what do you guys do with canned tuna.

Options
bnv08
bnv08 Posts: 33 Member
i found a can of tuna in my pantry and i'm going to eat it for dinner. i have no idea what to pair it with though. how do you guys eat canned tuna? :)

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like it in a wrap, mixed with cheesy pasta and peas, or mixed with mayo and onions on crackers.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    In a wrap or on a salad.
  • franniek34
    franniek34 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like with low fat cottage cheese and tomato on a triscuit.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Open one can of tuna, mix in 1 tbsp of mayo and mustard, spread in on a slice of bread, put in in the toaster oven, and put some tomato slices on top once it's nice and toasty

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMMMM

260 calories(ish) if you use light mayo, and depending on the bread you use
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    I have it mixed through a salad or mixed vegi's. Or have it as a snack on it's own, straight from the tin.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Mix it with a little mayonnaise and have it with some canned peaches (in juice, not syrup). Maybe on a sandwich, maybe not. Sounds disgusting but my friend said that's the standard in Belgium and I was the only one with the courage to try it and it's actually amazing.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain, put it in wraps with cheddar cheese, or in salads. My grandma makes killer salmon patties with canned salmon.
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So tempted to say use them as faux- dumbells. Sorry :(
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with some brown rice and use a little bit of salt and pepper to season it.
  • kingkong123
    kingkong123 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    BLEU CHEESE AND HOT SAUCE
  • Shimmerrzz
    Shimmerrzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just had a can of tuna for lunch; I squirted some yellow mustard on top and scooped it up with celery sticks....simple but tasty
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    mix it with spicy brown mustard and some diced jalapenos. Put on toast with tomato, lettuce, avocado, any other desired toppings. Using mustard instead of mayo really cuts down on fat and cals
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I mix it with honey mustard and diced jalapenos then put on a 110c everything bagel thin.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Open one can of tuna, mix in 1 tbsp of mayo and mustard, spread in on a slice of bread, put in in the toaster oven, and put some tomato slices on top once it's nice and toasty

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMMMM

260 calories(ish) if you use light mayo, and depending on the bread you use

wow i thought i was the only one who did that lol or i dont even use a tomato sometimes i just add cajun seasoning
  • tinkerpuppet
    tinkerpuppet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I make some whole wheat toast, lightly spread some cal-wise miracle whip, divide the tuna over the toast, put a wee bit of cheddar on it, and broil until the cheese is melted and the tuna is warmed up. Adding a slice or two of tomato is awesome too!
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I make a box of whole wheat pasta. Add the tuna with a can each of fat free cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups, and add whatever is your favorite vegetable, then once the soup mixture is heated, add in the cooked pasta. This is a staple, one pot casserole in my house.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I love it with shredded carrots and cut up apples. Add garlic and onion powder. Put on toast and enjoy! It's incredible.
  • jerry47car
    Options
    I made this last night with Tuna, a can of tuna, 1 potato (cooked & mashed as mash potato) cut up onion
    sprinke a little garlic powder, parshley, salt & pepper made a patty and rolled in fine bread crumbs, baked 400 deg for
    about 30 minutes just to get onion done and it browned, very good, had 169 cal in it, served with
    1/2 cup dried black eye peas & 1/2 cup brown rice, very good meal low cal meal.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I like to make tuna patties... just mix in one egg white, onion powder( or whatever seasonings you like) add some bread crumbs if you like ( I usually dont if Im watching my carbs)... I dont eat them on a bun or anything.. just usually with a side of veggies.. I do the same with salmon as well.. So tasty!
  • HTMTM
    HTMTM Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    IDon;t put mayo in my tuna. I use vinegar instead. Just a little for taste. Then I find it's really nice with some tomato and pepper in a pitta bread, warmed in the oven for a few minutes.