lunch today was 3 portabello mushroom caps with sauce, spinach, cheese, and a bit of chicken. I messed up a little and ended up not able to actually pick them up pizza-style, had to eat it with a fork but it was GOOD. With a little practice I think I can get it to not be so messy so I can eat it like a pizza.

You can also use a tortilla as the base and put your sauce and toppings on top.
  • MintheWing
    Options
    Here is a recipe for cauliflower crust pizza http://yourlighterside.com/recipe-the-original-cauliflower-pizza-dough-2/
    I made it a couple time and I think it's really good :)
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    use a flat out wrap or pita - 100 cals
    spread she sauce - 40 cals
    sprinkle the cheese - 40 cals for fat free
    top with turkey pepperoni or whatever you like - 20-30 cals

bake in the oven and keep an eye on it to not burn the cheese.
  • MCrowe1963
    Options
    Healthy Pizza - Makes 1 serving
    * 1/2 ‘Sprouted’ whole wheat bagel
    * 1 slice cheese alternative or low fat cheese
    * (Veggies Slices-American Flavor works great)
    * 4 slices turkey bacon
    Microwave bacon until just done. Top bagel half with bacon. Then top with cheese slice.
    Toast in toaster oven until cheese melts.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I make mine with normal bread dough, rolled out really really thin, then just top it with passata and a bit of grated cheddar. The way I make it, the whole pizza is 430 cals with just a bit of fat from the cheese (but I don't put much on as I hate cheesy pizza!).
  • abradley114
    abradley114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OMG sorry i got zoo excited i LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza my all time favorite thing!! What i do when i crave pizza is go into my hungry girl recipe book... i mean obv it is not as good as the real thing but it helps my craving and is only 252 calories for the whole thing here is the recipe

1 stick light string cheese
    1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes, plus more for optional dipping
    1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
    1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
    1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1 medium- large high fiber flour tortilla with about 80-110 calls (depending on which you get) La tortilla factory smart & delicious is amazing tortilla and good for wraps too
    1 wedge of laughing cow light creamy swiss cheese
    4 slices turkey pepperoni chopped

Take string cheese tear into pieces set aside

Combine tomatoes with italian seasoning in small bowl set aside

Get out a medium large skillet and spray with nonstick spray medium to high heat add veggies stirring occasionally until softened (apron 4 min) Remove veggies and set aside

Remove skillet from heat re spray and bring to medium hear spread one side with cheese wedge lay tortilla flat in skillet spread seasoned tomatoes over one half of the upward facing side of tortilla

evenly top tomatoes with half shredded string cheese followed by veggies and pepperoni top with remaining cheese cook for three minutes

Using a spatula fold the plain half of the tortilla over filling and press down lightly flip and cook until both sides crispy (aprox 3 min)

It is like a pizza quesadilla :) Hope you use this and enjoy it is soooooo good!

252 Calories 7.25g fat 979mg sodium, 31.5g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 5,5g sugars & 18g protein
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is how I do my pizzas:

1 pitta bread (opened to make two pieces). - 130 cals
    1 tsp of tomato puree and 1 tsp of tomato ketchup spread on each half of pitta - 60 cals
    2 slices of buffalo mozarella on each half - 150 cals
    1 slice of ham chopped up on each half - 60 cals
    2 slices of tomato on each half - 15 cals
    Sprinkle of oregano on each half

Total cals = 415
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much everyone :) I'm super excited to try some of these! I also found a recipe in one of my books for zucchini bites that have sauce/cheese on them that look pretty awesome.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I use a flour tortilla, small amount of pizza sauce, cheese and any vegetables you like. Very yummy on the grill (my kids favorite as they can make their own and it only takes a few minutes on the grill).

I bring it to work and pop it in the toaster oven.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I usual the boboli bread or even 100 cal english muffins, Ragu pizza sauce, Lowfat mozzerella, turkey pepperoni and / or canadian bacon slices. You could put some olives and mushrooms on if you like. In the oven at 400 for about 10 - 12 minutes.
  • DrD2012
    Options
    My family likes the naan breads/Indian flat breads, LF moz cheese, sauce/add some grilled veggies!
  • alsw
    alsw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I make a crust that has only uses oil to grease the bowl and pan, I make my sauce without oil, and I use part skim mozzerella.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I saw a recipe on pinterest where portobello mushroom caps are used in place of crust.
  • janetmartin12
    janetmartin12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What I do for pizza is I use pita bread and toppings mine is usually around 405 calories for one whole pita bread pizza and it does taste good to. If you use the white pita bread add 10 more calories.