A perspective on "skinny" one's weight loss goal ...

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Propaganda. Notice how the top row are candid surprise shots that are especially unflattering to those women. the bottom row are all staged shots in very flattering poses.

Very true observation.

That doesn't make ANY difference! The women in the top four pics are half the size of the bottom row! It doesn't matter what angle you take pics of them, or the girls on top... the ones on the bottom are ALWAYS going to be curvier than the top. No "propaganda" involved because the girls on the top WILL ALWAYS BE THAT TINY no matter HOW they are positioned.

No they are not look at the messurements they are all almost IDENTICAL
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing.. i feel you guys.. i never want to be that skinny...ewwww ... I want to be healthy fluffy :).. People give me crap cause my goal is to waver in tbetween 155-160 and now i am 157 so i refuse to lose more weight, i get the OHHH you should be like 140... ummm hello I am 5'10..at 140 id look like i need to be tied down and force fed a mayo sandwich.. I am very happy with being a size 8-10 and i tell people who dont like it to go scratch LOL :) we fluffy ladies know our men like some meat with their potatoes :)
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think either row looks good. The women on the bottom have no muscle and the women on the top are bones.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I am skinny and proud. Fit and toned and skinny. Hardly a curve anywhere on my body, and that's the way I like it. Don't much give a crap what the men like, or other women's opinions either, actually. What I DO care about is health, and it doesn't take much overweight to put one in the obese category, relative to belly fat, i.e. And another thing. I agree with a few other posters who observed that nobody would DARE point out the faults of heavier women in such a way because they'd be flogged to within an inch of their lives. But it's totally ok to trash talk skinny women, make fun of, say only dogs want bones, etc. Whatever. I don't talk bad about you overweight gals, so I'd appreciate more respect because of my lesser size. Thank you, and have a nice day. :-)
  • sammy_romans
    Options
    Love that it gives women empowerment but I think that those women are beautiful. Not everyone would want the 2 body types but the grass is always greener on the other side. Just be happy with you who you are (or try) :)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Ive seen this on FB as well as tumblr and I totally understand how curvy girls might feel good about it, but bashing the thin girls for beeing thin is just as bad as bashing curvy and overweight girls for not fitting to the western standards and ideals of beauty. Really unnecessary to keep spreading it, no matter how good the intentions are.

This^^ Look I agree that it's probably not best to aim for an unhealthy /dangerously low or high weight, I don't think it's fair to criticise womens bodies like this. There are some slim women out there who struggle putting on weight, like women struggle to lose it. We should learn to stop tearing each others bodies apart and love them regardless.
  • GoldenGirl89
    Options
    Men Love curves....Dogs love bones.... saw this on a magnet.

LOL
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that - the top ones look unhealthy - helps keep some perspective :)

my measurements match Heidi's 34-26-34 I do not look sick unhealthy or like an adolescent boy. I have boobs-I have a booty and I have curves!
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time ladies will try and push their own insecurities on the way men or the media portray us, but the truth is out of all the men I know none of them have shown any aversion to a nice curvy, HEALTHY lady. Men I know like all types of women. Women come in bone thin or thick and pear shaped. I'm a pin up photographer, and love women of all sizes. My main concern is that they be HEALTHY/taking care of themselves on either end of the spectrum. All women have their own special something and I think that we should embrace all body types - not pit them against each other.

I myself have a preference to curvy, pin up types but have worked with the most beautiful of naturally thin ladies as well.

Love yourselves, be healthy, and for Gods sake stop comparing yourself to others! You're all beautiful in different ways.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    AGAIN!? Didn't we go through this for 120 billion pages the other day?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/452000-when-did-this-becomer-more-attractive-pic-i-hope

Rita Hayworth || 36.5C - 24 - 36
    Sophia Loren || 38C - 24 - 38
    Betty Grable || 36 - 24 - 35
    Vivien Leigh || 32A - 23 - 33
    Audrey Hepburn || 34A - 20 - 34
    Marilyn Monroe || 36 - 23 - 37
    Veronica Lake || 34 - 21 - 33
    Ava Gardner || 36 -23 -37
    Brigitte Bardot || 35.5 - 19 - 35
    Elizabeth Taylor || 36C - 21 - 36

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Kirsten Dunst || 36C-24-35
    Keira Knightley || 32A-22-33
    Jennifer Love Hewitt || 34-26-36
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35
    Gisele Bündchen || 35-23-35

Quoting myself because some people apparently can't read...
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options

LOL

and when you don't weigh 191 lbs, will you still find that funny?
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    AGAIN!? Didn't we go through this for 120 billion pages the other day?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/452000-when-did-this-becomer-more-attractive-pic-i-hope

Rita Hayworth || 36.5C - 24 - 36
    Sophia Loren || 38C - 24 - 38
    Betty Grable || 36 - 24 - 35
    Vivien Leigh || 32A - 23 - 33
    Audrey Hepburn || 34A - 20 - 34
    Marilyn Monroe || 36 - 23 - 37
    Veronica Lake || 34 - 21 - 33
    Ava Gardner || 36 -23 -37
    Brigitte Bardot || 35.5 - 19 - 35
    Elizabeth Taylor || 36C - 21 - 36

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Kirsten Dunst || 36C-24-35
    Keira Knightley || 32A-22-33
    Jennifer Love Hewitt || 34-26-36
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35
    Gisele Bündchen || 35-23-35

Quoting myself because some people apparently can't read...

Didnt you know its totally ok to bash pople on their weight so long as they are thin
  • rrrbecca11
    Options

LOL

and when you don't weight 191 lbs, will you still find that funny?

Oh yeah. :bigsmile:
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Heehee! Love that!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    A wise old sailor once told me.. Opinions are like...... Meh nevermind.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

Men also love bacon which comes from pigs....oh wait maybe THATS why they like "curvey" women

I wonder how well that magnet would go over
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think they're all attractive. Body-shaming on the other hand, isn't.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm a fan of hers or anything I just wanted to point out that Keira has decent abs which might indicate she works out a bit and might just be built that way
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options

Men also love bacon which comes from pigs....oh wait maybe THATS why they like "curvey" women

I wonder how well that magnet would go over

ouch! :bigsmile:
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I think they are all beautiful.

Agree!
This discussion has been closed.